Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268885 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #3075 on: March 08, 2014, 08:10:43 pm »

Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm wanting to think of a way to make Thales a nice, humble, kind and polite guy to see how it is like. Goes to that 'brain hard wires itself' thing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:20 pm »

Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm wanting to think of a way to make Thales a nice, humble, kind and polite guy to see how it is like. Goes to that 'brain hard wires itself' thing.
To be fair, you have the best chance of controlling Thales, as you're the only one I haven't put on the HAAATE list yet. He currently views you as some kind of endearing semi-intelligent creature. Like a puppy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: March 08, 2014, 09:40:39 pm »

Question: Can Thales tell the difference between a lie and simply not knowing the truth?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: March 08, 2014, 09:46:42 pm »

@Thales: Which amuses me, although I'm not sure how that happened to be honest. And if judging linguistic wise, that's pretty true about Jewel. I haven't looked at all of the sheets but he may actually be of the lowest INT of the group, but even then that's average.

EDIT: Just checked, he is actually. Everyone's INT seems to be either fourteen, fifteen, or sixteen while his is ten. When Castle was around he was the second lowest, with Castle being at eight, but now that he's gone he's just at the bottom.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:48:35 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:08 pm »

Everyone who can understand all of what he's saying get's fed up with it too quickly to like him, is the problem.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »

Well, for dealing with Thales, yeah. I was more wondering how Thales came to regard Jewel as the one he likes the most out of the group.

Also, stat chart incoming. 'Cause bored and it may be useful for future reference or something.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: March 08, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

Question: Can Thales tell the difference between a lie and simply not knowing the truth?
Honest mistakes show up as truth. He can still call them ignorant heathen scum, though.

Well, for dealing with Thales, yeah. I was more wondering how Thales came to regard Jewel as the one he likes the most out of the group.
You never angered him with snarky quips and the like, you've never professed your own worth, and you did heal him. Now you just need to be converted to the Way of the One True God, and you can be a cultist.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: March 08, 2014, 10:21:20 pm »

Can't wait till someone hits the berserk button, PC or NPC. I really want to see what limitations I have in rage mode.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: March 08, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »

Ouch...

Sad news, guys; the five-hundred years of tribute is the reasonable option here. That means that one way or another there is some seriously fucked up shit going on.

Then again, the drow really get the short end of the stick, because if you think about it, drow are still elves and thus have long lifespans, short birth-rates, while humans are the horny apes we are, breeding like crazy. They probably simply couldn't keep up physically due to biological limitations.

I sympathize with the drow. I also think that if Thales talks anymore someone will try to kill us.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: March 08, 2014, 10:24:41 pm »

Ouch...

Sad news, guys; the five-hundred years of tribute is the reasonable option here. That means that one way or another there is some seriously fucked up shit going on.

Then again, the drow really get the short end of the stick, because if you think about it, drow are still elves and thus have long lifespans, short birth-rates, while humans are the horny apes we are, breeding like crazy. They probably simply couldn't keep up physically due to biological limitations.

I sympathize with the drow. I also think that if Thales talks anymore someone will try to kill us.
That's the flaws at work.

How do you know all that?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:11 pm »

I'm posting in the right IC thread, right? I'm totally not phasing out right now?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »

1. Level of scholar has nice perks, ya know?
2. Read emotions like a book, too.
3. Does Thales over-exaggerate his own capabilities in his head? He is very arrogant of course, but to a point, that's justifiable; look at those goddamn stats, I mean really. But is he honest with himself about his skills?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 08, 2014, 10:29:29 pm »

I'm posting in the right IC thread, right? I'm totally not phasing out right now?
You haven't said anything worth responding to yet.

Barely registered on the Offend-o-meter.

3. Does Thales over-exaggerate his own capabilities in his head? He is very arrogant of course, but to a point, that's justifiable; look at those goddamn stats, I mean really. But is he honest with himself about his skills?
Yes, very much so.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: March 08, 2014, 10:29:57 pm »

Yes to the first or the second?

And what happens when he's proven wrong?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: March 08, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »

NAMESTRSTAAGISPDENDWILINTPERAVG
Jewel Thornton18171082213101013.5
Nathan Cadfael14128121614161813.75
Rurail Schythold20141518161015814.5
Castle132118141458712.5
Thales Aranis201722182018151418
Daethwin Riesston111419171013161514.375
Sylvari Augeleneth2020772010161113.875
Total Team Average15.571~16.429~14.143~13.429~16.857~11.857~13.714~11.857~14.357~

Enjoy. The averages would probably be a bit higher if I snubbed the people who aren't playing anymore, which I think would just be Castle now. Unless Nathan is out too.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:33:09 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 332