Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267974 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: To Beta Party or not to Beta Party?
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:05 am »

Remember that thing I PMed you about? I'll probably do that.

Please do. xD

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:57 am »

Zoah is PISSED now.

8)

This cannot end well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:09 am »

Coulld you in my stead? Posting on kindle and havee to sleep.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2013, 01:43:45 am »

Okay. Just this once. xD

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2013, 01:45:50 am »

Okay. Just this once. xD
thanks. kindleposting sucks.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2013, 01:51:02 am »

thanks. kindleposting sucks.

Post is made. Pardon any out-of-characterness.

And yeah, I get that. Lover Girl has a Kindle and it's a PITA for her to post with it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2013, 01:55:29 am »

It's good.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2013, 01:59:09 am »

Good!

I'll still be online for at least an hour or so, but y'all should not expect to see me making a post for at least 15 minutes.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2013, 02:56:13 am »

The timeskip will happen sometime tomorrow. Probably later in the day, since weekly grocery shopping and an oil change.

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2013, 04:37:26 am »

Sheet will be up tonight or tomorrow, depending on how I go with homework.
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2013, 05:19:38 am »

Happy with the time skip going ahead then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2013, 12:04:46 pm »

Happy with the time skip going ahead then.
Just need to get you on the boat.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »

I don't think it's an overwhelming act of DM-fiat to say he got on the boat.

Also:

Gamerlord, if you beat an 8, then you get the captain's hat. Which is to say, you're probably getting it xD

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »

In response to title: Considering that I'd be in said Beta Party, I'm all for it! Non-jokingly though, only go for it if you think you can handle it. I understand it can be rough on a GM handling two parties at once.

On another note: I need to add in another level it seems. Considering adding another to one of the three, or a fourth one...

On a final note: I really need to read all of this thread and the IC thread.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

[BETA GROUP]
Sorry it took so long. Hope everything's fine. I think I ended up trying to achieve too much in the virtues and flaws... too used to bios XD.

Name: Nathan Cadfael
Race: Human with hints of Elf and Angelborn.
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 90kg
Appearance: Nathan has messy brown hair and standard build, reasonably fit. He has copper made goggles, along with leather clothing for armour. He tends to not stand out particularly, but to those that look closely, his ears are slightly pointed and his eyes can almost glow, highlighting his elvish and angelic ancestry.
Strength 14 Stamina 12 Agility 8 Speed 12 Endurance 16 Willpower 14 Intelligence 16 Perception 18
HP: 10+16+6 = 32
MP: 5+15+1 = 21
Level: Adventurer 1 Gunmage 1 Scholar 1 Strategist 1
Virtues:
Protective Compulsion (Critical): When Nathan sees someone in danger, he feels compelled to protect them, whether at range or if need be, put himself into danger. Whilst this can be dangerous, if not lethal, his battlesenses are heightened a fair bit when defending a comrade, and even more against those who cannot defend themselves. Stats boosted: Strength, Stamina, Agility, Speed, Perception. When defending comrades in trouble, these stats get a +2. When defending someone (seemingly) defenceless, comrades included, they are boosts +3.
Die Hard (Major): Nathan's will to keep going is strong enough that injuries that would down a man, Nathan overcomes and rises to stand up against the aggressor still. Injuries that would outright kill Nathan has a knack to live just a little longer... obviously not instant killing things tho, like... loss of head. He is resistant to pain and spells that affect the soul. He ignores the 'knocked out' phase, and instead has half his stats until -5 hp. He also has an additional 5 mp of soul burn until soul broken (-15mp to soul break).
Good Friend (Major): Nathan inspires loyalty and goodness in those that call him friend. He can mitigate other character's flaws (psycological ones) if they can see him. Strong friends can do this if they remember him at key moments. Those that meet him with a positive first impression tend to help out Nathan more than they usually would others.
Flaws:
Protective Compulsion (Critical): Nathan prioritises keeping people alive beyond his own life or even beyond the mission objective if the objective is more driven by greed than to help people. If a near harmless creature looks ready and able to kill someone whilst Nathan is being charged by a demon that will kill him and will be a danger, Nathan would shoot the lesser creature every time and suffer the consequences. Nathan cannot leave someone behind.
Stereotypist (Major): Nathan has his own views of morals and races, and often they're not all agreeable. He tries his best to re-adjust and always takes people by their individuality, but to begin with, Nathan will form prejudiced opinions that could damage relations early. Nathan does keep his mouth shut for the most part, but if prodded, can go on a tirade, though not backed with force. He often feels terrible, and can get down, if he hurts someone from his comments. Despite that, he is also a very good judge of character.
Values Life (Minor): Nathan detests killing, and prefers to find a way to not kill someone. Whilst he won't impede a mission or quest, he may end up hesitating in finishing someone off, and particularly will not kill someone defenceless or defeated unless it is obvious they have no hope in changing, or will kill innocents if left alive.
Female Weakness (Minor): Nathan is a little suspect to the innocent girl act, particularly if one gives attention to him. He can often stutter in a high class situation, or hesitate even more in killing one that's turned out to be bad. He could even outright turn to defend her against the group (verbally/meatshieldy) if the situation is correct. This is countered by length of time spent with the person, as he gets to understand them better, for better or for worse.
Hobbies: Major: Repairing guns and making the ammunition and grenades from components. Never officially taught, but always liked doing it.
Minor: Medical appliance. Whilst unable to know anything beyond a deep cut, can provide pain relief and first aid when provided with the materials. Used to always look after kids who had gotten injured.
Feats: Sounds of War: Nathan is a particularly good shot when it matters most. He also has an odd ability that, when needed, can make his gun shot sound alot louder than normal, enough to deafen those around him temporarily, accompanied by a very large flash. It's not entirely clear how this happens, but it's theorised his Angel/Elf ancestry has made him more magically in tune. This works with any gunpowder device.
Magic Heal: Nathan has the ability to speed up the healing process to near instantaneous on touch. However, it is speeding up the current healing process. If a bone is misaligned, Nathan would heal the bone in the place is currently is. Non-herbalised wounds may infect quickly and get worse. So, this only really works when the bandages and the usual medical practices have been applied. This takes as much mana as needed for the particular injury, and takes twice as long to regenerate it. His soul becomes as susceptible as anyone else's until the mana lost from healing returns. He also loses his Sound of War feat for 1 day. This ability's limits have not been fully explored. He keeps this ability hidden for the most part.
Gods:
Zakai: Loyalty/Mercy
Vijer: Protection/Peace
Timeus: Victory/Fear/Honour

Equipment: Rifle; a good quality (for its time) rifle that's normally slung on his back. Ammunition pouches hold 20 rounds, or so.
2 Flintlock Pistols; A standard flintlock pistol that is normally there simply to get an extra shot when out of time to reload his rifle. Uses the 20 rounds from the ammunition pouches.
Falcion; Though nothing special in melee, the sword is a standard single hander to help when in melee. Cannot stab but has a more powerful swing for its size.
2 Grenades; fuse lit grenades. Lovely stuff, but a little unreliable.
Medkit; a pouch containing brandy, bandages and medicinal herbs as a kind of first aid kit.
(is there talk of having two groups? As awesome as that sounds, I do fear for a GM burnout. Too many RP's that have died on me, I'd like this to live :P)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:38:51 pm by Maxinum McDreich »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 332