Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't dump wagon wood?  (Read 889 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Can't dump wagon wood?
« on: May 19, 2013, 01:17:56 am »

I started a huge clean, to get all the loose items off the map. I created a massive stockpile that accepts basically everything (except refuse and basic stones). In checking the map for any stray items I noticed wagon wood didn't get picked up. i found out that it does not have a stockpile entry. So I set it to dump. No job is generated for this.

Additionally I had 3 large gems and a figurine in a pit (Accessible via ramp) that weren't generating jobs to be hauled. I left them a long time, kept checking the job screen, nada. Room on the stockpile for them. And figurines and gems are accepted.

i tried dumping them once, but they never got dumped..so I cancelled that..and left them awhile and tried dumping again and this time they're being dumped. Not sure if they'll go to stockpile from the dump or not.

Anyway to get rid of the wagon wood, or should I just hope a thief takes it?

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Can't dump wagon wood?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:52:43 am »

Did you make sure you have a Dump zone instead of a stockpile?

If all else fails, there's always magma.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:17:18 am »

Did you make sure you have a Dump zone instead of a stockpile?

If all else fails, there's always magma.

Yes. I have a dump zone. They've been dumping all kinds of stuff there. I've been noticing in this latest fort that dwarves don't seem to be generating/doing jobs as quickly as they once did. things are often left to languish despite them being perfectly capable of doing some time later on.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:49:55 am »

Turn on "dwarfs gather refuse from outside" under (o)rders.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 08:36:46 am »

outside refuse? you mean wagon wood is tecnically a corpse?

that's odd, but understandable in retrospect, since wagon wood comes from "dead" wagons, and wagons are a "creature" because the moving machinery code isnt ready

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:41:08 am »

It also happens with stone and pretty much anything marked for dumping.  It's refuse because you marked it for dumping in a garbage zone.

I discovered this when I channeled out an outdoor farming room, then tried to dump the stone produced.  Haven't used the dump command since minecarts came out though.  Minecart quantum stockpiles all the time now. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:46:23 am by kingubu »

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »

You could also mod wagons to drop real wood if you fancy, taken I think from Modest Mod. Replace your creature_equipment.txt with this:

Code: [Select]
creature_equipment

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:EQUIPMENT_WAGON]
[DESCRIPTION:A rolling platform for carrying passengers or cargo.]
[NAME:wagon:wagons:wagon]
[CASTE_NAME:wagon:wagons:wagon]
[CREATURE_TILE:'W'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[EQUIPMENT_WAGON][COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[BODY:WAGON]

---- changes by Igfig ----

[CASTE:OAK]
[TISSUE:WOOD]
[TISSUE_NAME:wood:wooden]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD]
[ITEMCORPSE:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD]
[CASTE:MAPLE]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:MAPLE:WOOD]
[ITEMCORPSE:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MAPLE:WOOD]
[CASTE:CHESTNUT]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:PLANT_MAT:CHESTNUT:WOOD]
[ITEMCORPSE:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:CHESTNUT:WOOD]

hickory and elm are also good wagon materials, but not in the game

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

---- end changes ----

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:WOOD]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:12000]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[TRADE_CAPACITY:15000]
[MUNDANE]

elm, hickory, poplar, walnut, sycamore

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:53:55 pm »

anything you set to be dumped is automatically considered refuse of some kind, so for things from outside to be dumped you need to have refuse hauling from outside on

on the large gems; large gems are a bit of an oddity and tend not to get hauled at all, or at least with great difficulty, nothing new there. I think they're some kind of masterwork gem, but they don't have any kind of use
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

anything you set to be dumped is automatically considered refuse of some kind, so for things from outside to be dumped you need to have refuse hauling from outside on

on the large gems; large gems are a bit of an oddity and tend not to get hauled at all, or at least with great difficulty, nothing new there. I think they're some kind of masterwork gem, but they don't have any kind of use
Large gems are technically crafts.  So yeah they are really fairly useless except for trading
Nom nom nom

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is wasted on the living.
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 12:05:54 pm »

Check to see if the wood is set as forbidden and if the dwarves can actually reach the wood. Otherwise I don't know what you could do.
A large mammalian herbivore. It has long fur and curving horns. It can be found it the mountains.
Her right floating ribs are broken. Her nose is broken. her head is dented. She is gigantic and muscular. Her hair is white. her skin is pale chestnut. Her head bears a very short straight scar. Her eyes are black. Her teeth is gone