Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC: Over and out  (Read 46668 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story IC/Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 10:11:53 pm »

Teressa was somewhat astounded by her companions, this was a time for ACTION, not legal discussions and debates! To her mind, things were both plain and simple: Her path was clear, her will was strong and her sword was sharp and ready. In reply to the infamous criminal, she replied by opening with a guards(wo)man classic:

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!!! You are under arrest, under the fllowing charges: Kidnapping, accessory to murder, assault, vandalism, disturbing the peace, theft, terrorism, resisting arrest and more in addition to crimes agains the crown and the kingdom! Surrender or we shall use force and decrease whatever mercy we have left for you!" As soon as she was done with her official statement, she promptly looked over at her two debating team members.

"You're both wrong. This has become a military matter and as such comes under wartime law, which states that a building, city or place of importance only falls under the ownership of an opposing force if said attacking force completely captures and eliminates or imprisons the previous owners of said property, and if not than it is in a contested state with ownership leaning towards the previous owners. Since we are still free and fighting, the castle is still in the ownership of the princess, which falls to the next in command if she should become indisposed. Which means the commander is currently the owner of the castle, pending the return of the princess."

Teressa proudly turns back to face bowser after this with a smug smile on her face and raises her sword.

"So there! You never owned the castle in the first place, and still don't! As for what we're going to do to you, well, that's up for the courts to decide but if I have a choice, it will be stuffing you like a trophy or mounting your head over a fireplace or failing that, making your privates into a purse so I can hit you over the head with it, you overgrown lizard!"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »

Inezach quickly decides that speaking Lawyer is not for him, and quickly moves to cover Mario's flank.
Zach moves to just northeast of Mario.

"I feel like there's another trap, here. You?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »

Vilhelmas looked to be astounded by how much everyone was talking in so short a time.
"How are you all even talking so much?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2013, 10:28:36 pm »

Ochita slowly raises her book as if wanting to point out an awkward fact.

: "It states that in the Amendment 24-j2, that person or persons skilled in law, as well as being a part of a military force, for example being the royal guard, can actually apply civilian law to situations that would otherwise be subject to military laws, if they deem it to be appropriate. Although..." Ochita stows the book away, and returns to a battle stance, before turning to look at bowser, confident grin on her face.

: "Civilian or Military, fact is, you're not getting this castle!"

Although after a second, she added "Well, uh unless I've missed something."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »

"No. He's not getting this castle. Now let's go beat him up. My purse needs replacing."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 10:57:38 pm »

: "Y, yes ma'am"
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »

: "Oh, I think I may settle this."

Toadsworth nods toward Ochita and Boothany. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a large scroll that could not possibly fit in there - or anywhere, for that matter, given his stature. He tips his spectacles and rolls it out in front of the group.

: "Here we go, lads. The Extra-military Provisionary Treatise for Proper Handling of Independent Nations (Excepting Head-stomping). Originally drafted in 987 A.F. during the second Mario Kart Grand Prix, just before Mario raced Bowser at Yoshi Falls."

: "Oh, good times. I still remember that funny blonde-haired guy giving us the middle glove compartment right before I sent him sailing off the side. Don't ya get nostalgic for those days once in a while, Mario?"

: "Wah-hoo!"

: "The Treatise sets terms such that, in an ambiguous political situation involving independent nations coughkoopakingdomcough, wartime alterations to legal subsidiaries will be frozen like a Freezy so as to, quote unquote, 'keep those jerkface meanies in Rogueport outta here.' Instead, chain of command will temporarily restructure dependent on which figures are most likely to be present in the castle at any given time. This sets the succession as follows:

Princess Peach Toadstool
Commander Glendale Toadsworth-"

: "Your name is Glendale? GWAHAHAHAHAH!"

: "Pardon, King, but I find that very rude! It was my uncle's name, passed on to me when they first found me as a wee sprout in the Royal Garden."

: "Oh, no. If we get into Toad reproduction again-"

: "-ANYWAY, the list goes on for some time. Er, Luigi, I'm sorry to say you seem to be several spots below Mario on here. Between you, we have Military Technodeveloper E. Gadd and - Tayce. T, the Royal Chef!? Er, perhaps this treatise might not be fully appropriate for the situation at hand. I must have signed in a drunken stupor after a wild night at the Pink Piranha Plant."

Toadsworth backs up and the Mario Brothers raise their fists.

"No. He's not getting this castle. Now let's go beat him up. My purse needs replacing."

: "I agree with Teressa, anyway. This is a wartime scenario, and it should be handled properly. So, er, everyone stand and cheer as Mario and Luigi do their thing."

Mario and Luigi run up to Bowser and start pummeling him with their usual fist-stomps, woo-hoos and wah-hahs. The King himself merely frowns and raised his palm to cover his face. Inezach slowly sneaks up around where Mario was as Teressa slings threats at the King.

The plumber-in-red jumps back and charges up a fireball. The flame grows stronger and stronger as he focuses, but Bowser does nothing to interfere, merely closing his eyes and moving his mouth in silence. Just as Mario prepares to throw the flame, however, something historical takes place.

: "So-long, a-Bowser!"

: "Not so fast."

: "Power of the Shimmering Star: Starburst!"

: "Wa-wa-wa!"

A great, shimmering rainbow star materializes above Bowser, and the entire Royal Guard is knocked back as they watch a flash of light spread out from Bowser's position at breakneck speed, throwing Mario and Luigi off the castle roof and into the night sky below. Toadsworth is speechless.

Bowser looks at the Royal Guard and makes a "come" gesture with his hand.

: "Trash the treaties, the scribes, the wartime and peacetime. I'm feeling charitable today. You pipsqueaks just witnessed the legendary, manly potential of the Power Star that crashed here headfirst minutes ago. It's just like I read in the Prophecy Times during breakfast yesterday morning: a being so full of magic that past kingdoms, ones before our time, wasted millions of lives just for a glimpse of its fiery Star Power."

He laughs. It's the single most sinister laugh some of the Guard have ever heard.

: "GWAAAAAAAAAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAH! Here's your choice: join me in the construction and reign of New Koopa Kingdom and I'll make you all my top military commanders. Except 'Worth, of course. He'll be my top janitor. If you refuse, well, uh. I haven't really tested this with my fire breath, but I'm sure it's even flamier now. Fierier. Fire-er."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:12:23 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

: "I... I Refuse." Ochita then looks to all of the guard, and speaks, voice lowered. "We.. Should run."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 11:40:42 pm »

Vilhelmas looks Bowser straight in the eye, and speaks in a voice practically devoid of interest, for most of his short speech anyway.
"Well, the choices are become one of your generals until your ill-ruled regime eventually falls, leaving us finally free from our terrible guilt, or in my case die young in any case. Or we can gang up on you right here and now. For I'm not intimidated by your fire breath."
He pulls his right hand finally out of his pocket here, revealing that it's covered in burn scars, up to and possibly past the fore-arm, though his sleeve ends at lower wrist. He puts this hand on his mace.
"I've had experience with fire. It doesn't scare me. ...And since I'm doomed to live a short and meaningless life anyway, you know, I'd rather die without horrible guilt pestering me for every minute."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 11:53:52 pm »

Ochita gasps when she see's the entirely burnt arm, and winces by a bit. She does however violently shake her head, and shouts at Vil

: "Don't be a fool! There's always another choice, and thats to flee, even though as shaming as it might be!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 12:02:18 am »

Vilhelmas looks at Ochita briefly, still not exactly ringing with passion.
"It's less the shame, really, and more the fact that I'm flame-attuned- I'm doomed to live a short and meaningless life anyway. And you know, why bother trying to save a few extra years? It's not like it'll matter to the whole scheme of things anyway."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:35:44 am by Powder Miner »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:43 am »

"Ochita's right. Don't throw those few years away while you still have them to lose. We'll take the castle back another day."

If Bowser makes a hostile move, Inezach grabs Toadsworth and books it down the stairs. (assuming that's possible... out-of-combat actions being temporally wonky and all)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:54 am »

: "O..Oh. But... You're wrong." Ochita is looking indirectly at Vil, but looks him in the eye with the last two words.

: "I know of the issues that being flame attuned are, but if you just give up, then You really will mean Nothing To The Scheme Of The World!" At this point, Ochita is shouting, anger in her voice.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:12 am »

"So.. basically the old Bowser is making his offers again hm? I don't think it is worth being a minion of that guy, unless you want to get stomped by the red and the green guy. This is like another day on mushroom kingdom! Sooner or later those two will figure something out.."

The snifit tapped his cannon and looked to the sides.

"Which leaves us with only one option, pull back. Orrrr you can join Bowser and hear his ridiculous laugh everyday."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:04 am »

Vilhelmas sighs.
"F*** it, fine. It's not like we won't be fighting anyway though..." Another sigh. "I'll go when the rest of you do."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23