Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 267958 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: Beta Party has 1 slot open!
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »

That all assumes the deity was ever a creature instead of just pure myth. If it was a creature at one point, it would be a very stone, earthen focused one that has ties to olden Earth Elementalkind for it to have gotten its status.

I'm kind of leery of the "farce from a deity" because then it could possibly be demonstrable, where the main idea is a belief in something not-proven in face of proof of other things. Basically isn't what I'm looking for/wanting to get outta this in terms of story, in short.

Now maybe if it was a farce long ago that grew out of control, then died off and was pretended to have never happened by said deity that tried to pull it off, maybe, but still brings it back to "still possibly demonstrable if deity feels like it," and none of them have the domains I'm looking for in mind. Well, not all of them at least, some do have one or another, but really never grouped beyond a stray one. Thinking on it, I'm liking the idea of leaving it all very vague.

Idea in my head was that the "deity" is claimed to have spawned Earthen Elementalkind. The idea died down over generations though, it being a rather old idea, due to never being demonstrable but some still hold the belief. Probably shown as a goddess because "Stone Singer/Sister," "Mountain Mother," or "Rock's Rookery." 'Dem alliterations. And most creation stories relating to deities tend to deal with goddesses, if I recall.

I actually have most of the idea bolted down in my head already, and a buncha fun cultural points about it thought out, but I don't want to spoil it until the game.

Its not really meant to be a focal point of the character though, just a thing he does which affects other things he does, but by no means a defining trait. Unless you consider it I suppose, I just figure it a minor write off on a cultural note, something that gets brought up once or twice, or maybe shown in the light at a time or another, but nothing really brought about of it.

EDIT: Holy crap I wrote a lot more than I thought. Sorry 'bout that.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »

During the struggle, he ascended into a Greater God.

Also, you may have noticed that Tokee is listed twice in the other chart. This is not an error, I deliberately placed him there as part of the ripples. The actual 33rd god is an unknown god who is more than just dead: their entire existence was purged from reality to the point where they never existed in the first place, even when they would have existed otherwise.

That god is not just gone, but ret-gone. Headcanon suggests that Daimonas was behind this somehow, but it cannot be canon because if the god never existed, the god couldn't ever have existed in order to have been removed from ever existing. Try to not think about that too hard, because your brain will start to hurt.

Here's the prewar rankings.

Greater
1. Chelan (E)
2. Shin (E)
3. Mingan (E)
4. Malu (E)
5. Daimonas (E)
6. Coranthiir (E)
7. Darshendros
8. Illeni
9. Vijer
10. Liagora
11. Ayrn (N)
12. Eyilana (N)
13. Aphilam
14. Sa'ada
15. Bree
16. Camille (E)
17. Radan
18. Caribia

Lesser
19. Arnum
20. Timeus (N)
21. ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
22. Arethusa (N)
23. Ingram
24. Lisse
25. Halloran (E)
26. Sanoci (N)
27. Uayli (N)
28. Yupoli
29. Zakai
30. Minkah (N)
31. Aroha (N)
32. Oraith (E)
33. Malaquai (N)
34. Pellegrin (N)
35. Pantxike (E)
36. Tokee
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:30:39 pm by Ross Vernal »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

What were our objectives again?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2013, 11:19:11 pm »

Oasis:
- Find the murderer(s) and bring them to justice
- Purge the direwolves and the Druid cabal

Garrison Springs:
- Find the kidnapper(s) and bring them to justice (possible overlap with Oasis objectives?)
- End the local insurgency

Freeport:
- Find the spies / traitors and make an example of them (possible overlap with Oasis objectives?)
- Raid the rival "nation" behind the incursions

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

Duke's Dinner:
Troll the attendees
(a personal one)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2013, 12:02:21 am »

It won't get you levels, but it will most certainly please your god. Which is a good thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2013, 12:07:19 am »

Plus it's fun!
Oh, sorry, duchess. The drafts here are terrible, aren't they? Don't worry, I'm sure not everyone saw your privates.
Sig! Onol

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2013, 03:17:22 am »

Sorry, but I am going to have to drop out of this. Not enough time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:22:44 am by Jembot »
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

Still playing catchup, but damn,
"He started this bloody war, and I'm gonna finish it... " Zoah's teeth gritted tightly and his expression was one of intense rage. The undeads laugh only spurred him forward. "I'm sure you're used to having poles rammed up your rotting asshole!" The angelborn pulled a small silvery metallic pole from his side, but before he could reveal what it was, a wave of peace rolled over him.

Every good emotion he had felt in the last ten years came to the surface, displacing all of his anger and rage. He found himself taking in a deep breath and revealing in the euphoria. "You're going to be hated by everyone, Morgred. You won't last long on your own." And with that, Zoah turned and walked back onto the ship.
That's well-writ.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »

I'd like to point out that angels are not inherently good, nor are demons inherently evil. They are soulless and divine lieutenants of the Gods. Angels represent the Major Aspects of their Gods, while Demons represent the Minor Aspects.

Good demons include Coranthiir's Demons of Healing, Vijer's Demons of Peace, and Radan's Demons of Love. Evil angels include Darshendros and his Angels of Blasphemy (Unholy), Sanoci's Angels of Violence, and Uayli's Plague Angels (Disease).

While it is certainly true that there are many Demonborn who come from evil gods, and who outnumber the Demonborn from the good gods, it's sort of a bad stereotype that Demonborn = automatically evil. Not that it stops many people from automatically assuming demonborn are evil, mind you.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An Adventurer OOC: Beta Party has 2 slots open!
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2013, 05:39:47 pm »

It's quite obvious from the list of domains.

Tarana is used to unjust treatment and that's much easier for her to accept "demonborns are immoral" stereotype than trying to prove that this is a wrong assumption.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »

So, in beta party we currently have an earth elemental tanky guy and a long-range protagonist dude. Would you prefer I edit my first post with my character sheet, or just post it round here?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »

In order to find beta party profiles, I'm gonna search the thread for "beta". Just put that in your profile post and I'll find it. :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »

Also, yes I just gotyernosed a duke.
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2013, 10:28:42 pm »

Part of the reason I am slow to reply is because I'm not entirely sure how he'd react. xD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 332