Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheelbarrows, Stairs, and Hatches (spoilers)  (Read 333 times)

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
Wheelbarrows, Stairs, and Hatches (spoilers)
« on: May 17, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »

May have found a small issue with wheelbarrows and hatches.

Background: Dug out fortress and dug deep. Found Candy but didn't open the HFS yet. now due to the construction of the depths the path from the Candy to my main fort goes up a flight of stairs with a set of hatches covering the lower areas, this was prepared incase of accidental breach.

Everything above the hatches moves nice, but the Candy is not going to the pile I have designated in the main fort.

going to link up these hatches to a lever and see if that helps if there not in the closed state.
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

Hurkyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wheelbarrows, Stairs, and Hatches (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »

Many of these questions are silly. But I'm guessing one isn't!

• You mean the candy is not being hauled? Or that it's going to the wrong stockpile?
  • Have you actually mined some of the candy?
  • It is a stone stockpile you've created for it?
  • Is there room in the stockpile?
  • Are your dwarves just busy doing other things, so there's nobody available to haul stones?
  • Is the only wheelbarrow to the stockpile busy being used to haul other stones that are enabled in the stock pile?
  • Is candy actually being hauled, just at a slow rate because you just have the one wheelbarrow enabled?
  • Do you have stone hauling enabled on your dwarves?
  • Are your haulers restricted to a burrow excluding the candy and/or stockpile?

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 04:32:26 pm »

ok update

Fixed up a lever to attach and then watched a hauler drive a wheelbarrow through the hatch before I could attach it.  ???

checked the stockpile and its set for haul with 1 wheelbarrow. checked the jobs list and saw NO JOBS for hauling to this stockpile.
plenty of haulers though.

now this stockpile was irregular in shape as I had edited it for future placement of a craftshop.

erased stockpile and reset to haul only Candy. wait couple ticks and saw jobs in screen for the new stockpile.

edited stockpile some and lost those jobs somehow. not sure if it was the irregular shape or what.

reset stockpile again and prefabbed it to a small square just to be safe, then edited to pull only candy with one wheelbarrow.
seems to be working.

not shure if this is a bug or glitch, will try to reproduce with other stockpiles.

thanks for the help Hurkyl.
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:59 pm »

You can have up to three wheelbarrows per stockpile. For Adamentine, you might just set them to 0, because it's light, and it means more dwarves will get haul jobs.