Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ???? design bureau  (Read 2898 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: ???? design bureau
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:24 am »

We are the Geistiges, a family that has been the leading family in Kron thanks to its leading of Kron's scientific and intellectual industries since ancient times. Today, the Geistiges control almost all intellectuals in the country, as they own and control all education in Kron. their chokehold on education has also allowed them to easily take over many industries heavily dependent on engineers and scientists, such as the explosives, airship, and automobile industries. The Geistiges tend to use their profits from these endeavours to further invest in scientific endeavors, leading to them having a monopoly on most modern technology, as well.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 01:27:18 pm »

Heavy industry was always a boon of the Vincent family. Well, heavy industry and a carelessness regarding other's well being. From a single mine with horrendous safety record (though at a time when noone even knew what safety record meant) they took over nearly 45% of the countries' mining sector, 60% of the heavy industry and one of the highest land possessions. The family is huge and diverse, with about a hundred different (important) members of this generation, but all of them are under Paul Vincent's thumb, who acts as the mighty and feared patriarch. The family provided three of the last ten presidents, four high judges, dozens of secretary posts and a metal-working artist.

With the currently deteriorating health of Paul Vincent, several family members have been instructed to begin the expansion into yet another profitable enterprise: Military manufacturing.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

The military officer has been the home of the Stanwell family for the last few hundred years.
with so many family members in the army, the Stanwell have grown rich by both looting and corruption.
How ever the new head of the Stanwells is aware that much greater profit lies not mispaceing some new boots but in producing such supply.

As such the Stanwells have run most of the caning plants on the island along with a profitable gin, and boot factorys.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:22:55 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:05 pm »

How much control do we have over the military? If we can change policy, institute a branch of discipline officers outside the chain of command and attach them at the battalion level. Their primary tasks will be dealing with criminal activity inside their unit (especially corruption) and upholding morale.
If we really control a family, we might be able to field a private army. It would only be guards for our own property, but if we can get them in a position to be the heroes who saved our country, then they might be able to replace much of the military's command structure...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:51 am »

How much control do we have over the military? If we can change policy, institute a branch of discipline officers outside the chain of command and attach them at the battalion level. Their primary tasks will be dealing with criminal activity inside their unit (especially corruption) and upholding morale.
If we really control a family, we might be able to field a private army. It would only be guards for our own property, but if we can get them in a position to be the heroes who saved our country, then they might be able to replace much of the military's command structure...
This.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 09:34:12 am »

Would it not be better for the nation to elect officers based on merit? Rather then because they used to work for us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 09:44:49 am »

Would it not be better for the nation to elect officers based on merit? Rather then because they used to work for us.
The entire officer corps is highly corrupted. I suppose that includes the HR guys, so well, we can't trust them. Need to sweep all of them away at once.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

Then we interview and choose ourself, starting with the sergeants. They are always good.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 10:00:37 am »

Sadly, we're not in charge of the army.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:19 am »

But we do have some influence to push reforms in.

No sense replacing the command with house guards they couldn't handle it without help.

So we need to reform the whole thing and maybe use our guards as sergeants, lieutenants and captains.
High enough for some control but low enough not to overwhelm them while they learn.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:31 am »

Other families can have different view on your plans to get control on the whole army and on the idea to create your own, government independent, mercenary force...

Also, GM plans to run a game about designing new weapons, not intrigue simulator

Back on topic. proposals are fun and quite different. Some are owerpowered but that's solvable. I'll wait for more ideas before updating
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 10:56:01 am »

Can we get an inventory of current equipment and its tech level and effectiveness?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 09:47:57 pm »

ptw
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 12:07:02 am »

BTW, sorry for the delay, don't think that it is abandoned, I am determined to get that going
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:53 am »

With hopes for this not being abandoned, *bump*.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4