Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268765 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2325 on: October 22, 2013, 10:06:51 am »

Yep. Time to warm up the fanatic gloves.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:00 am »

Need confirmation: will Myrln get his Hand if he goes out and kills a few people? Or is it a more chancy thing than that?
Or am I confusing something again?

The best answer I can give is "Why don't you go find out?"

It's not like Myrln would give a shit about anyone who isn't above him, his friend, or him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: October 22, 2013, 11:04:06 am »

Well, time to become Jack the Ripper go have some good Winter fun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: October 22, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

Oh hey, I discovered more artifacts and relics.

Darshendros' Talon: Exactly what it sounds like. It's a powerful, sentient token that wants nothing more than misery for the world.

Warp Gate: It's a door to anywhere. Only limit is that you can't take it with you.

Caribia's Skull: The skull of a dead god. Invaluable for necromancy.

Decarian Torques: Only seen on the Infinite Legionaries of high rank. Nobody really knows anything about this, but it seems to be combat-related.

Orb of Truth: This orb allows you to see the deep truth of all. It can force honesty, etc.

Golden Scales: Aside from having perfect measurement, the Scales measure the power of items as well as weight.

Tome of the Planes: Not just a book, but THE book. This is a complete listing of all of the Ways, in both the material plane, reflective, ascendant, descendant, and even the aether itself.

The Salmon: Possibly the most chaotic weapon in the world, the Salmon is, in fact, a live salmon with mystical powers.

Todesengel: A 48" black rapier used by Mingan, Todesengel is enchanted with powerful ice magic. The blade itself is reputed to be a temperature of absolute zero.

Seelenova: A claymore made of light and shadow with powers over both domains. It is fueled by the blood of the user - the more powerful their magic, the more powerful the weapon.

Malefactus: The counterpart to Seelenova, but shorter and more towards shadow than light.

Ishikiri's Robe: The tattered and bloodstained robe of Mingan's Defender of the Faith from before the War of the Gods, Ishikiri's Robe grants its follower supernatural physical abilities, as well as keeping its owner from a violent death - once.

Wavedancer: A cutlass used by Pellegrin, the Wavedancer grants its wielder partial control over the weather, as well as the ability to breathe underwater. It appears to be shaped like a cresting wave.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: October 22, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

Orb of Truth: This orb allows you to see the deep truth of all. It can force honesty, etc.
Need.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:13 am »

Ross, can I choose what kind of half demon Tarana is (without character finding it because I like it that way more) and choose a feat and possibly a level based on that?
If so, are there any limitations in choice of a demon?

Also, Is it possible that Tarana and Arana know each other from adventurer training?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:37 am »

I wonder what Thales would do with that.

If I were to have a character, I'd want the Tome. Road map to the back roads and secret passages of the universe? Yes please. Leave Garrison at 8, take a quick jaunt through the Eternal Corridor of the Ascendant Plane, and pop out at a tavern in Vernal Castle at 8:15. Sure beats fortnights on horseback.

By the way: teleportation is like higher math. Complex, many factors, lots of time, and most people can't do it. There are some long-standing portals, but they have limits, like "no more than 1 person weighing less than 150 lbs, buck naked" or something.

Yes to all.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:59 am »

I want those Artifacts of Mingan. Oh how awesome Morgred would look...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:58 am »

I want that Tome of the Planes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: October 22, 2013, 11:53:44 am »

A hooded figure in a tattered cloak, reeking of stale death and fish, red eyes glowing with malevolence from the defiled skull of a dead God; in its hands, a luminescent, shimmering salmon with eyes that hold the universe.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 22, 2013, 12:00:21 pm »

For some reason that reminds me of Sheogorath from TES.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: October 22, 2013, 12:05:34 pm »

Holding a fish to assault people? Yeah, that sounds like Sheogorath.

Ross, questions.

Since combat will be my bread and butter here, can you describe the process more in depth? What all contributes to your chance to hit? How much damage you do? I recall you mentioning that by being descriptive and specific with your blows, you can get a bonus.

Is there a difference between a level five mage swinging a sword and a level five warrior swinging a sword, either in damage, defense, or accuracy?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: October 22, 2013, 12:20:23 pm »

I should write Beta Party, but I need to finish the first encounter profiles. Expect Dominated humans, dark elves, and critters. There's some stormcasters, but most are melee classes.

Exactly that. If you write, say...

He raised his sword, and exchanged blows with his opponent, neither backing down until by silent, mutual consent, they parted and stalked counterclockwise, studying each other for weaknesses. He stepped close and slashed high, only for his blade to be parried low. Seeing his chance, the man angled his arm and thrust forward with all his might at his opponent, instinctively lowering his head as he did.

You'd get either a good or the full bonus.

World of difference. A fifth level swordsman is Olympic level. Warrior is close to it. Pretty much, the higher the level, the higher the bonus. You know things and have experience. Once you've  passed a certain point (5, specifically) you get a reroll of any natural 1. Past 7,  you can't be natural 1'd by anyone lower than you in that field.

Call it lolno.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:34:49 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: October 22, 2013, 12:51:45 pm »

Ooh, can't wait.

Hm, I think I can get the descriptive bonuses although it may be crude the first time around until I get the hang of it. I think I got a good idea however, but never know until it comes to it actually being done though.

So from the sounds of it, specific is better but more specific. Seems like the warrior may not be on the swordsman's level of swordsmanship, but at the same time he can pick up other stuff and use it similarly while if the swordsman were to pick up, say a spear, he'd suffer due to his specialization.

Thanks for the answers Ross, greatly appreciated. And makes me wonder if I should go from warrior to Hammerer or something blunt related with Jewel, considering he might not use other weapons due to RP reasons. Then again, being flexible in combat can sometimes trump specialization...

As a random note, seeing all of these non-bludgeoning artifact weapons is just making me more and more thankful for Jewel's virtue.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2339 on: October 22, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »

Also, Is it possible that Tarana and Arana know each other from adventurer training?

Just send wolfchild a pm.

@myral
I don't think a bonus against cutting dmg will help much against enchanted artifacts.  :(

I wonder what Thales would do with that.

It might calm him down a bit.
--Well, after the initial freakout/bloodletting

Well that was a fun update, wrapped up quickly enough- did you guys have to turn in any of those quests?  ;)

Oi, we should agree on the universally-accepted greeting.
Handshake, bow, salute of some kind, a little jig, whistling number, face-touching, etc what should be the common introductory greeting?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:11:33 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 332