Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267955 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Drinking Tea
« Reply #1725 on: August 21, 2013, 12:59:13 pm »

I readily admit to Chrono Trigger being the inspiration for the special attacks.

If I weren't so busy with the games I'd do an LP of Chrono Trigger, or maybe even Big Sky Trooper.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 21, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »

Question; when Morgred and Neun get to higher levels, can they work together to call down some horrific amalgam of undead and evil-Darshendros-monster?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1727 on: August 22, 2013, 05:46:09 am »

Means that Jewel and Rurail have a bonus when working together, and can sorta/kinda explain or give the jist of an idea by a look. It's to show that they've worked together long enough that they know how to work together better.

The combo attack feat would be similar to a, well, combined attack. Maybe it's an optimal back to back fighting, or a stacked assault like said previous with Jewel in the front attacking low while Rurail is in the back attacking high with his pole arm, maybe even that dragoon jump idea given earlier.

Between the two, I think I like the dragoon jump better- more versatile, can be used to get hard-to-reach targets or jump even higher than rurail woulda been able to on his own. Two ways for each of us to influence it too- I could do a runny-stabby move at jewel before you throw me to increase distance, or do a stationary springboard to increase height. Likewise, you could put your weight into the first part of the swing to increase height or the second part to increase distance.
Is also a bit more lighthearted- coulda come up with this just derping around at the academy. Hey, uh, how old is Jewel?

The stabby-smashy-up-down bit we can still do, we just won't have a bonus to it.
Question @Ross How much of a bonus would that be?
Also, how much of a hive-mind is level 1?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:52:13 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 22, 2013, 05:48:25 am »

So I'll be away for ~10 days.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1729 on: August 22, 2013, 05:52:50 am »

Beta party game? Beta party game.

Though I doubt we'll be seeing much anyway- poor ross is overloaded.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 22, 2013, 12:51:53 pm »

Jewel's age? He's not one to necessarily keep count, and that being a touch hard when living with dwarfs underground, he'd wager his physical age is anywhere between twenty to fifty years maybe. It isn't like he can cut off a finger and count the rings yah know, hehe. He doesn't act or think as though fifty or so, so he rather doubts he's that old but just puts the number out there for posterity sake.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 23, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »

Question; when Morgred and Neun get to higher levels, can they work together to call down some horrific amalgam of undead and evil-Darshendros-monster?

Yeah, that's actually part of what you guys are doing. Elemental power + undead + Unholy Word. Eventually you'll be able to cast Summon Dracolich, Invoke Hellsprite, Lamentation of the Damned, etc. Just work together to slingshot up the priest ranks.

The stabby-smashy-up-down bit we can still do, we just won't have a bonus to it.
Question @Ross How much of a bonus would that be?
Also, how much of a hive-mind is level 1?

Reasonable bonus.

+1 worth for hive-mind. Nothing to sneeze at but nothing to write home about, either.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »

General thinking about magic spells and tiers.

Tier 0 spells aren't very effective in the sense of them costing more than others and taking more effort for less gain. Think along the lines of candle flames, 1lb telekinesis, or Cure Lesser Wounds (at best). It's what a small child or untrained power user would do before training or teaching. They're the Least powers, which are below "Lesser" on the scale.

Tier 1 and 2 spells are beginner-level spells. They cover the range from Lesser to Minor Powers, tending towards lesser. They are "autohit" spells because casters at this level tend to need to focus their energy on actually hitting what they aim at. A simple Potion of Death Resistance, an Ice Dart, or a Dispel Lesser Curse would fall under this category.

Tiers 3 and 4 are intermediate spells, or "average" spells. These are Minor to Normal Powers, tending towards normal. At this point, offensive users can choose to trust their own magical aim for more damage or use the controlled spells for a guaranteed hit.  A Potion of Death Immunity, a Potion of Lesser Invulnerability, a Mage Shield, a third-level armor or second-level item/weapon enchantment, Mass Raise Vermin, or a Cure Moderate Wounds would be on this level.

Tier 5 is normal to major spells, or simply put "any spell that is not Tier 4 or a Tier 6." Cure Serious Wounds, a Potion of Invulnerability, Invoke Skeletal Abomination, a seventh-level armor or fourth-level armor/item, a Major Counterspell, or Minor Planar Gate are in this tier.

Tier 6 powers are the low half of Greater Powers. These are things like Mass Raise Dead, Firestorm, Mass Bless, Lesser Quicksand, Baleful Polymorph, Breath of the Grave, Greater Counterspell, Planar Gate, or a ninth-level armor enchant or a fifth-level weapon enchant. Tier 7 powers are the upper half, and would be Mass Raise Hungry Dead, Inferno, Mass Mage Shield, Forced Transformation, Death Fog, Greater Reflect (known as the "Fuck you right back" of the magical world), Invoke Angel / Invoke Demon, and a 11th-level armor enchant / 6th-level weapon enchant.

Tier 8 and Tier 9 are the low and high half of master-level powers. These would be 18th-level armor enchants/10th level weapon enchants, Quicksand, Napalm, Elemental Undead, etc.

Tier 10 and above are Oneness, verging on Wizardry. Think "Mass True Resurrect",  "Invoke Greater Angel/Demon", "Permanent Immunity to X", "Perma-orbit", "Teleport", "Mass Instakill", "Wish", "Dragonfire AoE" etc.

Obviously, costs vary. Morgred and Neun can hit a Tier 10 spell for 30 MP; while if they were to try to make an 11th-level weapon enchantment, it'd drain at least 115 MP.  Unsurprisingly, I advise playing to your strengths and not casting a spell that would straight-up kill you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 23, 2013, 09:08:42 pm »

Hmmm harmmm.

What is Daethwin approximately capable of casting?

Or would you prefer to discuss this in PM format? I know I'd like to be a bit secretive about it. >:D

No, I am not laughing evilly right now. I'm laughing maniacally.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:43 pm »

That's not much better.

Also, more people with secret plans? I really need to do something or else soon I'll be the only one left without any.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 23, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »

Lesser - .25
Minor - .5
Normal - 1
Major - 2
Greater - 3
Mastery - 4
Oneness - 5
Beyond Measure - >7
Initiate Wizard - >15
Wizard - >25
Lesser God - > Graham's number

A seventh-tier power user is between Tier 0 and Tier 1.
A sixth-tier power user is up to Tier 2.
A fifth-tier power user is up to Tier 3.
A fourth-tier power user is up to Tier 4.
A third-tier power user is up to Tier 5.
A second-tier power user is up to Tier 6.
A first-tier power user is at least up to Tier 7.

Since Daeth is a second-tier caster, then that's up to the sixth spell level.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:57:36 pm by Ross Vernal »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:50 pm »

That oughta be fun, then.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 24, 2013, 12:28:04 am »

Wait... so Morgred can bring back the dead for real? Holy shit. Maybe my plans will take less time than I thought...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 24, 2013, 01:33:07 am »

Hahahaha, love that edit, caused me to literally laugh.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 24, 2013, 09:02:18 am »

In theory, yeah. Life magic and death magic operate on similar principles and Morgred is at least a master-level necromancer. Even if Mor hasn't actually done so, the spell theory should be known, whether from personal studies or the Restricted Section of the Castle Archives.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 332