Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267977 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Updates
« Reply #4875 on: January 29, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »

It does fit the goal, in a way. Gods have the three major and three shared domains, for one. Were your character to find, brave, and survive the first few steps of Godhood, the current portfolio would be something like:

Daethwin (Music, B, C) (Magic, Secrets, Z) which does leave a Shared domain and two Primary.

I try to pay attention to character goals. The paths head in that general direction, although some are more direct.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: January 29, 2015, 01:40:12 pm »

I implied this earlier, but I will be clear. More paths will open, and there will be more options.

Say you take this Sailor option. End of Act 2 will have paths from that - say, Navigator, Marine, and Priest of Pellegrin. Or maybe you go with the Wandering Bard option, and get Spy, Acrobat, or Thug. Seer can lead to Dreamer, to Virtuoso, or quite possibly Witchcraft.

Myr as a Winter Knight could proceed on to Wild Hunter, to a Nuke Mage, or even a Warlord. As a Torturer, he could level in Dreamer, Leech, or Illusionist.

Mor has a few options -  Plant Mage can lead to Blood Mage, Uayli Plague Priest, and also Black Witch. Continuing with the Blood Domain could lead to Free Mage, Paragon Vampire, so on down the line.

Everything builds on itself.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: January 29, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

Even though I'm going the scroll path, what would Jewel's paths be? Would the scroll have a split path too, perhaps concerning what he focuses on? To be honest I'm not even sure what the scroll would give.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: January 29, 2015, 04:44:10 pm »

((Um, could you not bother to build these kinds of decision trees for Lelia? I already have stuff in mind for her and would prefer to just PM it to you and you could then assign it names / stat values as needed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: January 29, 2015, 05:38:24 pm »

I am floating ideas kinda based on other PM's that people have sent, so you can totally do that and I will work with you to develop some. If not, then you can totally gain two levels of whatever you like at the end of Act 1.

Without going into spoilery detail, each Scroll is a sundered part of the universe as a whole. When attuned and properly levelled, a wielder can match or exceed the Gods. It's not just "here's really ancient bits of cool magic" or "Here is a Tolkienesqe description of a single type of rock xINFINITY", it's basically the Rosetta Stone, the Library of Alexandria, and everything Tesla lost, all combined. I'll let you work with that, I really can't say much more without spoilering some MYSTERY FUTURE STUFF. (Try again later IC as a Seer, or maybe OOC after some more stuff gets leaked.)

I would say that for the scroll itself, it can go either of three ways. Inward application so Jewel can level towards the Elemental idea you were thinking about, external application (stonesmithing, elementalism, etc) or Philosophical/Religious, proving that the Mountain Mother exists, as evidenced by the Scroll she left to her most faithful believer showing him the Truth about the concept of "Earth" itself.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: January 29, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »

You have become Jewel: Master of the Terranomicon.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: January 29, 2015, 05:49:34 pm »

...I just had this idea of Jewel reading the Scroll, looking around, and carefully licking it to see how the stone tastes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: January 29, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »

Haha, oh, he would never do that to a priceless artifact. ...Okay, he would do that. Provided nobody was watching.

Also, shoot. I really like the first and the third. I'm going to have difficulty choosing between them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:40 pm »

What does a fractal rock taste like, anyway? Does it short out your taste buds?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 29, 2015, 06:02:17 pm »

As long as he doesn't eat it. XD

I would imagine it would taste rather like a rock, only infinitely more so.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 29, 2015, 06:03:35 pm »

If you ground it up, would it taste like fractal sand?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: January 29, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »

It's hard to tell the difference between fractal sand and regular sand, I think.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: January 29, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »

He wouldn't eat it, but to not take a taste might be asking too much from the poor rockman.

So, would the first or third path branch any? I'm right now leaning heavily on the third, since that would be something he would actively pursue.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 29, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »

My point is, if you break a fractal pattern into smaller pieces, you're left with two pieces identical to the first. Hence, when using a real fractal object, one must wonder whether said object can be affected similarly to a normal one. If you crush a fractal rock, do you get fractal sand, or do you still have a fractal rock?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 29, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »

They can lead to each other, really.

I can see "I used this as a tool to refine myself, which was given to me by the grace of Mother; perhaps further studies will allow me to find her touch in more places" or "The mysteries given to me by the Mountain can be used to make myself closer to her image."

I have more of an answer, but spoilers.

Outside of that, it really depends on your character and their actions. If you have ideas for it then I will be happy to include them. I mean, it can go wherever. Maybe Juggernaut, maybe Saint. Since other people have a possible end goal of "become gods" It's entirely possible that Jewel might end up with the radical epiphany that he *is * the Mountain Incarnate and become the God he worships.

Wide open sandbox.

... Fractal sandbox. 
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 332