Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268581 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Meh. I'm also the only other person to worship Arnum, fairly sure. He'll get over it. Or he'll hear the music, and then, well...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You have a "smite enemies of Arnum" special.

These undead are not, so a plain old Smite will do.

Undeath and necromancy are grey. Many do use it for evil and many evil choose unlife, but it (mostly) is considered okay.  Provided it's not your relatives or being used against you.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Oh hey guys, happy anniversary(-ish)! :D

Many thanks. There are officially 16 days until, but we really have passed three years together.  :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Meh. I'm also the only other person to worship Arnum, fairly sure. He'll get over it. Or he'll hear the music, and then, well...
In Beta party.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can only assume there's exceptions to all of those 'rules'.

I can easily imagine(and have made a character for something else based around) a 'tribe' of 'primitives' who have it as part of their ritual. Mine was an orc life/death shaman, basically; when you died, you're body was effectively embalmed, then raised to help protect the clan and keep it alive. They lived in harsh times, and of course, the orc tribe with an undead 'army' wasn't all that well-liked by the rest of the world, so each corpse didn't last all that long, most of the time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I can only assume there's exceptions to all of those 'rules'.

I can easily imagine(and have made a character for something else based around) a 'tribe' of 'primitives' who have it as part of their ritual. Mine was an orc life/death shaman, basically; when you died, you're body was effectively embalmed, then raised to help protect the clan and keep it alive. They lived in harsh times, and of course, the orc tribe with an undead 'army' wasn't all that well-liked by the rest of the world, so each corpse didn't last all that long, most of the time.
Yeah, dynamics like that can be really interesting. I once played as a Greek-analogue from a culture which glorified zombification as the continuance of duty even after death.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Sounds more Roman to me than Greek, personally.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Yeah, it was a very loose interpretation.

Sort of like how Thales is a very loose interpretation of the Imperial Inquisition.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need a hand-crossbow with exploding bolts. They have to explode inside the target's head.

I realize I have to make the distinction between Inquisitor and Commissar now, but I refuse. Thales can be both.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We talking Imperial(Holy Roman Empire/Spain), or ][mperial(40k)?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of the above.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More in response to Remuthra,  since it could be read either way there. But then, he doesn't look like he gives much effort actually converting people.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I give plenty of effort. You just refuse to properly revere me and listen with rapture to everything I say.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Bamp, gonna wear out my f5 key at this rate.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They probably sell key replacements somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 332