Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268057 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Drinking Tea
« Reply #1665 on: August 15, 2013, 04:43:35 pm »

So I've been thinking, and the ideas I have for party feats are as follows. Assuming you, you know, kill a few more people or otherwise gain XP.

Party:
Groupmind: The Party members have fought and lived together long enough to bond. As such, they have a minor degree of understanding and telepathy, allowing each member a +1 to communicate strategy/timing attacks/etc when working with other Party members. All.

Shared Power: The Party members are able to share mana at a reduced rate; instead of the usual 5-to-1 ratio, theirs is closer to 3-to-1. All.

Napalm - Tier 9 AoE, dealing up to 30 points of Fire damage and 10 points of magic damage - 40 person /400 total, does not target friendlies. 20 MP, 5 of which must come from one person. Myrln/Neun

Quicksand - Tier 9 area debuff/doom. Turns target terrain into quicksand; those caught within the effects have their feet bound in solid, heavy rock. 25 MP, 10 of which must come from one person. Myrln/Neun

Elemental Undead - Tier 8 elemental/necromancy/divine spell. Imbues target undead with fire or earth and an Unholy Word. Earth undead resemble their original species, but look to be made of clay. Fire undead cause additional Fire damage when attacked due to flaming aura. 10 MP to summon, 5 MP to convert existing. Must have at least 1 MP from each person. Neun/Morgred

Dragonfire - Tier 10 area divine/infuse/debuff/necromancy spell. Casts a black fire that burns MP from its victims and aligns the battlefield towards Evil/Darsh correspondingly.  20/200 MP, 30 MP, costs shared. Neun/Morgrod

Hold The Line - Whenever acting in a defensive capability (guarding someone, preventing someone from passing, shieldwall, etc) while with the party, both members gain a reaction bonus to all actions. Tarana/Any

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

Oh, fancy. So I'm curious, are party feats taken on a party level (the party level meaning that after a certain point the entire party gets one of these feats), or a character level(the character level meaning that these feats are to be picked up by individual characters)? You might of answered this before, and if you did I apologize.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:06 pm »

Party level.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1668 on: August 15, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »

That sounds like a mechanic that has a lot of potential. How would new members affect it? (say if Alpha had one or more levels before zoah left, what would happen to those levels and how would the greenhorn be affected?)

Ooh, that sounds like it could be fun, care to share Grizzly?

As in I'm going to come up with some kind of post and see if Ross humors me us with (an) intermission update(s).

hehe, Uk Ranger, if that works I think Shin will be most displeased in his follower.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:11:15 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 15, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »

The rest of the party operates at party level; the individual goes on their party level.

Some of the things can be shown and fudged by teaching, though.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 16, 2013, 01:38:37 pm »

General XP from pulling the god card:
Morgred has gained a level! Tarana has gained a level! Myrln has gained a level! Neun has gained a level!

Specific XP from the victory:
Religious classes are bumped up a few notches. Not enough to level yet, but forcing the gods to manifest instantly raises your religious level from exposure.

The effects of levelling will be felt in the next round of combat.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 16, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »

Okay, I know yer all waiting on me. My actions'll be up tonight; I just need to finish this awesome camp I'm in and get home, etc. my post should be up around 10 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8).
Wait the gods manifested? Oh dear.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1672 on: August 16, 2013, 06:35:00 pm »

Well, morgred did say something...

Question for you guys: so, if the gods you called happen to destroy the city, will you be able to sleep at night?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 16, 2013, 06:43:12 pm »

Question for you guys: so, if the gods you called happen to destroy the city, will you be able to sleep at night?
The city was full of heathens anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 16, 2013, 07:06:19 pm »

Sure. Myrln gives negative poos.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 16, 2013, 08:51:10 pm »

General XP from pulling the god card:
Morgred has gained a level! Tarana has gained a level! Myrln has gained a level! Neun has gained a level!

Specific XP from the victory:
Religious classes are bumped up a few notches. Not enough to level yet, but forcing the gods to manifest instantly raises your religious level from exposure.

The effects of levelling will be felt in the next round of combat.
This makes me curious, gods give exposure huh? Interesting... *Files 'Gods are living entities of radiation from the great calamity' away for later*

More seriously, what happens to people without religious levels?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »

More seriously, what happens to people without religious levels?
Indeed.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

Also, listening to disturbing, macabre music while thinking about gods manifesting and changing people due to exposure makes it really, really hard not to think of them as lovecraftian angelic/unholy/cthulian monstrosities in their true form. I think I'll just headcanon this because it's too awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:35 am »

Morgred will raise all the casualties into an undead army.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28:08 am »

They'd feel something depending on the god in question and their alignment.

You can think of a bounty system where the worst enemies of the cult are listed. You don't have to have anything religious to get some bad karma from one god being near you that another god doesn't like.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 332