Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267994 times)

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: Beta Party has 2 slots open!
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2013, 10:49:29 pm »

Man, I kinda wish someone would use a diamond katana on Zoah. So he could grab, break it and then slap them with a handful of the broken shards while laughing hysterically.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »

What about a diamond-edged katana?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:24 pm »

-Her: Jewel's a dude, although technically I'm not sure if that's even a physical thing with his race.

As to the whole using elementals, really depends on how you do it, his ties to other elementals, if there are two different kind of elementals being the primal and the sapient as I hazarded at before, how elementals view other elementals, how in-tune dwarfs are to elementals, etc. He certainly won't feel comfortable around you with the thought that you could force him into servitude if he finds out, that I can promise regardless of the above.

Also depends on if he's forced by your fault to go into said bloodrage, although I highly doubt such a thing would happen, Ross is the kind of guy who likes to keep player agency in their hands from what I've heard him say. Really, I know nothing about other elementals and Ross hasn't talked about them much so I can't rightly say anything. If Joe treats them badly, he certainly won't be happy and might act with force, either restraining wise or harmful depending, if you treat them too badly, but if Joe treats them nicely he'd probably ask if it's possible for Joe to ask instead of force them to do stuff. But really, he'd do the same if you were a slave-o-mancer or something. ...Which I suppose you are kinda, depending on how you do it and how its viewed. Man, bet necromancers are probably viewed similar with sapient undead running around.

It's all kinda wishy-washy really. I mean, I imagine when you went with Elementurgy you were imagining the barely relate-able beings in D&D, in Ross'verse I can confirm that dwarfs and dryads are elementals although as to if they act as per the norm that is another question. I mean, I imagine dwarfs are different enough from elementals considering that they have their own private language aside from the Elementure language, and Jewel was primarily raised by dwarfs, or at least more general earth elementals (instead of stone as dwarfs are) who lived with dwarfs.

I do think I should warn you that more things than giant rock formations, twisters, giant waves, and trails of fire will be after you with that trait though, who knows what else might be an elemental since in this 'verse I can hazard a guess that it can be of any type considering what Ross said about dwarfs being (stone) and dryads being (wood). ...Huh, wonder if there's a steel elemental. Ugh, or maybe something volatile, like uranium or plutonium. Scary thought.

EDIT: Er, sorry for drowning you in text. Don't know why, but this thread brings out my verbosity.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2013, 11:28:24 pm »

Oops. I thought I read in your sheet that you looked female. As for the way elementals work, I sort of prefer it. It makes for a more colorful character.

In the fantasy age, all slaves were controlled by magic.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I could probably befriend Nathan because of racism.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:39:12 pm by Remuthra »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »

Heh, it's alright, don't think I actually used any gender terms in his sheet thinking on it, beyond stating that he appeared male as an off-handed comment in his description.

As for elemental working, whatever works, it would definitely make for interesting character interactions, although hopefully of the non intra-conflict kind. Even if so I'm confident it will end for the better story.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2013, 12:39:07 am »

The easiest way to say it is that if your character has a critical flaw and it never comes up, something might just happen. Or if it gets defied, a reason would be good (and a character sheet update, too.)

Also, there's a line between "mostly supernatural" and "mostly natural". Dwarves are closer to the natural end.  Dryads are more supernatural. Sidhe are supernatural, humans natural, etc etc. Elves are skewed to supernatural, especially the plant elves and ocean elves, but naiads are more super.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2013, 12:58:02 am »

I'm honestly not sure where Jewel would fall on that spectrum. He can't do magic, so I guess natural? But he's also far from natural, being made mostly of stone. Is there even a term for him beyond "elemental?" He's kind of a weird one I guess, although I suppose one can say he might be dwarf-like, but I don't know if dwarfs are flesh and blood in this setting or made of stone.

Hah, suppose there was a good reason I put that minor in of him being easy to recognize.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2013, 08:30:40 am »

Nathan's a stereotypist to begin with... in everything. Old man that uses slave magic? Well... first impression is old man, so useless and may underestimate him. Slavery? Nathan doesn't stand for that, so you're likely to get a life long enemy thar XD.

If not slavery, then using them against their will.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:45 am »

Details edited to better conform to the setting.

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:06 am »

I think we should skip into the action!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:49 am »

I'll agree with Xero, otherwise the rest of the game will be me screwing around.
Maybe we should let Gamerlord do his undead thing first though?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:01 am »

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Though I hope we can get into the fighting by sometime tonight. I've been anticipating some combat.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2013, 01:57:57 pm »

This should be updated sometime tonight. I must say that Kai Queen is the first priority, though.

The individual quest has been delivered. There's nothing further to be had for anyone in the scenes at this time; finding an appropriate body is going to have to happen along the way, and returned to the city to be used.

Also, a sacrifice to Mingan is done by first sending the ritual dagger through the victim's heart (or the area in which is is located), then doing the same to yourself. It's a test of faith, because if you truly believe, you know that your truedeath will come when both the brothers agree, and not a moment sooner.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:30 pm »

I must say that Kai Queen is the first priority, though.
I must say that I like that it is the first priority
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »

This should be updated sometime tonight. I must say that Kai Queen is the first priority, though.

The individual quest has been delivered. There's nothing further to be had for anyone in the scenes at this time; finding an appropriate body is going to have to happen along the way, and returned to the city to be used.

Also, a sacrifice to Mingan is done by first sending the ritual dagger through the victim's heart (or the area in which is is located), then doing the same to yourself. It's a test of faith, because if you truly believe, you know that your truedeath will come when both the brothers agree, and not a moment sooner.
But I had a decent plan involving the fauxscottish priest and replaced vocal cords!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 332