Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268282 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Questioning The DM
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:19 pm »

I think I may have a way to actually bend reality with a lot of work. However, doing so would probably require a different character. Is it worth making a new one?

Are there any gods with Truth as a domain?
Yep, Arnum.

EDIT: ...Seems there's another. Minkah as well, its his primary domain compared to Arnum's secondary.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

Alright, I might do this rather than the slaveomancer. Could I get a bio on Arnum?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »

Arnum is allied with Malu for his practical applications of Arnum's domains, and respects Yupoli's followers. Arnum's followers can usually be seen helping Camille's followers when the opportunity arises, although his primary ally is Radan, as he believes the family is the first place of learning for all beings. He is largely neutral towards the majority of the gods, encouraging his followers to learn that which can be taught by all save for Ingram and Aphilam - a forthright god, Arnum hates Ingram for his trickery (and his follower's penchant for stealing items before they can be properly studied and learned from.) He views Tokee as overly frivolus and not a worthy student, although his followers will grudgingly accept Tokee's followers as students. He's not overly fond of Mingan, but he doesn't particularly dislike the Chaos god, as it is Mingan who is responsible for the creation of "chaos magic" and "blood magic", and both have a certain fascination with the mechanics of the universe. They have somewhat of a friendly rivalry, although neither phrase is entirely accurate.

Arnum is True Neutral, leaning towards Neutral Good. He's a thinker and a doer. Arnum expects his followers to be a combination between scientists and philosophers, preferring to use words and logic to resolve disputes. He takes delight in understanding and exploring the laws of reality.

Arnum's virtues include: Intelligence, wisdom, integrity, honesty, creativity, curiosity, and the pursuit of knowledge.

Arnum's sins include: Stupidity (in the sense of 'deliberate ignorance and a lack of willingness to rectifiy it', not 'being slow to process thoughts'), dishonesty, theft, sloth, violence, greed, and fear of the unknown.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2013, 09:04:47 pm »

Final question: What does intelligence do, and what does willpower do?
EDIT: Could I just get explanations of all the stats?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:58:08 pm by Remuthra »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2013, 09:13:13 pm »

Alright, I might do this rather than the slaveomancer. Could I get a bio on Arnum?
Aw, no fun back and forth between Jewel and Joe? Ah well, interested in seeing what you're cooking up.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:20 pm »

Aw, no fun back and forth between Jewel and Joe? Ah well, interested in seeing what you're cooking up.
Unforrtunately not. This one has a better personality, though, and is sure to be at least as good for back-and-forth.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:27 pm »

Looking forward to the new member of Beta then, seems like you got an interesting plan going on.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:34 pm »

See "HP/MP" in the Masterpost.

Aside from that, I use to to check if your character can understand things, how much pain they can withstand, etc etc.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #578 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:46 am »

Hey Gamerlord, I think the priests of blood/chaos are the analogues for Mingan. They're in the Shin temple.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 11, 2013, 03:15:17 am »

I don't think so.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2013, 03:36:22 am »

It's 2 of his 3 primaries, covers 70% of his religion. If you were looking for a necro priest, they're probably the ones to ask.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 11, 2013, 03:42:39 am »

Hey Gamerlord, I think the priests of blood/chaos are the analogues for Mingan. They're in the Shin temple.

Yes, exactly. It's primarily a Decaric templefortress, but Shin's brother Mingan and Shin's wife Liagora have sections within. The temple is marked with Mingan's Blood and Chaos symbols; I just didn't specifically state Mingan's name for some reason.

Out of respect for the brothers in faith, the Necromantic priests are located elsewhere in the town. You'd have to inquire within to find them, however.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:44:11 am by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2013, 12:15:43 pm »

My original idea I actually discarded, and I came up with this one in the process. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Thales Aranis, Avenger of Arnum!
Every party needs a paladin, right?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:25:32 pm by Remuthra »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »

Just know that high stats = difficult opponents.

http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/

You have been warned.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2013, 01:19:00 pm »

That's why I put in that critical virtue to stop myself from getting everyone killed.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 332