Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268916 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2985 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:22 pm »

Remuthra, Maxinum McDreich, and GrizzlyAdams.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:44 am »

I thought it best I remain silent in sensitive diplomatic situations, unless someone sets off Crusade Mode.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 13, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »

Well, it may be best to at least say 'Thales remains silent, looking at everyone with mild disdain' or something to at least let people know that it isn't because you've forgotten, but rather just thought it best to stay silent. You could act as an interpreter for the group too, relating what they say to the others who may not know Demoran.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: February 13, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

Well, it may be best to at least say 'Thales remains silent, looking at everyone with mild disdain' or something to at least let people know that it isn't because you've forgotten, but rather just thought it best to stay silent. You could act as an interpreter for the group too, relating what they say to the others who may not know Demoran.
Would you like me to do that :P?

Also, mild disdain?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »

What's mild for him is RAGING DEATH GLARE OF SCORN for everyone else.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2990 on: February 15, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »

Mm was kinda hoping for an OOC post from rpg about what his char shared concerning dark elves on the walk.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 15, 2014, 05:39:45 pm »

Yeah, that would be nice. It isn't utterly necessary though, I think. I doubt something like--
"OH! YOU FORGOT THE INTRODUCTORY BOW-HEADSHAKE-BOOTKICK! MUCH DISGRACE HAS BEEN PLACED ON MY AND YOUR HOUSE HOLD, FOR THAT YOU MUST COMMIT SUDOKU. BY MY BLADE."
--will happen.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 15, 2014, 09:17:40 pm »

Aye. The gist of it is; About 50 total drow or so, only about 30 with weapons, two non-drow, and maybe a dozen of the 'golems'. And a lot of camels, of course. The 'golems' are probably elementals; sand ones are younglings, stone ones are adults.

They're the Red Tribe, which is one of the surface or near-surface dwellers. It's actually a bunch of matriarchal clan-families that all group together into one tribe. They're pastoral nomads. They're relatively peaceful provided they're left alone, fairly honest traders, and very good riders. From the conversation, it's clear a warlike tribe has taken over the whole chain of command and they are NOT happy about it, but are willing to accept it because of something vague and bad happening to them as a whole. It's also clear that they're just a small part of who is out there at the moment, given that their herds are mostly not with that group.

That's about it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 15, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »

Interesting. Taking on fifty people will probably not go well considering if they're smart the tent is guarded by a lot more than just the ones in the actual tent. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the armed drow are within a stone's throw from it, keeping an eye on whatever is going on.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 16, 2014, 01:01:47 am »

Well, Reds are warriors and Orange aren't, but yeah, that.

Put it this way: they expect war or trade, because historical precedent. You're talking, and that's kind of new. They're willing (some, at least) to throw down, but they are rather fond of peace.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 16, 2014, 10:17:44 am »

True, but numbers are numbers and quantity is a quality of its own. In some cases, at least, magic tends to throw a wrench in conventional warfare something nasty.

Either way, I think we should push the conversation towards the village as that's where we need to go. Are they related to the drow there, what do they think of them, do they know what's going on, etc. We should do it in such a way as to appear neutral on the subject however, that way we don't tip our hand that we were hired to go fix the whole cult problem.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2997 on: February 16, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

Burp, post in.

I don't think my character knows dremoran..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 16, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »

Burp, post in.

I don't think my character knows dremoran..
See, proof of your nature as common filth caking the lens through which Arnum reveals His divine sight.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2999 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

I'm sure that's what they'll think too, especially the red one. Meantime my character's gotta go on dem bodylanguages.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 332