Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268073 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #1980 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:28 am »

I'll point out to everyone what 3 or so choices I think would be best, as well as which levels they are earning. Psst, if you want to keep any levels you got, use them to build specific XP.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:43 am »

Waitwaitwait.
We got Master skill in a specific skill thing for each of us, that I can remember. I got psionics, Neun got swordplay, Tarana got epic mediation or something, etc, etc.
So you're saying that if we use those skills we can keep those levels beyond the duration of the battle, or at least a few levels of those skills?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 15, 2013, 02:47:11 am »

EDIT: Post in order of the four posts after my last one.

Hurrah for taking twenties!

Also I entirely share that notion Xantalos.

I just realized how spread out my levels are, huh. I imagine one cultivates their adventurer class by doing adventurer stuff, which is actually pretty varied really. Seeing new stuff, talking to new people, invading native environments and killing their inhabitants so you can take their stuff.

I think that stuff is going to leave after a bit no matter what, although I imagine it might help pave way to eventually unlocking that skill for real.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 15, 2013, 02:48:58 am »

EDIT: Post in order of the four posts after my last one.

Hurrah for taking twenties!

Also I entirely share that notion Xantalos.

I just realized how spread out my levels are, huh. I imagine one cultivates their adventurer class by doing adventurer stuff, which is actually pretty varied really. Seeing new stuff, talking to new people, invading native environments and killing their inhabitants so you can take their stuff.

I think that stuff is going to leave after a bit no matter what, although I imagine it might help pave way to eventually unlocking that skill for real.
Well I know that. Unless we roll 5 nat 20's in a row for godfavor or some bullshite like that, we're not keeping the levels, but we may be able to get a free level in the class.
Ehehhehehe

EDIT: Good sir Ross: Cake or pie? Nevermind that Gamerlord just realized he had the answer all along.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:56:41 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 15, 2013, 02:55:56 am »

If you use those skills, you are more likely to retain them. If you go flying around and TK hurling people, you might just unlock 1 lb single object telekinesis. If Neun uses dwarven swordfighting, he may remember the Igneous Strike or whatever.

The odds are not in favor of a free level, but it is vaguely possible. Think a minor hobby or a lesser feat.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 15, 2013, 02:58:11 am »

I can only just barely fathom the full depths of shenanigans one can do with a single object one pound telekinesis. The hues are vast, and the jokes are hilarious.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 15, 2013, 02:59:24 am »

If you use those skills, you are more likely to retain them. If you go flying around and TK hurling people, you might just unlock 1 lb single object telekinesis. If Neun uses dwarven swordfighting, he may remember the Igneous Strike or whatever.

The odds are not in favor of a free level, but it is vaguely possible. Think a minor hobby or a lesser feat.
I'm still giggling in glee. I'm going to read the IC thread again to get a picture on just how this whole adventure looks.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:00 am »

Gold marquees with stupid band names, I don't wanna go to Sunset Strip...

Amusingly enough, the first time I saw them live in concept was the Palladium in Hollywood, right on Sunset Strip. Hah.

Only ever been to four concerts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Drinking Tea
« Reply #1988 on: September 15, 2013, 03:10:42 am »

So temporary power-up time, guys! God manifest effects are rolled and they all came out positive. Lucky you, if Darsh had been 2 off everyone would have lost stat points, and if Mingan had been 1 different, everyone would have suffered from a Polymorph.

I'm honestly glad that I don't have to write in the battle pausing for a bunch of roosters crowing at each other and trying to rake each other with sword-attached talons.

Cor - Grant Corpriest Defender of the Faith, +5 to non-Tarana friendlies, and arm all surviving friendlies with a Hammer of Order
Darsh - Grant everyone opposed 5 levels of Anti-Paladin, special feats of Hellfire and Desecrate Ground
Shin - Grant everyone 1 level of Infinite Legionaire and special feat of Magic Resistance
Mingan - d10 levels of d100 class to Party

Myrln - 4 levels of Telekinetic (Flight, Hurl Person)
Neun - 7 levels of Knight (Feint, Ride Mount, Swordsman)
Morgred - 4 levels of Binder (Soul Catch - holds more soul of target dead in place, Enslave Dead - targets killed by undead are automatically raised as undead free of cost)
Tarana - 8 levels of Angelic Warrior (Lesser Smite, Divine Armor, Light Elemental Transformation, Greater Smite)
Zoah - 4 levels of Artifact Guardian (Shin's Tomahawk, Guardian Entity)

Savoki - +2 damage bonus to all, cannot die from blood loss

In this case, possession implies mastery. You suddenly know these things, as though you have always known them. Your mind willingly supplies vivid memories which you know are false, but feel completely true. There is also a feeling of inevitability, as though these gifts are only for a single encounter. Well, except for Zoah.

Also, the city is now VERY different, on fire, and the Flying Fortress of War is on the way to land and make with the killing.
So we got these status effects then.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 15, 2013, 03:14:02 am »

...so I read through the first few pages, and now I wonder why I didn't realize the Alpha Party would fuck up so hard the gods themselves would stop whatever it was they were doing just to see what in all of Mingan's Seven Luminescent Hells was going on.

Yeah, enjoy the temporary levels. HP and MP are adjusted accordingly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 15, 2013, 03:16:22 am »

Oh boy.
Jeez I had no idea what was going on in the opening scene. I don't think I even read the intro.
Or realized who Renn was.
Or where we were.
No wonder Myrln seemed all disjointed. Maybe he was high.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 15, 2013, 03:21:06 am »

I am just assuming everyone stayed up too late celebrating in some manner, and woke up at the asscrack of dawn, hung over and half asleep. Renn himself was more of the "Fuck it, day drunk it is." camp.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 15, 2013, 03:25:11 am »

Such humble beginnings.
And now a few short weeks or so later - if it's even been a week - and we're fighting with gods on our side and against our side.
Normally the fact that we have the gods of death, necromancy, and EVIL on our side kinda while the other side has the god of PALADIN and the secret faction has BLOODGOD would be discouraging, but I'm hopeful.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 15, 2013, 03:31:15 am »

...I'm gonna need to read the IC again it seems. What opening scene were you guys talking about? May be that it's three thirty in the morning here but I honestly can't recall. The one to the catacombs, the city, or the very beginning?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 15, 2013, 03:32:35 am »

The very first scene. First page to where they get on the boat. While I was RPing there I actually had no idea what was happening, which is why Myrln may seem so ... disjointed.

EDIT: Oh wait what I'm talking about is the Duke scene.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:34:44 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 332