Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268123 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2013, 02:32:11 pm »

Methinks Renn will have just gained a new fan in Nathan. :)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »

I'm sure it could go a lot worse, but Renn has ridiculous bonuses from his feats, levels, and virtues. Good stats isn't always a match against decades of experience.

A fun bit of backstory: Renn is secretly a member of a secret cult within the Knights of Shadow whose entire goal is "End slavery and punish the slavers." He's managed to pull off at least three mass escapes/riots/rebellions in the biggest evil country around that has Daimonas as its patron deity. The reason why he is an adventurer (and also why he's so ugly) is because during one of those giant clusterfucks, him and a group of slaves slaughtered a Great Family and stole their entire vault. He paid for schooling, a couple of nice guns, and his Mastership, then gave all the rest away to the ex-slaves because he had no use for it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 22, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

I imagine Renn and Joe wouldn't of gotten along well then, considering, but hah not sure if Thales and Renn are getting along well either.

Either way, golems ahead, supposedly like Jewel. I ponder how like him however, and if they would have similar damage reduction as he has. Taking down the elves and scorpions shouldn't be too hard though, as long as magic or blunt weapons isn't brought into the equation. Pft, giant scorpion poison, nothing. Probably.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 22, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

I figure the difference is that the golems aren't actually alive in the having a soul sense, they're simply animated.

...I just had an image of Keebler elves riding RL giant scorpions, and it's downright hilarious.

Also, he'd probably give him a stern talking-to about the morals of magically-binding contracts and proper ways to have summons/whatevers respond to will. As in, servants versus slaves. And then if he didn't, then the lecture-in-the-form-of-gunfire would occur. Safer to assume he never realized it was wrong than to go DEATH TO ALL WHO USE OTHERS FOR LABOR. There's a difference between "guy who puts his will on others" and "entire society based around owning other people."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 22, 2013, 03:32:14 pm »

So they're similar in make to Jewel? Curious really, depending on how similar they are it may spark some doubt or something similar as to what exactly he is upon seeing them. Haven't actually decided whether or not that would be something he's self-conscious about yet

Speaking of Jewel, I got no idea if he, a 5'1 human proportioned being made mostly of stone with 18 strength, could push those two apart honestly. He'd certainly try none-the-less though.

Would all depend on if he found out about it though I suppose, don't think Joe would of shouted it to everyone he met I bet. Probably wouldn't of been much to fret, but interesting to think about. Wonder when the undead and fish kin are going to show.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 22, 2013, 03:38:37 pm »

Well, more "clay" than "rock", but yes.

I'd think so, yes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 22, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

Woah damn. That was even faster than Morgred and ... angel. Yes, I forgot Xero's character's name.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 22, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »

Amiable at first, but seems this party has some buttons you don't want to push. Curious as to what will happen next though, will they be dissuaded by an angry Jewel, or will they continue?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 22, 2013, 04:03:43 pm »

Renn doesn't really care about fighting, just about proving to the Angelborn that he is not to be fucked with.

So breaking it up will be fine. He may even cast Absolve Suffering on the angelborn if an apology is given. Which is to say, he won't be casting Absolve Suffering.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 22, 2013, 04:14:11 pm »

Jewel has a flask of his Moss Pain Reliever on him, probably won't take much of the bite out of it but might help the Angelborn. 'Course, then he'd have to harvest his hair to make another flask and wait a week to get a new one... He doesn't stock up much on it.

On that note, how long is the time skip?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 22, 2013, 04:17:49 pm »

It wouldn't work. AC prevents all healing, it's a serious debuff.

One day exactly. Afk, second day of work training.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 22, 2013, 04:20:10 pm »

Dang, so much for that. Wait, Jewel's MPR heals? That's good to know, to be honest I don't really know what it does beyond what I vaguely wrote 'dulls some pain.'

Best of luck with the work training.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 22, 2013, 04:52:33 pm »

I would stop now, but until I punish Renn or get knocked out I'm not allowed to. Sorry about that :P.

The whole Bree thing won't matter that much, as well. When Thales says he wants to know the truth, he means all of it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:56:06 pm by Remuthra »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 22, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »

so, uhhh... who's next on the waitlist. You may find a slot open up shortly :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 22, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

This is getting interesting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 332