Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cant get yarn cloth  (Read 1008 times)

pR1sm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
cant get yarn cloth
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:39:41 am »

good day everybody,

so one of my dorfs had a fey mood 3 hours ago, i checked what he needed via df hack since he wasnt starting and it turned out he needs yarn cloth. nice. of course i dont have any llamas, sheep or anything else that could produce that. last caravan just left. so i turned to google for help and searched for some work arounds to get yarn. nothing worked so far and now I am slowly getting into a fey mood <.<

does anyone know how to get some yarn cloth? at this point im willing to do any dirty trick humanly possible....

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: cant get yarn cloth
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:04:32 pm »

dfhack has the possibility to change the material of items, such as plant cloth to wool cloth (and more drastic too)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

pR1sm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »

dfhack has the possibility to change the material of items, such as plant cloth to wool cloth (and more drastic too)

do you happen to know the exact command?

i've managed to produce some sheep wool however the dwarfs dont react to it. no, its not forbidden :/

EDIT: managed to change some cloth to wool cloth. big thanks for the suggestion :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:30:28 pm by pR1sm »

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 12:29:34 pm »

Did you create the cloth from the wool after you sheared the animal? You need to follow this through:

Hairy sheep --(shear at farmer's workshop with shearing labour or butcher at butcher's shop with butchery labour)--> wool --(spin at farmer's workshop with spinning labour)--> yarn --(weave at loom with weaving labour - may be automatic depending on your standing orders)--> cloth