Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268712 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Long Delayed Updates
« Reply #4050 on: August 22, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

Perhaps it 's effects that use a certain amount of mana. And specific areas will decrease effects over time.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4051 on: August 22, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

I'm partial to 'a certain amount of mana'. Something like MILF by itself being too low-level/freely flowing to trigger it- unless it's some exceptionally large source like a large, ancient waterfall.

Otherwise, if they only survived in certain areas, the gems would sublimate as soon as they leave those special dead areas.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: August 22, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

I meant "being in areas with high milf will degrade it."

Alternative: some are more "stable" than others. While they provide less protection, they last longer. The "stable" kind would probably have use in Ritual Magic to assist the guidelines of where you want energy to go.

Like say a normal one has a 3 MP over 15 minutes; a "stable" version would be like 5/15 or higher. Zero protection from weak spells, but better portable.

The opposite material, where it's a magic sponge, would be fun.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4053 on: August 22, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »

Ah ok, I think we're thinking of the same thing then.
Could be various impurities or the shape of it.
-e
Actually, just as far as sensitivity goes, just tie it to purity. Pure Beryllium would be a mega-sponge, though it wouldn't have much capacity what with not being in a crystal. So just get Beryl with further Beryllium impurities to get highly-sensitive absorption with some capacity to it.

Heh, fun but hard to come by. Even with a very large crystal, depending on how MILF replenishes, they'd have likely died off long ago outside of dead zones. Once they're found, you could probably transport them by putting'm in a resist-magic box.

hehe, stupid-large wizard-crystals could be responsible for dead patches of their own, thousands of years of MILF only a drop in the olympic swimming pool.

Edited my last IC post with more description.
Here's an image to give a good impression of the shield- though it's an oval rather than a circle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The anchors for the gems (black snakes) are true meteoric iron, and they extend clear through the shield  when they're deployed, (about an inch deep, the gem protruding another half-inch from the surface of the shield). They lack bottoms to accommodate longer crystals, but do have a bottleneck to anchor the gem arrays. The bottleneck allows gems up to 2 inches in width, which at 1.5" long would be worth ~550 middling spells. What I've got is more like 1.3 inch3, which is more like a dozen.
The central gem is 1.2" wide & worth about 1600. But by itself it'll only decrease spell effects. The whole series is important for good protection.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:47:51 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4054 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:23 am »

Double posting because LOOKIE!

Otherwise will see about getting my post up later today.

Post deployed. Cmoon dice roll, whatcha got for me?
I take it we'll want to herpderp about the earth seal after this?
HOW LARGE is the fountain-area?

Wow, has it really been 4 days since my last post? That's bananas. Busy busy busy.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:12:12 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:41 pm »

This week for sure. There is a deadline of "if I don't see a post from folks by Labor Day, they are moved from Active to Waitlist."

So, PM's to come soon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Beating the Deadline
« Reply #4056 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »

Good thing I posted!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »

Jewel is willing and ready to kick some ectoplasm about.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4058 on: August 27, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

So beta needs smurfington & party-leader: RPG.

Alpha needs chink, UR (he..might not be in the mood. Serious business out there.), & wolfchild I believe?
Badges of honor

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 27, 2014, 06:52:57 pm »

Apologies, I've been growing more skilled at the art of procrastination lately and berating myself for it has as of yet been unsuccessful.

To avoid this occurring yet more, I will say "Posting Now" rather than "Posting Soon".

Posting now.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4060 on: August 27, 2014, 06:57:31 pm »

inb4 >posts tomorrow :p
Badges of honor

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »

For info and whatnot, I want Ross and players to know that I imagine Daethwin with a violin is like Lindsey Sterling, but more rogueish.

And with a sword, sometimes, so ya know.

But mostly, I put this here because the following songs are effectively inspiration and give an idea of the type of thing he's singing about.

General style of contrast and whatnot, though perhaps not representative of the music he's actually playing(aka I have no real idea why I included them):
Good Day, by Nappy Roots
We Share Our Mother's Health, by The Knife

Sad/Funereal Songs(these were the hardest to find):
Lux Aeterna - Full Orchestra, by people
I'll Follow You Into The Dark, by Death Cab For Cutie
Emotional Music - Death Dance, by Adrian von Ziegler

Happy/Sun Songs(WHEEE SO MANY):
Here Comes The Sun, by The Beatles
Chasing The Sun, by The Wanted
Sunlight, by The Magician
Sunlight, by Bag Raiders (the true inspiration for the spell idea)
More Sunlight, this time by Modestep (not the dubstep parts >.> the music video might be a good idea of Daethwin's personality in general, tho)
Brighter Than The Sun, by Colbie Caillat
Brighter Than Sunshine, by Aqualung (for good measure, and also the only real song with something close to the contrast of happy and sad I'm lookin' for)

In case it wasn't clear, Daethwin figures magical sunlight, attached to/pouring from Thale's face, should do the trick here, if nothing else will.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 27, 2014, 08:01:18 pm »

Yay, I get to be even more shiny than usual! GET SUNBURNED, HERETICS!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 27, 2014, 08:04:49 pm »

I wasn't sure whether Thales would be overjoyed at glowing, or pissed about anyone's heathen magic touching his pristine body(pretty sure Thales would be gay for himself if he didn't think sex was beneath him). :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 27, 2014, 08:06:37 pm »

I wasn't sure whether Thales would be overjoyed at glowing, or pissed about anyone's heathen magic touching his pristine body(pretty sure Thales would be gay for himself if he didn't think sex was beneath him). :P
Thales will interpret this as a blessing from Almighty Arnum which some heathen jerk is trying to take credit for, obviously :P.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 332