Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Delightfuldoom, AKA, Lets play Masterwork without reading anything about it.  (Read 1330 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Right. I am Werty892, and I have come to FUCK UP HORRIBLY. MULTIPLE TIMES. I will be playing the Masterwork mod, and I WILL NOT READ THE WIKI, MANUALS, OR LISTEN TO ANY OF YOUR ADVICE. The last bit is the important part.
!!DO NOT POST ANY TIPS IN THIS THREAD!!
Feel free to call me a noob in other threads. Now, lets get to work.
In the year of 160, at the start of what historians would later dub the "Golden Age" A small party of 7 dwarfs left the Mountainhomes to found a new settlement for the glory of all Dwarfkind... This is there tale...
Spoiler: Site. (click to show/hide)

"Right, this looks like the site!" Shouted Werty from the top of the wagon.

"Fucking finally" Muttered Avalanche, as he stoped guiding the wagon up the steep hill. It had been several days that they have had to guide the wagon up and down hills in this heat, and he wanted to stop, dig a hole, and drink his liver out.

Werty continued to pour over his maps. "The Lovely hills... Right, this all checks out. Park the wagon. And start unpacking!"

"Oi! Whats the name of this settlement!" Shouted Boot from inside the wagon.

"The Liaslon said not to look at it until we got here" Said Scorpion.

"Well we are here DUMBASS!" Boot Yelled at him.

"It's in here somewhere..." muttered Werty looking through his box of papers "Ah! let me open this letter and....DELIGHTFULDOOM??!"
Spoiler: Embark Screen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: We are here. IN HELL. (click to show/hide)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Feel free to ask for a Dwarf, any dwarf but Werty may be requested. Here are the ones we have now.
I am relatively experienced in regular Dwarf fortress, I have made a few forts that did not instantly explode. One even managed to last 2 years! So yeah, this is going to be !!FUN!! Lets do it!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ill take bridge talonchamber.
theses guys do have great names.
you shoul base the names of your squads on them

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

This does indeed seem like fun, I shall be watching this.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

mkmr

• Bay Watcher
  • [INCOMPETENT]
    • View Profile

So, just to be clear, is this a community fortress where we'll watch you screw up horribly have some fun?

If so, I'd like to claim Scorpion Meanderflag

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

So, just to be clear, is this a community fortress where we'll watch you screw up horribly have some fun?

If so, I'd like to claim Scorpion Meanderflag
Indeed it is. As I stated, I will not read any of the manuals, consult the wiki, or listen to any advice during this community fort. It will be !!FUN!!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

How about me as Floor Sheenterror?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Right. Update coming along.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Double post for the win!

Anyways, we have made progress in construction, which I will exhibit in screenshots.

Spoiler: Main Level. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farms. (click to show/hide)

Future updates will have more detail, I just did not have much time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Is this dead?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

Is this dead?
I just found out about this thread, thinking it was new and I could join sometime. Crap.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"