Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268926 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2955 on: January 12, 2014, 12:48:11 am »

Life happens, its understandable. Guess Beta is going to be accepting new applicants again. Guess Jewel will be handling diplomatic relations, unless Thales chimes in. Neither option lend well to a peaceful resolution, hah.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:51:18 am by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:16 am »

I figure I'll wait until someone insults my honor to engage Angel Rage Mode.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:40 pm »

...I just meant for that night... >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: January 12, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »

So when's Alpha getting some love? :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: January 12, 2014, 02:41:15 pm »

Oh thank goodness, I was afraid we'd miss out on our Bard with eldritch knowledge. I was curious as to what you've been alluding to for a while.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2960 on: January 12, 2014, 04:46:43 pm »

Oh thank goodness, I was afraid we'd miss out on our Bard with eldritch knowledge. I was curious as to what you've been alluding to for a while.

This.

BTW, I'd like to retcon asking you about these dark elves in a group-hears-us kind of way. Would you be able to favor me/us or is that against the prime directive?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: January 12, 2014, 04:53:21 pm »

Well, I had kinda assumed I would have told you guys about it on the way there anyway. Most everything I saw, which I will actually inform you of in a short while.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2962 on: January 15, 2014, 02:11:56 pm »

>nudges rolepgeek
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: January 15, 2014, 09:05:36 pm »

Yeah yeah I know I know.

I'll try to work on it tonight. It shouldn't take too long, I hope. I've just been dreading my personal skills IRL, so I keep getting worked up about screwing it up and getting everyone killed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: January 15, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »

A good way to attempt to go about it might be starting off in a sentence, drifting off and then explaining what the conversation basically goes. Like:

"My name's Daethwin, although I usually go by Daeth, great to meet you and not have to put a sword through your gut! Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I ask a few questions..."

Ask about thing one, thing two, etc. Compliment them on x and y, etc.

[Probably not as obviously 'stab me' as the above though.]

It's a good way to sorta fake-it when playing with characters who tend to have mental stats above your own. Start off with something, drift into an ellipses, and then get down to the nitty gritty of what you're asking for.

Most GMs tend to filter what people say through the lens of their character anyway. Someone who plays a rough, gravely voiced guy and gives a very eloquent speech probably won't have it come out as nice sounding through their character. The opposite is true, a guy playing a high charisma character but himself not being that great at such instead sounding much nicer and more eloquent when spoken by their character.

Otherwise you wind up with certain people who can give good speeches/interpersonal stuff and they build a character that dumps that kinda stuff heavily, making up for it with their own personal metaskill. Not really fair, and heavy metagaming should it happen.

Ross has put forth that if you do something well, you'll get bonuses for it, but if you at least attempt you should still be fine as long as it isn't obviously 'stab me' worthy.

/ $0.02
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:54:42 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: January 15, 2014, 10:24:26 pm »

So, uhhh....

What do we have to trade, exactly?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:34 pm »

Their lives.

More seriously, no idea. They're asking for a trade specifically? I didn't catch that. Hm. A blunt approach might be warranted, explain how we're trying to get to [insert village name here] because of [bullshit reason here].

If not, maybe say we're mercs out looking for work. Nothing better than knowing one's enemy than working with them, after all.

We got nothing to trade and trying to bull our way through one will just end badly, and cause suspicion. They don't seem actively hostile, but their response shows that they're wary of something, something that they feel the need to be very cautious about. Perhaps ask if something is bothering them?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:27 pm »

Honesty is the best policy, and besides, I'm the one bard who can't bluff farther than he can spit.

But maybe this will get activity going anyway. We can hope!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: January 15, 2014, 10:53:15 pm »

Fair enough, because really lying in front of AVATAR OF TRUTHINESS might of been a bad idea anyhow. I kinda forgot about him really.

Doesn't he have a fault that makes him relentlessly attack anyone he detects is lying?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: January 15, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »

Speaking of which, at some point I must find a way to logic Thales into lying, whether in the past or the present. Then he will start hitting himself, and much humor will be had(Daethwin will be saying 'Why are you hitting yourself' every time he throws another logic-bomb).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 332