Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268056 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: Beta Party has 2 slots open!
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2013, 06:41:03 pm »

It'd be important to note my weapons I suppose. :P.

I'm looking forward to Nathan meeting a rockman and a fishman... me oh my, is the negative trait 'stereotypist' going to make things difficult to begin with XD.
Rhythm doesn't mean having to ryhme, by the by, juuuuust incase you thought that. Probably my wrong impression of what I read thar. :3

Nathan would probably have SOME knowledge in... well... I imagine whatever counts as wood elf if such a thing exists, and their language. Not much. Like the ability to say simple sentences. Less so whatever Angelborn speak, but he'd recognise the language if spoken.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2013, 06:52:38 pm »

Ah, the equipment is more of a request- trying to think of how to get a fisherman miner led to imagining how that would even work. I didn't want to put the idea to waste, (even though he's not really a miner- I have an excuse but don't want to spoil his history just yet), so included it and thought up an excuse for having it.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »

Well, it piqued my interest, so I have now equipment and I added another weakness I meant to have put in earlier, but didn't know how to word it. I like to balance out my positives with negatives. :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:32 pm »

Spoiler: Joe has arrived! (click to show/hide)
I believe you called for a character? I'm not quite done, but I'm on it.

EDIT: Now done.
UNEDITEDIT: Jacked up stats because I've already got elemental strike teams on me anyway.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:25:40 am by Remuthra »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »

I can see this going interestingly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

*sees the name Joe Bridger*
Oh lawdy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2013, 08:47:14 pm »

*sees the name Joe Bridger*
Oh lawdy.
No worries, I make special serious Bridgers when I feel the game tone is too serious to be running about talking to myself and wearing clothes that haven't been invented yet.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

I assume from virtues/levels/feats/hobbies that you automatically have anything relevant to your possession. You can include minor magic items and some good stuff, but no Masterful Diamond Katanas +5.

I will track some things (gold, plot items, major items, etc) but I am working on a basis of mutual trust.

Also, wow, those are hiiiigh stats. Can you keep it in the 20's, please? Else I'll have to unleash some mighty opponents indeed, and they would not play nice with others. >_>

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2013, 09:00:11 pm »

Alright, I'll set them back down. I figured since I already said my character was going to be attacked by powerful elementals, it would be better if they actually were powerful elementals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2013, 09:03:18 pm »

All I can say is I'd suggest hiding the 'forcing elementals to do stuff' from the elemental in the party. Might not go well, maybe. Haven't thought much about his stance on other elementals beyond "they're of similar race."

Items for Jewel is nothing more than fancy adorned armor, a weapon I've yet to decided but probably a bludgeoning one of some kind, and stuff to indulge in his hobbies. Well, along with stuff he needs to survive too, like rations and stone rations, but I assume that inferred.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2013, 09:30:07 pm »

Yep, I did not check who else was joining me. Interesting party dynamics ho!

I guess I could use some sort of elemental control spell.

My preferred list of items are my walking stick, enchanted with the power to shield me from a single attack per day; a selection of flasks and pouches; a collection of magical reagents; a book for storing my spells; two iron totems for elemental storing; a plain dirk; and a magical amulet that helps me channel my magic.

Also, an explanation of my thoughts on Elementurgy. Elementurgy is focused around bending planar beings to one's will. The only actual magic cast is used to summon and manipulate elementals. Through this, the adventurer can not only summon an elemental to fight as a minion, but also to summon an elemental force to perform a task. Thus, the hero can also summon an elemental to do something such as opening a lock or calling up a sandstorm. The difference from other magics is that an elementalist can only maintain a certain number of servants at once. Thus, if an elementurge calls up the sandstorm, he cannot summon as many elementals while the sandstorm is raging. A summoned elemental is dismissed from this plane once its task is complete, or it can be dispelled by a word from the caster. Other elementals must be dispelled by a much longer spell. More powerful elementals can perform tasks better, but require better skill checks to summon and enslave. Is this a satisfactory model?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:28:18 am by Remuthra »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »

Hm, does make me wonder though. If elementals are to come from a different plane, how that interacts with Jewel. I was assuming that since they were a racial selection, they were simply another race that inhabited the world. Hm... Gotta think up of how Jewel wound up amongst dwarves. Who are also elementals, technically, I suppose.

Or is there two types of elementals, ones from a different plane who are more forces of nature and ones who inhabit the actual world, more individualistic than their more primal counterparts? That could be interesting.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »

I assumed the planar setup was like D&D, and elementals on the earth came from the planes and migrated there.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:24 pm »

Perhaps, I'm not really that sure. I know that dwarves and dyrads are confirmed for being elementals, goblins fey, and I can't really garner much else of a guess beyond what I hazard at what else there is. So far there's only been sapient undead seen, for instance, although their morality is at question but most don't seem to bother with them. That and angels aren't good and demons aren't evil, rather just representing either major or minor aspects of a deity respectively, to catch you up a bit.

Planar wise, beats me, never thought to ask of such. I think they were hinted at when Ross mentioned death.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

I just realized Chink has a completely different class he already called the Elementalist. I'll rename my school of magic to Elementurgy.
As far as Jewel goes though, I can see two solutions here. Is Jewel a member who follows the laws of her race or that would be propelled by my atrocities into being affected by murderous blood rage? If not, we may be able to RP it out. Otherwise, I could try to cast a spell on her that meddles with her mind so she ignores it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:51:20 pm by Remuthra »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 332