Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268663 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #3345 on: April 26, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »

Uh yeah no. No execution if they're already captured.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: April 26, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

Well, how do you suggest the heathen prisoners be slain?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: April 26, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »

They won't be. Because to the rest of the world, they aren't heathens. You don't always get your way. We give them over to the blue clan and let him do what he wants with 'em, or to the humans. Maybe make a profit off it.

Or just let them loose in the desert with three dollars and a blanket.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: April 26, 2014, 04:02:47 pm »

Both sides (once they realize they've been had) will probably just execute them. I do agree with an interrogation for information, but remember: torture never works.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: April 26, 2014, 04:10:49 pm »

Torture is unnecessary. I have my Truth Ring for inquisition purposes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: April 26, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »

That makes things much easier then, although one can avoid telling what is needed even while being forced to tell the truth.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: April 26, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »

If needed, I could throw a little magic in there as well. Maybe do a mind meld with the ring on?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: April 26, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »

Mind melding seems like a dangerous prospect, although I suppose the more alien the mindset to the one being melded the safer it would be (for the more alien, that is) in avoiding side effects of, well, melding minds. Wouldn't be good if you came out of it thinking you were a sun elf instead of an angel, after all.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: April 26, 2014, 07:31:32 pm »

Oh, don't worry, I have a feeling we won't have any problems getting our canaries to sing...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

Anyway, I think we're waiting on Smurf?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3355 on: April 26, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »

Eeh, no rush. Can only go so far with RP.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: April 26, 2014, 08:27:46 pm »

Is true, and considering the time anyone in college is swamped with finals and end of the year stuff.

Anyhow, maybe we should work on combat strategies some? We already got Jewel-Meteor and Rurail's Dragoon Jump, I think those were one's we've agreed upon, any others? We'll probably need them from the sounds of it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: April 26, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »

I can bring up my earlier post, and we can expand/adjust it as necessary for our new member.

EDIT: Our Blacksmith friend even fulfill's Nathan's role as the Fire element, being a RAGING BERSERKER blacksmith. And of course, blacksmiths have long been associated with fire(and metal element, in systems that use it).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:36:58 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: April 26, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »

Due to being a blacksmith, he does fall neatly into missing elemental division we had going on prior. If I were to guess, Daeth's combined actions with him would be rhythm based (smithies hammer) and 'mad scientist, enraged but focused monster' sort of bent. Both he and Jewel favor blunt weapons above others, so I can easily see combined actions there too.

EDIT: Dang ninjas!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: April 26, 2014, 11:30:04 pm »

Alrighty then. I feel like we should all discuss the ones involving our character to try and get them more concrete for when we're a true adventuring party that isn't always trying to kill each other. We'll still try to kill each other sometimes, of course; we wouldn't be a true adventuring party without that aspect, either!
I do have some suggestions from the list I think we could take a look at immediately, though.

Remuthra, we should PM for Arnum-related combos and other secret shenanigans(secret mostly because it has to do with my character's backstory, which must be technically secret even if everyone basically knows what it is). Also some Lore related things, since we both have history knowledge.
I think cementing what Jewel and Rurail can do together would be an excellent idea, if only because I really like the names I'd come up with and would be interesting to see what they actually do. :p
Thales and Sylvari could have some rage combos, where their anger feeds into each other's without being directed at one another until they both become a whirling frothing fury of destruction. Also one to do with their innately magical natures and rather less magical tendencies.
Jewel and Sylvari are both crafters, of fairly similar items, so they can probably get some passive bonuses when working together, if nothing else. Hammer and Anvil fighting combo also comes to mind.
Daethwin and Sylvari together might have a 'soothe the savage beast' combo, though that would be more passive than anything else. They're just opposites in too many ways to think of many good combos. Practical vs. Aesthetic; Magical vs. Physical, Diplomacy vs. Violence...they make good counterparts, less good partners. Oh well.
Jewel and Thales together of course could have some armor-based skills, perhaps.
Rurail and Thales together have dragoon/falling-onto-them-from-really-high skills.
Jewel and Rurail seem to have become good friends already, from the looks of it, so they could easily have some Phalanx-style fighting formations.

Also, some three man combo ideas:

Jewel+Sylvari+Daethwin: Hammer Time/Rhythm Fever
Jewel+Sylvari+Daethwin: The Next Level of Tinkering!
Sylvari+Thales+Daethwin: Ancient Pacts Invoked
Thales+Jewel/Sylvari+Rurail: Sword, Spear, and Stave
Jewel+Rurail+Daethwin: Three Level Heads
Jewel+Rurail+Daethwin: SpelunKings

Thoughts?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 332