Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268699 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #3315 on: April 04, 2014, 08:32:38 pm »

Oh, Ross, didja ever get around to making an organized list of our char sheets near-ish the OP? :P It'd be nice not to have to search the thread to find everyone's stats and whatnot every time. Especially since I forgot the new guy's char name.

EDIT: Also, for the record, Daethwin's not trying to open the party up to prying hooks/demands for services, he's asking "what's the catch?".

DOUBLEDIT: Also, if Red really does take Daeth up on his offer, I will be saddened and very hopeful that someone else has healing magicks.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:55:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 04, 2014, 09:58:52 pm »

Daethwin: Stand back, diplomat on the scene!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 04, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

Don't worry guys, I'm a diplo-tank!

*slice*

Okay, maybe worry now...*gurgle*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: April 10, 2014, 12:10:39 pm »

Uhm, expect delays. New full time state job.

It's gonna take a lot of my time.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 10, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

Grats on the job! No problem as to the wait, life comes first and all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 10, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »

Grats on the job! No problem as to the wait, life comes first and all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

I've actually been waiting for so long for a real damn job. Had my interview like... a few months ago and didn't get the job. They invited me to apply again, didn't give me the job, I applied again, and then on Monday they called saying "Hey, we're offering you the job, can you come in tomorrow first thing?" It starts Monday and I'm stoked as hell. Presumably, I'll keep my secondary job for a few weeks, but I really don't care one way or another.

Either way, I'm going to at least push out the conclusion to this scene and set the stage for DOOMTRAIN tonight.

Oh, and speaking of said DOOMTRAIN, the victory conditions are surviving five minutes of war. I'm going to assume you guys would greatly prefer to not have thirty rounds of combat so as to finish the next scene sometime this year, so here's the options I considered:

1- Ten thirty-second rounds, multiple rolls per round, with your posts being considered as tactical input
2- Treating the elfsiege as one single, thousand-plus HP creature for damage purposes
3- Five one-minute rounds
4- Play it by ear, which is to say you give tactical input for your character, and define certain triggers that would spur a round-to-round and/or tactics discussion, up to the BOSSFITE against a certain Sun Elf(s)

Like, say, oh... "Thales takes to the air and attacks targets of opportunity while spamming AoE attacks until countered by an enemy caster, falls below 30 HP, or is incapable of controlled flight for more than five seconds" or "Jewel takes a position on the front lines, intending to put his body between any pointy objects and his fleshy companions until HP is reduced by half" At this point, it can switch to a round-by-round to chug potions, set new tactics, and continue.

I'm inclined towards Options 2 and 4 for convenience, but I'll leave it to you.

EDIT: Yes, bonus XP will flow for good writing. Yes, you guys should indeed level, although Thales is probably going to level up first.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:59:58 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 10, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

I say we do the option 4 thing, and set up a sort of time resource we can allocate as we will.

Thales is probably going to level up first.
Of course he will; it would be improper for mere commoners to have the privelege of gaining power before the almighty hand of Arnum.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:30 pm »

I say we do the option 4 thing, and set up a sort of time resource we can allocate as we will.

Like how?  I'm for this but don't have any idea how I'd do it at the moment.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 10, 2014, 04:51:38 pm »

Like how?  I'm for this but don't have any idea how I'd do it at the moment.
Basically, just keep track of what we're doing and stop for suggestion as needed. For example, I might be spiraling upward in preparation for an attack run, taking a minute, while Jewel is dueling an elf, taking as long as is needed to finish him off, and Daethwin might be casting a spell which takes 20 seconds. In this case, the battle advances until Daethwin finishes, then he puts forth another action and it immediately moves forward until someone else finsihes what they were doing, etc. You can interrupt an action in an emergency, and there's no need to keep waiting for everyones' actions. Besides, in the chaos of a pitched battle there's no real time for everyone to plan out an action each turn, so if Bad Things happen, it can be assumed the character was slow to react.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:40 pm »

--while Jewel is dueling an elf--

Warrior.

They may not be as flashy as duelists, as specialized as [weapon][gender]s, and indeed a regular fighter would have a slight upper hand in standard combat, but a pitched brawl with hundreds of people and they have to fight all of them? That, that is their specialty. Where a duelist might be too distracted due to his sharp focus on a single fighter when there are dozens, the warrior would be at home and aware of his surroundings; where a [weapon][gender] may be overwhelmed or disarmed of their specialized weapon, a warrior would adapt and respond; where a fighter could be forced to give ground due to the overwhelming force, a warrior would hold his ground.

Jewel wouldn't be dueling an elf, he would be fighting the elves.

@Ross: I'm good with whatever choice, and what Remuthra says does seem workable. Follow the general plan/tactical insight unless something big comes up such as a character being too wounded or something upsetting the general flow of the battle field, maybe if the tactics aren't working so well. Mass elf-siege creature woks as well, really.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:26 pm »

It's an expression :P.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 10, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

I know, I was bored and felt like writing something with some purple prose.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 10, 2014, 05:51:25 pm »

*pats on head*

You'll make a fine priest of Arnum someday.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:56 am »

Time to unleash the berserker! Probably.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 332