Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268351 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Questioning The DM
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

Yes, they are. Less "Cheerful little Tinkerbelle" and more "The Joker with reality warping powers."

Ross is Unseelie. Unseelie is basically "Almost always Chaotic Evil" (he's True Neutral in the same sense a hurricane is True Neutral) while Seelie is "Almost always vaguely good-ish." For the most part, the idea of "empathy" as a "concept" is about as understandable to him as "blue" as a "number" is to you.

He's also the nicest, kindest, biggest bleeding-heart Unseelie, which should tell you two things:

1) He's a dick
2) There is even more reason to be scared of him.

Unseelie is Spring and Winter Courts, Seelie is Summer and Autumn Courts. He's not the "Prince of Spring", he is the King of Spring, and controls the Wild Hunt.

Also, if you ever happen to go across the continent, there is a good chance you'll meet him. He's the ruler of a small nation there. In fact, a Beta Party member is from his nation, so he's probably vaguely related in some manner. It's sort of their hat to claim relation to one Sidhe or another.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »

Ah, thought for some reason they called their Seasonal Rulers "Prince" instead of king and so such, and that there are only two courts, I admit I'm not exactly well versed on Fae beyond "they're terrifying if done right." Like spider-animated rotting cadavers and so such.

I'm curious as to who's from his nation. ...Castle?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

If I end up with a character death, my next character will either be focused around soaking up massive amounts of damage, or around one of my other ideas for gimmick spellcasters.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2013, 08:26:33 pm »

The way I am running it, there's a court for each season. The Seelie and Unseelie each have Nine Great Houses within. Think Dune-style for that, only even more political.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 10, 2013, 08:27:49 pm »

How does the universe recognize reality from fabrication?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 10, 2013, 08:28:56 pm »

I see, interesting.

@Remuthra: You mean like, illusions?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:40 pm »

Among other things. I'm entertaining an idea now that it might be possible to alter reality by making an alternate universe and then essentially hacking the universe's copy protection.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »

The Gods and the Sidhe are responsible for that.

Most of the Sidhe, Seelie and Unseelie, never emerge into the Universe. They sit there at the very edge of reality, waging eternal war against the Outsiders. They, of course, have a representative among the Gods in the form of Daimonas.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:51 pm »

Ah, I think I get what you're getting at. So you wonder if it's possible to make fakes real, shadows solid and so such in purple prose, I think if I'm understanding. What, thinking of possibly copying a deities powers and seeing if you can bring it into the real universe?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »

Possibly. This is rules lawyering at its finest.

What is the average Sidhe's ability to pierce illusions? What about the average God's?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 10, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »

Average Sidhe = Exceptional ability.

Average God = What illusion? Oh, you mean that layer of paint put over what Is? Hahahahahaa, it's cute when mortals think they understand things, with their limited senses.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:44:52 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

If one were the Avatar of a God, would they share a deity's senses?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 10, 2013, 08:50:01 pm »

Not sure what you're cooking up Remuthra, but I'm sure you're doing a true adventurer's work. Best of luck with whatever you're thinking of, tell me if I can help out somehow.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 10, 2013, 08:51:48 pm »

The God senses and knows everything the avatar senses and knows, and vice versa.

For all intents and purposes, the Defender of the Faith is a half-god. They are manifestations of a God's will and existence, as much as can possibly be contained in non-Divine vessels. Mortality and immortality doesn't matter. Jellyfish are immortal (in the sense of "can live forever")  and it doesn't make them divine or more suitable vessels for Divine power.

In other words, a Human is more or less as suited for Defendership as a Sidhe, an Elf, a Dwarf, a Naiad, or whatever. Sentience and sapience is (usually) required, although don't put it past Mingan to pick, say, a tree or a lobster (Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?)to be his Defender for his own amusement.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 10, 2013, 08:53:22 pm »

I think I may have a way to actually bend reality with a lot of work. However, doing so would probably require a different character. Is it worth making a new one?

Are there any gods with Truth as a domain?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 332