Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zombie corpses are spamming my necropolis  (Read 2006 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Zombie corpses are spamming my necropolis
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:58 am »

Even better:

spawn on the same area as the tower and 'box' the tower inside. Then close it off from the exterior and start building beneath it the necropolis.
Cave the tower in the necropolis.
And unleash glorious hell.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tinyheavyistiny

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is wasted on the living.
    • View Profile
    • Thoughts of Magnus
Re: Zombie corpses are spamming my necropolis
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:07 pm »

What I would do is to create a dump area far away from your fortress and then set all other dump areas as inactive. Once you've done that you can then set all the corpses you don't want to be dumped. Once your dwarves have moved all the corpses you can then set them as forbidden.

Alternatively if you want to further put them out of sight you could always just dig a pit with a two block distance between it and a small pond. Then you dig a small channel beside it leading to the edge of the pond. Set the dump area to be in the channel and then then dig complete the channel leading to the pond so the water flows through and pushes the corpses in to the pit. After that you can just wall of the pit or leave it open, your choice. Since they're in the pit they can get out and kill your dwarves if a necromancer comes along.
A large mammalian herbivore. It has long fur and curving horns. It can be found it the mountains.
Her right floating ribs are broken. Her nose is broken. her head is dented. She is gigantic and muscular. Her hair is white. her skin is pale chestnut. Her head bears a very short straight scar. Her eyes are black. Her teeth is gone
Pages: 1 [2]