Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268031 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #1965 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:17 pm »

Wouldn't hold our breath.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »

Keep in mind this is Alpha's second combat encounter.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 14, 2013, 09:54:44 pm »

True, but we have some decidedly odd religious make up with our group, one who only worships, and even only acknowledges, one, and one who doesn't actively worship any.

So it may take a bit, or may take less time considering Thales.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 15, 2013, 01:02:34 am »

Alpha Party got thrust directly into a religious ritual, and after a natural 20 on the part of the CorPrayer, it turned into the biggest cluster-fuck of 274 A.W., barring Beta Party pulling shenanigans.

The town is halfway between "totally screwed" and "utterly fucked." Shin literally dropped the Flying Fortress of War in the middle of the town, the god-storm is going to cause some nice flash-flooding, Mingan just brought a Greater True Necroangel into existence, Pantxike is bound to find it hilarious to turn all the buildings inside out and swap the underground for the aboveground, Sanoci has already started a mass prison riot/breakout... Also, the gods haven't even hit the first level, much less the third.

On the sliding scale of apocalypse severity from a Level 1 Disruption (Area survives intact but is permanently altered) to a Level 6 Total Annihilation (Area ceases to exist, to have ever existed, to have existed in alternate universes,etc) you're probably going to be looking at a Level 4 Extinction (Life and unlife itself are purged from the area) or a Level 5 Physical Annihilation (Area is physically destroyed and possibly remains as glass, asteroids, etc.)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 15, 2013, 01:10:38 am »

Sounds about right, the only thing that makes me--if only slightly--thankful in the event this might ever come to pass for Beta is that they're all wielding sharp weapons.

So Beta, we're going to break up a cult if I remember right. Let's hope they don't get too lucky if things go bad, or if so bring out all the stops.

EDIT: Actually, I have a question. How long is the air trip? Jewel will want to craft something in his dowtime, or maybe cultivate his moss again into another salve depending.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:17:31 am by Xanmyral »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1970 on: September 15, 2013, 01:49:20 am »

EDIT: Actually, I have a question. How long is the air trip? Jewel will want to craft something in his dowtime, or maybe cultivate his moss again into another salve depending.

It's on the second day and we can't go in till the third at the earliest, I think.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:27 am »

Ah, definitely no time then.

EDIT: Well, for the actual carving. I think that may be enough time to rough up a sketch of how he would want it to look like at least.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:11 am »

Alpha Party got thrust directly into a religious ritual, and after a natural 20 on the part of the CorPrayer, it turned into the biggest cluster-fuck of 274 A.W., barring Beta Party pulling shenanigans.

The town is halfway between "totally screwed" and "utterly fucked." Shin literally dropped the Flying Fortress of War in the middle of the town, the god-storm is going to cause some nice flash-flooding, Mingan just brought a Greater True Necroangel into existence, Pantxike is bound to find it hilarious to turn all the buildings inside out and swap the underground for the aboveground, Sanoci has already started a mass prison riot/breakout... Also, the gods haven't even hit the first level, much less the third.

On the sliding scale of apocalypse severity from a Level 1 Disruption (Area survives intact but is permanently altered) to a Level 6 Total Annihilation (Area ceases to exist, to have ever existed, to have existed in alternate universes,etc) you're probably going to be looking at a Level 4 Extinction (Life and unlife itself are purged from the area) or a Level 5 Physical Annihilation (Area is physically destroyed and possibly remains as glass, asteroids, etc.)
I'm seriously taking some Pantxike levels.
However, I have a few questions.

If I take a Pantxike level when I level up, does that mean I'm a Disciple 1? If so, that means that to get to Priest it'd be 8 levels if I'm right. Or do I count Disciple levels as already gotten?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 15, 2013, 02:11:58 am »

You'd gain a level of fanatic, which could later be converted into priest.

Not the Fanatic prestige classes, but just fanatic. Converting to priest would need either divine insight or a brief term of study under ordained priests. The classes are essentially the same; priest just implies more knowledge and ecclesial rank, while fanatic implies more faith.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 15, 2013, 02:12:52 am »

Ah.
So the level progression is the same then?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2013, 02:20:10 am »

Yeah.

Those sub levels are more quietly tracked than anything. Zoah has some hidden disciple levels, for  example. I know Myr does too, but I can't het into the secret GM FOLDER from my Kindle. I know Mor got some for Darsh upon conversion, Tar has some for Cor and absolutely does for her other gods.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 15, 2013, 02:22:08 am »

Hmm. Be warned, if we survive the epic cataclysm that occurs shortly hereafter and happen to level up, I'll probably grill you on what each level I could take would do.
Just saying that in advance, though I'll keep the list small.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 15, 2013, 02:22:45 am »

Hm... Ross, is a roll required to sketch something Jewel later wants to carve from stone, or would that kind of thing not require a roll? It would essentially be a picture of it, along with a few written notes to himself about what would be the best place to start and explanations and so such.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 15, 2013, 02:36:35 am »

Take 20.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 15, 2013, 02:38:31 am »

I'm so goddamn glad I joined this game.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 332