Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 46723 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

"I like how you think Ochita. We are the guard, so we have to make an example of ourselves to the people, since they look up to us as role models. I know I did when I was young, after all.

And yes, we're going to the blockhouse, but first, I want to talk to Grum P. about this unknown region of the map. Maybe he knows something?"

Go talk to Grum P. about the unnamed part of the map and see if he knows anything. Then head onward to the blockhouse!

Teressa visits Grum P. one more time as the rest of the team plots out their mission plan. The village elder barely makes his way out of the Council (which seems to just be the name he gives his house). His grey petals perk up.

: "Glad to see you dealt with the Fuzzies, finally."

Teressa asks him about the new sections on the map. He bends down to see more clearly.

: "Mmm. That cave's creatures are very dangerous. It leads around the river, but there's entrances to the underground tunnel system the different Kingdoms used to use to send spies. I don't think it's much used anymore. At least, not around here."

After tentative good-byes are exchanged, the armored girl heads back to the main group. It looks like they've decided on the Boggly Blockhouse. It's going to be a little bit of a trek, so they set off immediately.

~One appropriate scene change later...~

As soon as the group sets foot in the Boggly Bog, the thick mist blurs their vision. Inezach steps in something sticky and notices it's a pool of gooey green liquid. Due to the coloring of the Bog's grass, it's difficult to tell the ground from a pool of dirty goop, so the group uses extra caution in case the goop is actually quicksand-esque quickgoop. It wouldn't be the craziest thing they'd seen today.

With every step, the fog seems to pulse in and out, distinct shapes and haunting moans filling the Royal Guard's eyes and ears. Every once in a while, one of them sees a Fuzzy or a Boo shape in one of the pitch-black, lit-up trees, but when they point and turn, nothing is there. Still, the feeling of being watched is ever-present.

Merely relying on the Magic Map and their own intuition, they finally make out a very large, grey building in the distance. The Boggly Bog's mist seems to wrap around the building and, as they approach it, the thick cover of blackened trees thins out. Boothany and Tanky, taking advantage of their small statures, approach the Blockhouse discretely. They see something near the front of it.

The Green Fuzzy warned them, but they are still surprised by what they see: a huge, huge, HUGE mass of writhing, jumping, yelling Fuzzies guards the entrance to the Boggly Blockhouse, each piled up on another until it is impossible to track a single critter by eye alone. As a sort of cosmic joke - the kind Lady Fate likes to pull - the Mushroom Kingdom flag, though torn, still blows in the faint evening breeze atop the keep. Great, NOW how are they going to get into the old Embassy?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:09:09 pm by freeformschooler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »

"Well. F***."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2013, 10:25:35 pm »

"My sentiments exactly. Damn, that's a lot of fuzzy's."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2013, 12:23:01 am »

Boothany silently floated back to the group, sharing the news.

"Oh dear. Yes. LOTS.

Um...I'm pretty sure I could fly over the fuzzies and look for a different way, maybe on the roof. I can sneak in places...maybe find some help. Or talk to Boogly. He's still got the mushroom kingdom flag up there, which is a good sign right?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32:21 am »

Action: Boothany, taking heart, decides to scout all around the blockhouse looking for an alternate route in-perhaps a boo only route? She keeps in the mists, away from the ground and trees attempting boo-stealth. If any Fuzzies spot her and give chase, well, she's alot faster than them and has the unrelenting endurance of the undead.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:35:08 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22:02 am »

Inezach stops and stares at the mass of fuzzies.

"I suppose I could get their attention and run away, draw them off... On second thought I don't like that idea. Think we can just talk it out with them? Personally, I vote we send Boothany as a mediator, and have her just stay out of their reach."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:19 am »

Ochita looks in disbelief. This would be impossible for just... Just about anyone. Still, she couldn't be daunted.. Right?  Apon hearing the suggestion to send boothany alone, she shook her head.

: "If Boothany is going, then I'll join her in mediating. I don't know though. Maybe we can trick the fuzzys?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2013, 10:12:38 am »

"F-f-f-fuzzies are afraid of fire, I think. Remember how scared those others ones were...m-m-m-maybe we could make a big fire and scare them all away!" Boothany suggested.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

Action: Boothany, taking heart, decides to scout all around the blockhouse looking for an alternate route in-perhaps a boo only route? She keeps in the mists, away from the ground and trees attempting boo-stealth. If any Fuzzies spot her and give chase, well, she's alot faster than them and has the unrelenting endurance of the undead.

Boothany floats up into the evening sky, away from the reach of any stray jumping Fuzzies. Even from a short distance, she can tell there aren't any additional entrances on the front of the castle, so that's a no-go. The swashbuckling boo girl floats up around the side of the Blockhouse, hugging the wall as she goes. The old stone it's built with is awfully cold to the touch.

She makes her way around the side of the Blockhouse. It's a lot larger than it looks from where the rest of the team is still standing. No secret exits, no special Boo doors. A little disappointed, she then flies over to the very back of the Blockhouse. It looks to be about the same at first, but Bethany spies something: a little glass window, just big enough for a largeish Boo or smallish Human to fit in, is embedded in the back of the Blockhouse about twenty feet off the ground.

Boothany prepares to either peer in or go get her teammates or some similar thing when the door/window flies open. Only the deep blackness of a haunted house can be seen inside. She hears a voice.

"Just like old times."

Unfortunately, the voice might as well be disembodied. She can't figure out where it came from.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:55:06 am by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2013, 11:15:50 am »

Against her better judgement, Boothany decided to go for it. She mentally psyched herself up with the fact that it was probably much more dangerous outside than inside.

And, did that voice sound familiar?

Action: Investigate the dark door/window!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2013, 12:27:26 pm »

Against her better judgement, Boothany decided to go for it. She mentally psyched herself up with the fact that it was probably much more dangerous outside than inside.

And, did that voice sound familiar?

Action: Investigate the dark door/window!

Boothany heads through the now-open glassy entrance and finds herself in a large, dusty green room. Interestingly, the mist does not enter along with her. The only thing clouding her vision is the darkness of the Blockhouse.

Decaying war tools - a dead fire flower here, a broken spear there - litter the floor here. On one side of the room, she sees a large ladder leading down to a lower floor. Interestingly, the ladder itself is in good shape. On the opposite side of the room, she notices her childhood friend bathing in scant torchlight despite his ghostly nature. The same one whose quest inspired her to take up her own.

: "Looking great, Beth. A bona fide adventurer."

He folds his stubby Boo arms.

: "Hate to ruin the fun, but you're gonna need a different way in if you wanna bring your friends. Really wish I thought to bring twenty feet or so of rope, but eh."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:45:41 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »

Ochita paced around, looking unhappy about boothany being gone.

: "So I guess all that we can do is just sit and wait?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »

Boothany adjusted her headgear, almost feeling as it was the first time.

Bailey Boo! Her old friend...

"Booiley?

What are YOU doing here!"
She says in an exclamatory fashion, not sure to welcome him or keep her distance. He didn't seem different, no...he was always sort of scary himself...maybe that's why he didn't seem to be scared of anything else...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »

"Booiley?

What are YOU doing here!"
She says in an exclamatory fashion, not sure to welcome him or keep her distance. He didn't seem different, no...he was always sort of scary himself...maybe that's why he didn't seem to be scared of anything else...

Booiley laughs. It's actually a lot like Boothany's own signature laugh, but a little deeper and less Boo-y.

: "You mean you don't know? Where have you been today?"

He points upward. Presumably, he's pointing to the sky, but they only have the ceiling above them.

: "The entire continent's in an arms race. I'm hearing things from my friends: vast fleets of foreign skyships called in, Bullet Bills merely ricocheting off the barrier around King Bowser's air fortress. The Mushroom Kingdom has no idea how to deal with this."

Booiley floats toward the stairs.

: "See, that's where people like you and I come in, Beth. I caught word the Boggly Boo has been trying to find some kind of incredibly powerful weapon around here. Maybe even something powerful enough to help. Bring your friends if you want, but I gotta hunt this lead."

With that, the boo boy disappears down the dark staircase, leaving Bethany on her own. Again...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2013, 01:29:56 pm »

Bethany Boo didn't know what to do this about predicament, so she almost floated back through the window...

Of course, she wasn't exactly sure how to get the rest of them inside still...though she had an idea...

Something drew her eyes Northward, though. That wall looked off. And she had bombs now. Working bombs.

She smiled in a sinister (for her) fashion, drawing a small white spherical explosive that looked like a miniature Boothany, complete with a painted face-a smile and tiny fangs.

Action: Throw a boo-bomb at that cracked wall to the North! ((lol))

Then, Float back to friends, tell whole story-assuming nothing else happened when I did so.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23