Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268185 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #855 on: June 22, 2013, 10:41:06 pm »

Well, that's a problem in a universe where pretty much everyone has some kind of magic.
I don't think Jewel has any, actually. Unless you'd count his body and hair.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #856 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:56 pm »

Looking at the list of most expensive colleges & off the top of my head, the enrollment/employment ranges between John Hopkin's University's 7k students & 16.5k Admin staff (research university), to New York University's  38k students & 22k staff. Those numbers seem a bit high.

-Sarah Lawrence college, some kinda liberal arts school, is the most expensive college in the country and has something like 1700 students.

Staff includes admin/medical staff. Teaching staff tends towards a few thousand in the bigger schools, (6k for NYU, 1.5k JHU). I suspect SLC has a high ratio, likely in the hundreds.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:48:03 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 22, 2013, 10:47:26 pm »

I'll approximate and say that for all of the campuses around the world, there's somewhere between 500 and 1200 students per two-year class.

A lot of them go on to die, of course.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #858 on: June 22, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »

Hrm, so it's like SLC. So that makes 2 Concurrent classes at a time yes? How many campuses are there, (or rather, how many are in our campus)? How many instructors are hanging around/doing guildie work?

Also, be sure to alert me to how many hours have passed when we're traveling & the like. For calcumalations.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 22, 2013, 10:53:45 pm »

Ah, you keeping track of when you need to get your character soaked? Was wondering what those numbers meant.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 22, 2013, 10:54:37 pm »

I think the closest verbal equivalent to legible would be either clear or fluid.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »

I'd say there's a very good student-teacher ratio. Most masters and Masters feel a need to pay the Guild back and/or pass on their knowledge. Or, failing that, go "Wait, I can get paid to do what I want without being at risk of dying? Mostly? SIGN ME UP PLEASE KAY THANKS."

If we were to include masters and Masters who have small local guilds, the number of Adventurers rises considerably. It's one of the kind of jobs that peasants and such have heroic fantasies about.

Understandable, clear, makes sense, etc. Like I said, Renn isn't muchcha one for them thar bookie edjumucations; he can barely read and write. Well, he can read, slowly, but his writing is your doctor's handwriting after a few shots of Everclear.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #862 on: June 22, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »

BLARGH, I SEEM TO BE MISSING THE 'NEW MESSAGE' ALERT. EXCUSE EXCUSE.
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 22, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »

...Ohhh, you sneaky dog, I see what that counter is for now. Its a words counter before he goes mute.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #864 on: June 22, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

Hehe, you're getting warmer. I'm waiting to make another post, in case you didn't catch the last edit I made.
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 22, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »

Nah, I saw it, edited the post to fit your edit as well.

I'll figure out what that counter is for eventually.

EDIT: Hm... Ah, counting syllables instead of words. Knew I was on the right track there at least. So what happens after the thousand is reached though? Complete mute, or just a lot of trouble speaking?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:23:21 pm by Xanmyral »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #866 on: June 22, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »

Well if I ever get there you might just find out, won't you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 22, 2013, 11:53:34 pm »

So that makes 2 Concurrent classes at a time yes? How many campuses are there, (or rather, how many are in our campus)? How many instructors are hanging around/doing guildie work?

Also, be sure to alert me to how many hours have passed when we're traveling & the like. For calcumalations.

Firstyears and secondyears, yeah. It's technically three terms a year, but firstyears are, y'know, just learning and are gently but politely teased. Called firsties, fish (because of how they flop around like fishes in sword training, you know) and the like.

Like 5 main campuses around the world. At least 12 just teaching in general, and a few more who are there for research, advanced classes, library work (Master Bael, a Demonborn of Arnum with zero adventuring levels is a notable example), or waiting around for parties to join.

Like, 24 hours, give or take. I have to do wind condition rolls. :)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #868 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

Nono, I mean when everything's said & done, let me know how many hours have passed/what time it is please.
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 23, 2013, 12:07:05 am »

You mean the exchange going on now to getting to the destination?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 332