Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: What if Michelle Bachmann were president?  (Read 18043 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: What if we all woke up tomorrow and it was 1993?
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2013, 06:58:22 pm »

I'm surprised nobody has answered the thread's question yet.

It wouldn't be tomorrow.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »

Think it's time to change the topic to a new hypothetical. Suggestions?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

What if we all woke up tomorrow and it was 1993... for the third time? You've lived forty years in this time loop. You didn't manage to escape it the second time you went through, and now you're getting pretty old. You only want to see 2014 before you die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »

What if we all woke up tomorrow and it was 1993... for the third time? You've lived forty years in this time loop. You didn't manage to escape it the second time you went through, and now you're getting pretty old. You only want to see 2014 before you die.
Gather together three of my closest friends, grab some shiny rocks, and defeat Chaos.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »

Build a wristwatch hooked up to a car battery that administers an electric shock ranging at random from 'painful' to 'paralyzing' every 15 minutes, and try to stay awake for the next 8 months on a combination of caffeine and amphetamines.

Alternatively, use your knowledge of the stock market and future tech to buy a spacecraft (bonus points if its fuel is liquefied $100 bills) that hurtles you into the sun the night of May 18th (or whenever). Maybe it'll give Ra a chuckle and he'll let you wake up, or something. Worth a shot.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »

Easy. Save up money continuously, bringing back more and more money each time, and then fund time-travel, handing whatever the previous guys figured out to the next guy (or the SAME guy, as the case may be).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2013, 12:10:08 am »

Devise a way to force people into time loops against their wills.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2013, 03:07:01 am »

I would do one of two things-
1.  Kill my parents and try to take down the universe with me as I destroy the space time continuum
2.  Make a killing in the video game industry. "I have come up with an excellent. Idea.  Imagine it- You're playing from the first person perspective.  It is all gritty and dark.  You shoot aliens/terrorist/russians.  There are lots of cutscenes where they take control from you and force an event that you could of easily prevented from happening to happen, only it's not a cutscene because the developers don't want to railroad you.  We'll make billions!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2013, 07:04:16 pm »

I would do one of two things-
1.  Kill my parents and try to take down the universe with me as I destroy the space time continuum
2.  Make a killing in the video game industry. "I have come up with an excellent. Idea.  Imagine it- You're playing from the first person perspective.  It is all gritty and dark.  You shoot aliens/terrorist/russians.  There are lots of cutscenes where they take control from you and force an event that you could of easily prevented from happening to happen, only it's not a cutscene because the developers don't want to railroad you.  We'll make billions!
Don't forget always online PPM with added DLCs and terible lighting with a total substitution of content with high definition disappointme-OH

IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

Devise a way to force people into time loops against their wills.

Expected results for a 100 year groundhog day scenario (on an equivalent day, created if need be) on all of humanity?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2013, 12:45:37 pm »

i declare that we need a new question for this thread!!!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: What if Michelle Bachmann were president?
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2013, 01:58:16 pm »

Done.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »

You....

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2013, 03:00:02 pm »

Poor Bachman. Now She's just a nobody. A hot, crazy sounding nobody who gets invited to speak periodically at events and eventually gets her own show/radio/webcast.

AS for president? Start by saving us from the Tyranny of Light-bulb efficiency stadards.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2013, 03:35:05 pm »

The republican congress would be able to pass whatever batshit stuff they want, and we'd get a democrat in office in four years, or eight if it takes a while to sink in (or a change in congress). I guess we'd get more stuff done, but I can't imagine it being a good thing. At least she'd probably make it legal for me to own an aircraft carrier in our local reservoir, for self defense and hunting.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11