Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268936 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2925 on: January 04, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »

Ah, I did.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 04, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »

Can't wait to see how going after the hunting party will develop. Possibly poorly, but we shall see.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 04, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

So quick question:

Given the "diplomacy" option, were you lot in favor of "meet them halfway to get it done" or "Maybe we'd negotiate better behind fortifications?" option?

It does affect what I write, reaction modifiers, etc.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: January 04, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »

Dunno. The only talk (IC) about staying is to ambush though, so I'm not sure if the that plan wants to be done with diplomacy.

So I (hesitantly) assume meet them halfway, given no talk of the latter except in ambush.

EDIT: Argh, late night typing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:49:21 am by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 05, 2014, 12:02:18 am »

I'm in favor of talking, with everyone going. No ambushes. If we have to stay or leave someone behind, we start fortifying; those who wish for peace must prepare for war.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2930 on: January 05, 2014, 01:47:33 am »

If we wait for them to come to us, we're going to be speaking to their leaders, perhaps through their chosen underling/figurehead, but still their leaders. Or rather, if we want to organize a mutiny, it'll be a lot more difficult if the captain is in the room, so to speak. Would have to be done sneaky-like, before the leaders would expect a confrontation.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 05, 2014, 01:50:22 am »

So I think the general plan is to try and meet them with words, but keep our weapons at the ready. It'll probably end in a fight, but it should be fun to see what happens.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

The vote to go talk has passed. Since I don't work tomorrow and I'm saving Sherlock S3E2 for tomorrow, I should get a post up tonight.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2933 on: January 05, 2014, 09:26:48 pm »

Welp, blah. My explicit vote would be for talking behind our fortifications, but that won't get us anywhere without some Ridiculous rolls. Was kinda holding my breath for more IC discussion.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: January 05, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

Y'all still have a few hours, so if you can convince folks to change their mind, try it!

Normally, I'd like more IC, but the scene is stalled and I think the way to get things going is to move from Reaction Scene to Action Scene. If there's a sudden post explosion before I go to post, I'll allow y'all to finish, but I don't want another MEGAHIATUS.

Failing that, you can say "During the walk, I set a trigger spell to auto-cast Mage Shield upon hostilities" or whatever other preparations. There's no time limit, but if it ain't listed before your second post in the next scene, you won't have prepared.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 05, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »

I'd like more IC too, but it's an empty wasteland when only few talk in Beta. I'm hoping it's just because of the hiatus and things will get back to it once the scene moves along.

Fun thing about warriors: always prepared. Don't think there's anything I can really do to prepare anyhow, beyond 'make sure the weapons and armor I make an effort to carry around as much as possible are being carried around,' heh.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:36:34 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: January 05, 2014, 10:57:34 pm »

Bah. I've just been burned out on everything, I think. Creativity for this sort of thing has been difficult. Or at least motivation has been lacking.

SPEAKING OF, before I forget, I wanted to suggest some group tactics for once Beta Party has the mind-meld going on. Or even before.

Shell-Shock: Nathan+Daethwin; Active; Nathan's black powder weaponry gives a lot of noise for Daethwin to shape, and when the two are ready, Daethwin can use the immense sound created by Nathan's Sounds of War to empower the sound, creating a devastating cacophony of sound. Large area effect, deafens and stuns.
kaBOOM: Nathan+Daethin; Active; Similar to the above, but with one of Nathan's bombs, instead of his guns. Large area effect, devastating shock wave.
Compare Notes: Nathan+Daethwin; Active/Passive; When working together to see what they've observed, noted, or remember about a subject, Nathan and Daethwin give each other significant bonuses. They may exchange all knowledge they have individually on a subject in a very short amount of time, as well.

Hymn of the Divine Truth: Thales+Daethwin; Active;
Wrath of Darkness Revealed: Thales+Daethwin; Active; This is secret. Sorta.
Forbidden Secrets: Thales+Daethwin; Passive; ...This is secret...

Mountain's Song: Jewel+Daethwin; Active;
Cavern Echoes: Jewel+Daethwin; Active;
Stone Medium: Jewel+Daethwin; Active/Passive; When working together to craft stone writings or tablets, or dealing with underground/earthen construction, artifacts, or other items of such nature, Jewel and Daethwin grant each other significant bonuses. They may also create 'scrolls' when working together, as stone tablets.

Water Carries Sound: Rurail+Daethwin; Active;
Rhythm Fever: Rurail+Daethwin; Active/Passive;
Ruin Maniacs: Rurail+Daethwin; Passive; When working together to explore ruins or other abandoned locales, Rurail and Daethwin grant each other significant bonuses.

Rock Fall, You Die: Thales+Jewel; Active;
Focusing Lens: Thales+Jewel; Active;

Fury of the Heavens: Thales+Nathan; Active;
Glorious Battle: Thales+Nathan; Active;

Double Dragoon Drop: Thales+Rurail; Active;
Refraction: Thales+Rurail; Active;

Basilisk Shot: Nathan+Jewel; Active;
Fragmentor: Nathan+Jewel; Active;

Tidal Advance: Rurail+Jewel; Active;
Skipping Stones: Rurail+Jewel; Active;

Compression Wave: Rurail+Nathan; Active;
Fish in a Barrel: Rurail+Nathan; Active;

Elemental Burst:Group; Active; Each member of the group is representative of a different element, while Daethwin unlocks and channels this(as well as being something of a 'fifth element'). Rurail is water, Thales the air, Nathan of fire, and Jewel makes four. What exactly this would do....who knows?
(Dis-)Harmony:Group; Active; Two overlapping melodies, each compelling one side to listen to it and fall into it's rhythm...but the one geared for Daethwin's friends is keyed into the other, a counter-rhythm that beats the other, to put it simply.

I'll put in the descriptions over time. the names should give you an idea though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:26:25 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »

By the way, Mass Mana-Stream is kind-of a preliminary song which means he takes a little bit of mana from everyone nearby (friendly or not) who isn't experienced with magic/isn't using mana(it will not affect strong spellcasters, basically; it's for supplementing mana from people who aren't using it, not draining casters of mana), to supplement his own casting(he still uses some of his own, though).

Banshee's Wail is probably similar to Breath of the Grave, except less Necromancy, more disrupting your ability to think, and sound-based of course.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2938 on: January 05, 2014, 11:53:22 pm »

Bah. I've just been burned out on everything, I think. Creativity for this sort of thing has been difficult. Or at least motivation has been lacking.

I know exactly what you mean.

Psuedo IC talk:
How do we want to approach them, if given the chance? Do we all want to walk as a group, or do we want to keep a few members out about 50 yards, so we could get some flanking action going on?
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 06, 2014, 12:08:10 am »

Yeah, the holiday crush is bad for writing. Add in a pause and it gets harder.

Sweet feats, though.

Expect scouts and outriders. There's a few rolls that will determine things: unless you hit an immediate natural 1, it will likely be a very awkward coffee with both groups wondering when shit is gonna go down.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 332