Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 46685 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 11:50:37 am »

Move 8,6 and blast the Goomba Mage. "Shooting time!"

"Ya think ya can take me with your lil' Snifit bullets? I got the Void on my side! Just try!"

Tanky runs up in front of Inezach and inhales. He's knocked back by the force of an exhaled bullet flying toward the Goomba Mage. A quick flash of dark purple appears around the Goomba Mage, and Tanky's iron ball is deflected, bouncing off through one of the windows already broke by escaping Toads.

Quote from: Tanky vs Goomba Mage
Type disadvantage: Pure vs Void!
Hit%: 100-30-4=66. Hit roll: 92, miss!

IF Goomba Mage still lives after that, move 4 north, 1 east, 1 North and Slash Goomba Mage.

Go after Tanky but before Tere.

Bethany, noticing the Goomba Mage is still an imminent threat to her friends, moves past her allies and flies over the wall to the raised area, ending up beside the shroom magi. She pulls out her foggy Booblades and starts a slashing assault. One blade strike is enough to rend the Goomba Mage in two. After the gruesome attack, the Goomba Mage disappears into the Void with a "pop!"

Quote from: Bethany vs Goomba Mage
Hit%: 100+10-4=Autohit!
Goomba Mage takes 3+4+1-3=5 damage!

If the goomba mage is slain, then move up to take it's place and attack Kammy! Otherwise, move to 8,7.

Finally, seeing an opportunity, Teressa moves up beside Kammy and swings her large blade, surprising the Magikoopa commander with her ferocity. Kammy falls off her broomstick and lands on the floor, dazed by the assault.

: "Ack-ack-ack-"

Quote from: Teressa vs Kammy
Hit%: 100-5-4=91. Hit roll: 36, hit!
Kammy takes 6+8+1-8=7 damage!
Kammy is Grounded (1/1)!

: "Hm-hm. Have at you."

Commander Toadsworth raises his Royal Rapier and steps back. A glimmer of light flashes from the tip of the Toad's blade. Toadsworth chuckles and dashes toward Goomba B, puncturing him with a flurry of vicious, lightning-fast blows. The Goomba falls backwards and explodes in a puff of smoke.

: "That's how it's done, troops, yes yes!"

Quote from: Toadsworth vs Goomba B
Hit%: 100-15-3=82. Hit roll: 53, hit!
Heroic Hit roll: 9. HEROIC HIT!
(8+8)*2-2=30 damage!

~Enemy Phase 2~

: "That hurt, you little twerp! I'll get you back! Goombas, CHARGE!"

Kammy builds up a Void Sphere, but even she looks amazed by the size of the dark orb. The spell quickly grows out of control, flying toward Teressa and out of Kammy's hands. An enormous rumble shakes the castle as Teressa is blasted by an explosion of pure darkness. The warrior-girl falls back onto her own armor with a *clang*. Afterward, Kammy dodges away toward the leftmost window.

Quote from: Kammy vs Teressa
Hit%: 100-20-6=74. Hit roll: 74, hit! //Ahahahahaha just how HIHG do you have to BE to roll exactly this
Heroic Hit roll: 5. HEROIC HIT! //oh SHIT
Teressa takes (4+8)*2 - 5 = 19 damage!

Meanwhile, the remaining Goombas move to block the Guard's slow advance. Both of them pile onto Boothany in an attempt to prevent her further advance. One misses the Boo and falls on its face. The other strikes her, but the attack mostly glances off.

Quote from: Goomba A vs Bethany
Type disadvantage: Crush vs Slash!
Hit%: 100-30-10=60. Hit roll: 81, miss!

Quote from: Goomba C vs Bethany
Type disadvantage: Crush vs Slash!
Hit%: 100-30-10=60. Hit roll: 9, hit!
Bethany takes 9-5=4 damage!

~Player Phase 3~

The sound of crashing glass and a few piercing shrieks can be heard from the private section behind the door.

Spoiler: HP/SP/CT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:00:30 pm by freeformschooler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »

Vilhelmas watches as the absurdly powerful spell takes down Teressa. With a curse, he mentally re-evaluates the mage's threat level, runs over and swings at her with his mace.
"Whoa! SHE'S more of a threat than I banked on!"
Move to 5,3 and attack Kammy.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 01:00:39 pm »

"I never said I would take you down with it, distracting? Maybe!"

Move 7,3 and shoot Goomba A.

"And here we go again!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 03:04:42 pm »

Ochita stared in shock at Teressa, before slowly turning towards Kammy, anger very evident on her face.

: "H.. How dare you, you're not gonna get away!"

However, seeing Vil rush towards the mage, she shook her head, and focused her efforts at the goombas.

Up 2, Right 1, Aqua sphere goomba C!
: "Toadstool, go for the one by the door!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:18:49 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 03:07:55 pm »

"...Oh no!" Boothany cried, lashing out at the Goomba! They had to defeat the enemies and get Tere help!

Action: Double Booblades on Goomba A! Move one south afterwards. Attack before Tanky.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:44:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 12:35:21 pm »

Bethany Boo, still in position next to Goombas A and C, makes two ghastly swipes with her Booblades aimed at the topmost Goomba. Her second strike sends Goomba A ricocheting off the wall and flying through the rightmost window.

Quote from: Bethany vs Goomba A
Hit%: 100+10-3=107, autohit!
Goomba A takes 3+4+2-2=7 damage!
Hit%: 100+10-3=107, autohit!
Heroic Hit roll: 9. HEROIC HIT!
Goomba A takes (3+4+2)-2=16 damage!

Vilhelmas struts over to Kammy Koopa and brings his mace crashing down on the grounded Magikoopa. Kammy shrieks in pain then falls over, unconscious.

: "ACK-ACK-ACK!"

Quote from: Vilhelmas vs Kammy
Hit%: 100-15-4=81. Hit roll: 45, hit!
Kammy takes 6+9+1-4=12 damage.

Ochita runs past Toadsworth and toward Goomba C, preparing a quick Aqua Sphere which he hurls at the shroom warrior.

Quote from: Ochita vs Goomba C
Hit%: 100-3=97. Hit roll: 24, hit!
Goomba C takes 4+6+1-7=4 damage!
Goomba C is Slowed (3/3).

Move 7,3 and shoot Goomba A.

"And here we go again!"

Tanky runs over to 7,3 but Goomba A is already defeated. Bethany sure can handle herself.

: "Come now. Clean-up time, yes?"

Toadsworth moves to the spot Bethany evacuated and raises his rapier. Goomba C trembles in terror, realizes he's the last one alive. The Commander-in-chief assaults the last Goomba and it bursts into a puff of smoke.

"Eeeeep!

Quote from: Toadsworth vs Goomba C
Hit%: 100-15-3=82. Hit roll: 57, hit!
Goomba C takes 8+8-2=14 damage!

~Prologue complete!~

: "Magnificent work, everyone. Quickly, hold the line - I will check through the door."

After waiting a moment, Toadsworth comes running back out toward the Royal Guard. Teressa manages to wake up, dazed, just as he starts shouting.

: "Ye gods, THEY'RE ALL GONE! Quickly, we must check the roof! If my fears are right..."

The Royal Guard burst through the private room, head to the back and ascend a tall wooden ladder. As they run through, signs of a struggle are scattered about. Blood, broken glass and rope are scattered around the back of the castle.

~Moments later...~

: "Huff... huff... huff..."

: "HRAGH-HRAGH-HRAGH! Look who Kammy dragged in: the most annoying pair of plumbers in the universe and their bright-eyed army. Oh, no, are you going to STOMP me? No, Mario, have mercy!"

King Bowser takes a step forward.

: "But my distraction worked, 'cause you hair-noses got distracted. The Princess is safe on my airship. You know what that means? THIS CASTLE IS MINE! What? You wanna do something about it? Just TRY!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:25:57 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 01:06:02 pm »

Ochita looked at bowser, then at mario and his brother, still breathing slightly from the exertion of running across the Tower. She took a step back, The legendary heroes of the mushroom kingdom, and the Almost legendary villain, who's captured peach. This is not looking good.. She shook off her fears, and shouted, her voice tinted heavily with hesitation and fear.

: "G.. Give back the princess!"
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:04 pm »

"D..d..does this mean we work for Bowser now?" Boothany asked solicitously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 04:54:00 pm »

Ochita slowly turned her head to look at Boothany, fear temporarily gone from her voice.

: "I... Don't.. Think so. I mean I've never heard of princess ownership extending to castle ownership."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »

Boothany pulls out her handy contract, all in ghost-proof ink. It spilled out onto the floor, several pages long.

"...it says here The Mushroom Kingdom is ruled as a constitutional monarchy by a figurehead of state known collectively as 'Princess', who operates with the confines of the Mushroom Kingdom universal rights act of 1985 (as coined in Peaches famous 'a 1-up mushroom in every pot' speech) in regards to governance.

Moving on...Hammer Bros in the workplace...Koopa Girls, Shellproofing and you: Cover your shame...edicts on illegal Piranha plant cultivation...Blah, blah, blah...boo, boo, boo...

...In the absence or death or banishment of a ruling royal family member leaving the Government without a clear heir or chain of succession (this is underlined several times) due to a possible future unspecified giant reptilian threat...an emergency convention of the leaders of the seven largest and most influential cities and districts in the Kingdom-currently defined (as of last years census) as Toad Town, Starborn Valley, Mushroom City, Rogueport, Glitzville, Poshville Heights and Forever forest (approval pending)-can assign laws and edicts until, and I quote 'this all blows over'. We should continue to serve in our duties as guards using any and all means available to us to resist the threats up to and including bom-ombs, squashing, fireballs, Yoshi tactical ingestion, cape spins, POW Blocks, super stars, bottomless pits, and recovered enemy munitions (Read subsection A11 regarding 'War is a Blue Shell')...normal sentient being warfare restrictions on enemy combatants are temporarily suspended-heyo!-but the military chain of command stays intact, and can in fact override any decisions made by the council for the duration of the emergency...sounds sort of absolute, doesn't it...I think Toadsworth is now in charge of the castle, anyway...

I believe this means we've technically been drafted as emergency Militia for the duration of emergency and had our scope of operations widely increased-they don't even have to pay us anymore, what? ...I can't tell if Mario and Luigi are considered generals, special forces soldiers or 'Heroes' (a legally undefined term) but it also says-again I quote-'Let Mario and Luigi handle everything. Just stand somewhere in the back and cheer.'

And, if they happen to fail...it says we should um...follow our hearts? There's nothing after that! It doesn't say anything on the status of the castle...or the Princess...

What sort of Goomba wrote this?"

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:15:05 pm by Dwarmin »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »

"...Why don't we just see what the commander orders us to do?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:45 pm »

"...Why don't we just see what the commander orders us to do?"

"I agree! But I am quite sure I know what goes next. We will probably have to help them or something.."

The snifit gave a shrug and waited for the next order.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »

: "I... ..Oh right. The 1up mushroom in every pot speech, those were the times.. Although 1985? Surely you mean the year of 995AF, although Im a bit rusty on my legal documentus magic, so I could be wrong. However I see a flaw with these legal terms, and that is that princess peach was not killed or banished, she is merely kidnapped, I BELIEVE, that in this case.. Hold on a second."

Ochita pulls out a large leatherbound tome, arms straining to keep it held up, before opening it to a choice bookmark, of which there are several.

: "Well, I think in this case it skips the 7 towns clause, and instead moves directly to us using 'any means nessisary to aid the hero's, including use of but not limited to: Blue shells, Green shells, Red shells, Pow blocks, blah blah blah, any kind of sports gear (Tennis preferred), Star sprites, prettyyy much everything on your list. Military chain of command is in effect and any guards or other military units who "Feel the need to be a patriotic hero and save peach" do so on paid vacation. Ouch.

It also slightly goes into heroes as A: A person or persons who usually has some kind of unique talent or other force that compels them to save whoever is in distress, usually pretty well known. We can put mario and luigi under this. La de la de la.. More paper work... Ah, here we go. Short story: Maybe! Long story: Bowser doesn't own the castle until he decorates it to look like his own. I think."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »

Bethany floated over to Ochita, dragging the paper with her.

"I suppose 'in absence of' regarding the Princess is a fairly superfluous term...also, the year 1985 is classified actual universal time...a complicated way of determining time zones across, all the um 'alternate whatwheres and outheres', whatever those are...also, I think my contract was roughly translated from Sarasese, which may explain the errors.

Mine does say castle ownership is legally defined as 50% exterior and interior direction and a clearly visible battleflag flying full mast, which if removed is considered a surprise Coup Da Tat with optional Fireworks....King Bowser though, seems to have also won a ruling regarding the importing of hot lava and quartering of immigrant podobos a few years ago due to a workplace accident involving a bridge...which will all probably make it easier for him to control the castle..."
She scratched her non-existent chin.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 08:06:16 pm »

: "Hmmm... Yes, I see what you mean. I forgot about the alternate versions of years and calendars, a little bit silly of me, I'll admit. Oh and yes, Sarasese is somewhat of a finicky language to translate. Still, moving on to the main point, my own book seems to agree with this, although interior decoration needs to always have the feeling of being slapped onto the original scheme, ready to be removed at a moments time, although this only applys to villains taking control of otherwise known as good aligned castles, like ours.

Hmm, yes the flag is pretty well definied in my book, although fireworks are only acceptable on a date ending with.. 1, 3, or 6. I believe this was a point from one of the old kingdom treaties, after that minor skirmish ending in fireworks at about... ooooh... 875AF? A long time ago at any rate. And yes, lava importation, and podobo migration.. Yes, we could try using an old kingdom clause, that all lava importation must be processed and held for 2 days until its been shown to apply to regulations.. That being that its lava?"
Ochita scratched the side of her head in confusion.

: "Regardless, its not bowsers castle until hes imported the magma, and the podobos, and given it a 'make-over' both on the interior, and the exterior. Until then I believe that the castle falls to the next highest in command, AKA toadsworth. I think. Legal documentus magic can be fickle at times with how recent it all is."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23