Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268483 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Yeah, technically we can just grab every single item within reach, we just can't leave with it. So if you can't figure out the trap, take time to prepare by nabbing every protective item and weapon you need.

Personally, I'm not sure what to do here. Another tremor went to the red mirror, so something must be dealing with it. I'll take another look around the IC.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Ooh, a green glowy lightsaber.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Pretty much. Obviously, acid damage increases decay odds for the defending item.

It's a +12, for reference.  Poison is 1 MP for 5 damage, working on living beings only. So that part is useless right now, but there is MP in it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Well, I got almost nothing. Unless we have to put the beads onto the pressure plate, or push it bck down or something, or hit the mirror again.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I think the key lies in that thing Blue said about life and death. "Death servants, life water." Death servants would be the enemies, so to get rid of them you need to do something with this "life water". My best guesses would be either throw holy water or something at them, or do something with the fountain.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we need to either keep the water in the fountain and possibly press on the pressure plate, or somehow get the water to flow into the secret chamber inthe fountain.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so, thinking. We know that:
1) In the room there are several colors
2) Red and Blue have been mentioned several times, both by the elders and by Thales' magical Illusion Away(R)
2A) There are hidden, locked and trapped doors behind both Red and Blue mirror, and some of the colors changed along with a mention of a 'winged pin.'
2AI) Anger and aggression was found behind the red mirror, wizardry and elder magic behind the blue mirror.
2AII) Two keys need to be turned in order to unlock the doors
2AII[Some other numerical indicator]) Spells of opening and closing are are dependent on the light of the torches
2AII[Some other numerical indicator +1]) The shadows don't correspond to the light logically
3) The torches have so far did little but cause tremors, and one of the tremors led to a trap
3A) The tremor leading to the fountain was a trap
3AI) Sorta. If we had turned all of the torches and opened it that way, we would of avoided this trap. My bad there. Anyhow, the hole is rectangular and has a pressure plate, so something goes in there.
3B) Hitting the red mirror causes equal force to be imparted to the user

The treasure is probably behind the blue mirror, the red mirror would open if we press the right thing into the hole in the fountain because of the connected mechanisms. The winged pin is probably important in some way, because it was mentioned, but how I dunno. A way to open the blue mirror is probably behind the red mirror.

I think the water was more a mention that it really pisses the Death Servitors off, so its like poking a bear with a stick when its already cranky is my guess.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:54:58 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He said the scale opens things. I have a feeling that the scale will be important.

Also, what about placing the winged pin in the rectangular thing?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, may do the trick. Or it may of just been an item with an illusion on it to be honest. But I don't know of any other object that would be semi appropriate to go there though.

I'm not sure what to do with the scales, I think that may of just been flowery talk. Or maybe not, I dunno.

EDIT: Anyway, I think the torches was to open the fountain, so that solves the torch mystery, I think. Moving a torch back in place may shut the fountain hole again, but I doubt it'll stop the trap.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:05:02 pm by Xanmyral »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Two keys eh? Well there're two pressure plates. How about we just try something heavy for the fountain plate & see if it does anything- otherwise Thales'll have to remember the flashy object for us to use it. If it doesn't solve then, let's try standing on the scale plate as well.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. Yeah, the scales could be important too I guess, but it just seems like a bit of a leap to me, considering he used one of its arms for the beads. But he did say that it opens things, and that is indeed what we're trying to do.

But yeah, unless Thales mentioned the pen, I dun think we can mess with it.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Xanmyral
EDIT: Anyway, I think the torches was to open the fountain, so that solves the torch mystery, I think. Moving a torch back in place may shut the fountain hole again, but I doubt it'll stop the trap.

Yes. Torches are one key.

Edit: The pin in question can be taken as "Charm of Heavy Falls" or the BoE. Or however you choose to interpret it. It's not a key or clue or anything.

Hint:read the words of what Blue said.

"Locked, trapped, solid doors. We encourage thieves to attempt to rob our Vault provided they report the weaknesses. Several thousand years of security. Red would invite you to break the mirrors; to balance her out, I would illuminate you with the knowledge of two keys to turn."

Clues. You turned one key.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm thinking we have to break the mirrors now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we have to... Turn the mirror. Red mirror, I guess? Or maybe not, if the pressure plate does indeed open the door behind Red mirror. In which case we turn the Blue Mirror. ...May be good to turn both, just to be safe. Well, rotate that is, unless the mirrors can come off the walls.

Also, what I get for not also checking out the OOC about the pen.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Personally, I didn't even see the edit yet.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 332