Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268191 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2070 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »

Well, really I think Myrln is the only one in trouble. But yeah, keeping him distracted can only be good. Also who doesn't like fisticuffs?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2071 on: September 18, 2013, 09:09:29 pm »

Seems kinda risky, even if the wrights/necroangel join with whomever you raise next turn.

God>Defender>Greater Angel>Everything else
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 18, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »

Well if Neun backs me up, it shouldn't be too hard.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 18, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »

Of course its risky, but he's not doing it alone. Neun will be there to back him up.

EDIT: Hah, thirty seconds late.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2074 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »

Ya might run into something like this..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:22 pm »

I suppose its a good thing in this universe every act could be considered one done with mana if we're to go with the 'mana == soul/energy/life' thing. Well, good for those alive, not sure how far that covers undead.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 18, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »

Worst comes to worst, I just push it off onto my ghouls, like I did with the agony thing. Anyway, Cor is not a war god and his priest is probably not skilled enough in combat to do much more than hold off multiple opponents.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2077 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:30 pm »

I suppose its a good thing in this universe every act could be considered one done with mana if we're to go with the 'mana == soul/energy/life' thing. Well, good for those alive, not sure how far that covers undead.

Ha, looked it up, apparently a 'mana ability' is something that adds mana to one's pool.

Woo derails.

Might be difficult if you can't move your fingers. Also, he's about as war-like as a god of light can get. Very smitey. His defender has 53 mana, 90+ hp, a mana font, and likely access to things like AOEs and crowd control.
Badges of honor

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 18, 2013, 09:45:42 pm »

Well at this point I'm the guy who stands the best chance against him apart from possibly Tarana, but she won't fight him.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2079 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:08 pm »

Hehe, you might want to grab tarana and inform her she has the best chance of making sure everyone else gets out alive- if she shifts, she's immune to holy damage, and is rather good in the whole 1v1 thing. The rest of you can nab the noble before the END OF BATTLE hits.

-Problem is justifying that without metaknowledge..

-------
Pointing out, she wouldn't have to kill him. Only hold him off.
-------
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:57:49 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 18, 2013, 09:54:22 pm »

Yeah. Without metaknowledge, me and Neun working together have the best shot at taking down the Defender.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2081 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:54 pm »

May Ingram smile on your dice.
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 18, 2013, 10:28:57 pm »

So wait, are both high priests dueling or just one?

Zoah versus the Shinpriest, Everyone else versus the Cor Defender.

Worst comes to worst, I just push it off onto my ghouls, like I did with the agony thing. Anyway, Cor is not a war god and his priest is probably not skilled enough in combat to do much more than hold off multiple opponents.

Cor is a war god. He's just not one with the domain of war.

I'm sure Myrln will pull through and flourish, I'm not too worried about it. Also this is a high magic setting. Just heal it, pump some serious magical mojo at it and it'll be good as new. Not sure if the mental things can be healed, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is a possibility.

Pick out the bone shards, apply appropriate healing potions and lots of magic, and assuming you live through the first few days, you'll be fine. Aside from, y'know, the consequences of brain trauma.

Myrln: Cast Greater Wig of Chaos

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 18, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »

Yeah, I'm mostly curious as to the brain trauma can be healed though. What the limits are to magical healing is what I'm curious about really, what can be healed and what can't.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 18, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

In theory, anything. Put it this way - brain trauma is not something you just cast Cure Critical Wound on and forget about. It'll leave scar tissue everywhere, and could quite easily kill you from cerebral edema. Or, you know, the part of energy that comes from the person being healed.

It takes power, precision, and preparation. You'd want to use alchemy and healing magic, and quite possibly blood magic. The ideal solution is to use the base humors of the person as the basis for a specialized potion, applied directly to the wound in coordination with consumed regular potions. This potion would be more based on providing a template for the body to naturally regrow the damages (and to speed it up) as opposed to most potions, which draw upon the energy in the potion and of the body to immediately reconnect. Aside from that, bed rest, the application of certain elemental/healing spells, some degree of therapy, and time should do the rest.

Basically, most of the time, magical healing is crude. If you get a gut wound and use watercrafting/healing magic/blood magic to fix it, you'll have a big, ugly scar and your organs will probably be shaped a little funny. Healed muscles may have ghost pains and twinges, etc etc.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 332