Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268107 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2010 on: September 15, 2013, 10:24:05 am »

Heh, yeah I tend to do that with most of my characters. Neutral-ish with leanings in one direction, can turn the other depending on interactions or continue on in the leaned direction depending on other circumstances or even just stay where he's at in some. Feels natural that way.

But either way, it will be interesting to see no doubt, interesting to see how everyone's character eventually turns out. I just wish Remuthra would poke Thales out of his slumber though, I wanna RP more. Or at least regress the scene to before he was awake.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:54 am »

Your wish is my command.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 15, 2013, 10:43:45 am »

There's that righteous, angry angelborn we know! Thank yah Remuthra.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 15, 2013, 10:46:33 am »

No problem, he's my favorite creation so far.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:24 pm »

I think Daethwin's like me if I could do magic, was wittier and better with people, and knew more instruments than 'I sing deep'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 15, 2013, 12:26:29 pm »

I think Daethwin's like me if I could do magic, was wittier and better with people, and knew more instruments than 'I sing deep'.
That's you, you heathen liar :D.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 15, 2013, 12:32:17 pm »

Interesting, I don't really make characters that are similar to me much. I find it more interesting to get really out there, like with Jewel. I won't say that my personality doesn't affect my characters any, I try to not but it happens at times.

To be honest, the most difficult thing about Jewel is that I have to read things twice, once so I can figure out what's going on, and again to see what Jewel knows. That gets kinda tiring after a while, but the novelty is still there at least. Later on once he travels a bit more I'll probably relegate that into 'understands gist of what is said vaguely' unless confusing terms or people are overly flowery in their speech. I'm going to be thankful for this later though since he can hold a conversation to practically anyone thanks to Tradespeak being polyglot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:33:57 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 15, 2013, 12:36:51 pm »

Well, I know I can't do magic, so...

I make different characters for basically every game I play. Rarely do I make characters similar to me, though I've been trying it out recently. Just something I'm trying out. Speaking of something similar, due to the Eye for Emotions, if your guys' characters are lying or feeling something the others wouldn't notice but are near Daeth, could you PM me about it? Just so it keeps everything smooth and such?(Daeth dislikes liars, but if he thinks you're just embarrassed or something, he's not going to spill; plus, it just makes the game more interesting.)

Mostly what I meant by he's like me is that he goes off in tangents about subjects he's interested in, is quite smart but also gets riled up, and isn't generally violent.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 15, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

I've played an Intelligent Evil type. Olaf Shatterstone, Darksoul of Darshendros.

He went around preaching about how evil was just a relative term, and how he stood up for the rights of the individual to choose their fates.  He spoke of the virtues of ambition, determination, passion, valor, resourcefulness, and honor, provided food, healing, and entertainment for his preaching, gave money to the small folk, bribed heavily, and was incredibly helpful to the party with buffs, heals, planning, useful magic (cast Prestidigitation on a stone to make it cool and taste good!), sharing his magical items, and doing whatever was asked of him without (much) complaint.

He was blatantly and obviously evil, naturally. He just believed in pragmatic villainy and the evil virtues. Didn't stop him from requesting the orphans of a city to use as damage sponges, threatening merchants with dragonfire if they didn't give him a discount, blackmailing pretty much everyone with authority in sight, allowing other party members to endanger themselves rather than him if he thought they were better suited for the job than him, and the like.

In Adventure Party terms, he'd be a Priest 5 / Fanatic 5 / Barbarian 1 / Dragonkin Paragon 1.

Also, he had Olaf's Rule For Not Getting Stabbed When You're Out-Armed: Whatever it is you're going to say to the guy who is about to stab you, don't.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:15:53 pm by Ross Vernal »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 15, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »

I make different characters for basically every game I play. Rarely do I make characters similar to me, though I've been trying it out recently. Just something I'm trying out. Speaking of something similar, due to the Eye for Emotions, if your guys' characters are lying or feeling something the others wouldn't notice but are near Daeth, could you PM me about it? Just so it keeps everything smooth and such?(Daeth dislikes liars, but if he thinks you're just embarrassed or something, he's not going to spill; plus, it just makes the game more interesting.)

My question is how much of this is determined by facial features and facial expressions, since Jewel is an oddity there. No pupils, no eyelids, no determinable way to even know what he's looking at really beyond what he's facing, just pure raw glass. If this is a sort of magical thing, it doesn't matter, if it's more based on facial expressions and so such, I'll probably share if he's lying and his general emotions but I'll probably keep the more subtle ones hidden still if that's alright. Eyes tell a lot about what one is thinking, but Jewel's eyes say nothing. His face can write a book though, much like anyone else's face though.

@Ross: See, I like that. Intelligent evil right there. I'm more a fan of subtle intelligent evil, the kind of thing where you never even find out they're evil until much later, but really any kind of evil as long as its intelligent about it is good in my book. I suppose one can play stupid evil good, but it seems to me that kind of thing has to be played for laughs, but maybe that's because I haven't seen anyone do it well. I'm sure there is a way to make a stupid evil kind of character 'good' though, has to be.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:47:25 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 15, 2013, 01:54:25 pm »

My question is how much of this is determined by facial features and facial expressions, since Jewel is an oddity there. No pupils, no eyelids, no determinable way to even know what he's looking at really beyond what he's facing, just pure raw glass. If this is a sort of magical thing, it doesn't matter, if it's more based on facial expressions and so such, I'll probably share if he's lying and his general emotions but I'll probably keep the more subtle ones hidden still if that's alright. Eyes tell a lot about what one is thinking, but Jewel's eyes say nothing. His face can write a book though, much like anyone else's face though.

@Ross: See, I like that. Intelligent evil right there. I'm more a fan of subtle intelligent evil, the kind of thing where you never even find out they're evil until much later, but really any kind of evil as long as its intelligent about it is good in my book. I suppose one can play stupid evil good, but it seems to me that kind of thing has to be played for laughs, but maybe that's because I haven't seen anyone do it well. I'm sure there is a way to make a stupid evil kind of character 'good' though, has to be.
I could definitely think of stupid evil character types, though I agree intelligently played evil is better.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:22 pm »

There is a way, and it's called being Fluce. Friend of the family's character when my parents role-played; elf cyborg. As a magical creature cut off from magic, he went insane. He liked to nuke villages from a couple miles away. Not related to th mission, could have killed them with his bare hands, but he chose to nuke them. The part killed the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at one point, he took the credit, and was knighted in England. Later, when the squire came to him and requested help, this is what he said "Are we alone?" "Well, yeah, you're in an alley so it's not like you're out in the open..." "I squish his head!" Had to the party's champion to fight a demon(and for reference, it was an easy demon for him to defeat at that point) at one time, and absolutely refused, unless he got to use what was basically Mjolnir. When he got in trouble for whatever he did, always went running back to Lokan, the party 'leader' (and a powerful vampire). Granted, the dragon was the only good party member, really, and they ended up taking over a hell dimension(at which point Fluce became a demon because Lokan realized how insane he was, killed him, and revived him as a demon), but still the best example of stupid evil I can think of.

Also, it's based on everything. Facial features, body posture, involuntary movements, twitches, tone of voice, physical reactions. Sure, he'll have a hard time reading you. At first. Then he'll start figuring it out, and you'll be an open stone tablet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 15, 2013, 02:01:14 pm »

The best I can think of is a sort of sociopathic, childish evil. They don't really realize what they do is evil, just that they enjoy it. A sort of disturbing evil, but could be good.

In completely random news, I learned that the stencil that comes with a DS is extendable. My mind was blown.

@Role: I can see that, yeah.

As for the emotion, how about this. I'll tell you if he's lying, and give general emotional things, but I'll keep the subtle stuff to myself for now. After a bit of adventuring together, you'll know even that then as you would of then have gotten used to the way he does things, that sound good? Obviously this is dependent on how much you interact with him though, with more hastening it along and with less slowing it down.

So when should I send that kind of information, whenever Daeth has his attention on Jewel or whenever he's specifically trying to do such?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 15, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »

Just whenever it wouldn't be clear from the posts and such. For example, I can tell Thales is going through RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION right now without a PM from Remuthra. But if he was also about to stab me, I wouldn't know that unless he PMed me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 15, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »

Just whenever it wouldn't be clear from the posts and such. For example, I can tell Thales is going through RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION right now without a PM from Remuthra. But if he was also about to stab me, I wouldn't know that unless he PMed me.
He's been about to stab you for a few posts, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 332