Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268700 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #3300 on: April 03, 2014, 07:22:33 pm »

You see, when Thales starts to get really angry/desperate, he utilizes his knowledge of strange code and symbols imparted to him from ARNUM himself. Little is known about these strange, mystifying symbols, as the secrets are jealously kept by those of ARNUM's clergy. It is rumored that they can change the very appearance of reality however...

[/bored flavor text]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:41 pm »

You see, when Thales starts to get really angry/desperate, he utilizes his knowledge of strange code and symbols imparted to him from ARNUM himself. Little is known about these strange, mystifying symbols, as the secrets are jealously kept by those of ARNUM's clergy. It is rumored that they can change the very appearance of reality however...

[/bored flavor text]
Congratulation, you get a Thales Approval Token.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: April 03, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »

Woo! Few more and I can buy me a Thales action figure. If you pull its wings, he lectures you in all the languages at once.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: April 03, 2014, 07:34:52 pm »

How will Thales react once Daethwin claims to have seen something primordial, ancient, and powerful, but not a god, that he is now pursuing as his life's calling(implied: instead of Arnum)?

Oh, and Ross, is that 7.5k per person, or what?

And how much is stuff worth, anyway?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: April 03, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »

If I were to guess from what I know of Thales... Probably like he would anyone else following the other gods, except you dropped the pretense of calling it a deity. I could very well be completely wrong though.

No idea about the price, but I really, really doubt he'll give us each the ability to get +5 items. So I guess I can't get my awesome armor, shame. I do want something to protect Jewel from Magic, that's his biggest weakness right now, considering he laughs at most melee.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: April 03, 2014, 07:41:20 pm »

Daethwin don't need much.

After all, Ross hates music and hasn't included any artifact items or anything for bards to use. *cries*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 03, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

So make yer own artifacts then. The instrument is grand and all, but its the music and skill that really drives it. You're a guy who knows stuff he shouldn't, wouldn't you know forbidden dirges or some such?

There's nothing really exciting for bludgeoning weapons artifact wise, why I plan on making my own eventually, should Jewel get powerful/skilled enough.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:43:47 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: April 03, 2014, 07:43:12 pm »

The problem is I really have very little idea of Daethwin's objective abilities(aka what Ross decides he can do), and thus, what would be useful for him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: April 03, 2014, 07:44:39 pm »

Never know the limits until you hit the barrier. Smash at it with a hammer, see if it can budge. I plan on taking interesting routes to take out mages, for instance. They require the use of their hands/arms and mouth for a majority of their spells, so if one inhibits those through, say, a wrestling move or two... Granted, that idea is from Unsounded however.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:46:10 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: April 03, 2014, 07:46:10 pm »

We'd need to fight some stuff some more to do that, I think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3310 on: April 03, 2014, 10:41:41 pm »

Feat idea: Wrestling hold where one of the caster's hands
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'M A GENIUS

I think Ross meant 'when you get a random boon, (like a secret treasure room out of nowhere), the game probably isn't being generous for no reason'. We might be facing some challenges; the bonus room is mister blue & his gift of *treasure*!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:49:58 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:25 pm »

Almost forgot, little to no access to the internet until Sunday.

Just assume Jewel is agreeable with doing something instead of sitting around, steps in to break up fights between party members should they occur, and is a roughly five foot elemental with human proportions made of stone and dirt. Should it matter, rough fighting style is to tag team with Rurail by blocking with his shield and smacking people up with his mace/whatever bludgeon I decided way back when (was it a bar mace?) with a focus on disabling through hitting the limbs, the odd shield bash and disarm on those he thinks won't stop it/he can get away with, etc.

He may be about honor and loyalty, but that occurs in dealing with people. Fights are fights. Unless a duel or otherwise structured, they're a bit different.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:58 am »

It's fine, I'm busy for a while.

I really am giving you the chance to loot powerful gear (apiece) and highly suggest you take advantage before encountering what I'll call DOOMTRAIN. The encounter is going to suck for the party regardless of whether you accept "free" "gifts".

I can't say much more about the nature of the transaction, but I will repeat that Blue is scheming and you're his newest pieces in this internal conflict and also say "Red Clan will want and try to kill you either way."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 04, 2014, 05:07:48 am »

Are we messing with the Call of Choochoo again?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 04, 2014, 01:33:23 pm »

Blaine the Mono.

Nah, y'all are stopping a siege.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 332