Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267916 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Updates
« Reply #4920 on: February 17, 2015, 07:15:23 pm »

I've gained an intuitive understanding of the English language by reading enough that it starts to come naturally :P.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: February 17, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »

I've read a lot as well, but that doesn't make it any easier for me I'm afraid.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: February 17, 2015, 07:49:26 pm »

Anyway, I aim to do a bit of character work, then do the upcoming fights. I can at least start this week. :D

(if you have anything you would ask any of the characters, lemme know.)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:35 pm »

Oh, right, belated note: I like the reference to Jewel. Heh, I can see him writing a book of poems and hymns to the Mountain Mother. Heck, he might of already. Although without any real training I doubt he's that great.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »

I would enjoy throwing a few references around here and there. I already established that the timeline has officially been altered by this point (and also a few years down the line, because wibbly wobbly.)

I did at least specify other Winter wizards, and humans. :p

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4925 on: February 18, 2015, 02:37:11 am »

He had no right to call me his child. Renn did, Mingan didn't. I would take "child" over "pawn" any day. The former was just slightly less accurate and added to my reputation, while the latter was, unfortunately for me, the truth. Or perhaps fortunately - it was rather hard to tell, following a god like Mingan.
Given the context clues, I think child & pawn are reversed.

(significant others)
Ah ok, I'm just being racist against fae.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: February 18, 2015, 02:22:34 pm »

"I don't like that an Elder God calls me his child, but it is more advantageous to my reputation for people to belive it to be possible, and I'd rather not get smote by saying otherwise"   was what I was trying to convey.

Ross is more important in Book 2. They were just in 1 to show what happened.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4927 on: February 18, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

Ah ok. Here's my thinking:
-Prior sentences imply a displeasure at Mingan calling him his child.
-He's a demigod & has Mingan's blood in his veins, so perhaps 'child' is technically true.
-He's a proud soldier, so perhaps he'd prefer being referred to as a pawn, like a tool or instrument, than as a child- child might be more demeaning to him

So, Mingan has no right to call me his child. Renn did, Mingan didn't, so Zane would believe the acting/adoptive parent has more rights to the kid than the biological one.
(I would take "pawn" over "child" any day) -reversed
The former was slightly less accurate & added to my reputation, (he's technically his child, but if the acting parent has more responsibility & rights to the child, then being the god's child would hold less weight in Zane's eyes than actually being his tool, part of the god's deliberate will)
while the latter was, unfortunately for me, the truth. (He kinda resents Mingan & doesn't like being his child (and who could blame him, after his real family was slaughtered), which he views as an unfortunate (or perhaps fortunate..) technicality for him)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:48:20 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: February 18, 2015, 03:09:32 pm »

Definitely appreciate this, for multiple reasons. Gonna have to add a few "character interview"  questions on those lines.

Zane would say that words carry meaning but actions show meaning. He would say that rules and laws are subjective - Mingan lacks the moral right, but since he has the "might makes" Zane is not inclined to complain out loud. To him, it's the way it is, and despite his personal feelings about the situation, there are no actions he could take without negative consequences. Since people show more respect and fear vwhen they associate him with a God, he figures that he might as well use it to his advantage.

Guiding principles of being a Chaos priest. Obey what helps, disobey what doesn't.

He would resent being called a tool, although he wouldn't debate it that hard. Tools have no choice, no will, and are basically slaves. His perspective is "I always have the choice to die; therefore, I have a choice. I have a choice as to how I feel about the servitude I chose, therefore I have free will." Freedom is important.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4929 on: February 27, 2015, 07:55:38 pm »

Bump.
Just got off a shift, still all busy with school n stuff. Procrastinating about making the second trifold of the week, presenting it on tuesday I believe.
How's it going with you lot?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: February 27, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »

Had an accident involving a buck knife and a lack of common sense, which cut a sizable part of my middle finger almost clean off.
Black lives matter.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4931 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:28 pm »

o.o
Which hand?
Badges of honor

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

Right.
Now half of that hand is wrapped in gauze to keep this protective splint thing on.

...also I meant more like a big part of the tip. Of my finger.
Black lives matter.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: February 27, 2015, 09:01:59 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being bad, how did the blood taste?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:11 pm »

There's still some on my hand, actually.

5 / 10
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 332