Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 55581 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:30 am »

The last Queen, in fact.  You are the Queen and Hivemind, the one remaining pregnant female of your species left in the entire universe. A great war against many species brought Our race down, and all that remains of Your home system is a spinning cooling sun-mass that is giving off more radiation than anything else. Even if there WERE any planets left in the area, You would likely die from the exposure.

As it stands, Your ship is nearly out of power and pulsing error messages. You have enough control of the systems and enough fuel to aim towards a planet and crash-land. It won't kill You, presumably. Some of the Last Colony might die, but You are the Queen and We are but extensions of Your will and body.

There are three suitable planets for our life.

The third planet in the system is a polluted and highly industrialized water world, surrounded by satellites and space stations with a single moon, filled with bipedal ape-like creatures. They never got involved in the War proper, but have killed enough of your numbers on their exploration. It is certain to be difficult, but there is the most biomass there and examples to evolve into. The Flowers would thrive upon this planet, most likely.

The fourth is a harsh, iron-rich planet, fourth from the sun, in the process of terraforming and mineral extraction. The environment is harsh as hell, and will take some time getting used to, but most of the planet is free for you to claim and not have to fight pincer and fang for. It will take a long time for the Flowers to grow, but You understand the Flowers will grow wherever you go.

The last option is the largest moon of the sixth planet - a large portion of it appears to be a massive, metallic, automated refinery and production facility. This is understandable, as the moon itself has a surplus of hydrocarbons and other elements that would doubtlessly be useful in the construction of a mechanical army. Likewise, building hydroponic chambers for the Flowers would suffice for nutrition,

You consider this for a moment in zero-G. Clearly, you should go to the planet best suited for your Caste - Spirit (War/Destruction), Body (Change/Adaptation) , or Mind (Manipulation/Invention).

Spoiler: You Are: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Eggs: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: You Own: (click to show/hide)

[This is a reboot of You Are A Kai Queen, a sci-fi suggestion game from about this time last year. You play the Kai, who are basically giant hive-mind space wasp/crabs inspired by the Invid, Tyranids, Buggers, the Zerg, Aliens, etc. Your enemies (for now) are the Humans, or, in other words, us.

The humans aren't exactly helpless. They have lots of weapons, plenty of bombs, a long history of war and genocide, and have expanded enough to have a galactic presence. There are Space Marines and Space Pirates and even Space Cowboys (no, really, cows and horses are considered a delicacy and useful to boot.) It's not going to be easy to subdue them in their home system, but it is certainly plausible. It won't wipe out the Humans, but will certainly be a crushing blow.

The current choice is:
Which location and what Caste?]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:50:48 pm by Ross Vernal »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:28:46 am »

Sixth planet's moon and mind.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 1 - The Last Queen
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:00:33 am »

Body caste, fourth planet .

Mars is the most fun and Less tech centered hive will offer a nice variation. Don't want another mind-based hive.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:04:18 am »

+1
I liked the original, nice to see you picking this up again.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:26:48 am »

+1
I liked the original, nice to see you picking this up again.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:44:38 am »

First, YES this is back
Second, YES my suggested name is still being used
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:12:02 am »

At first I thought " this was just gonna be A rip off of something else I already seen" then I realized it was A reboot " so  third planet and mind.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 07:44:26 am »

I say the third planet, and Body
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:05 am »

Mind caste, fourth planet

There's only one thing worse to manage than the ability to invent everything, and that's the ability to define new species.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 10:38:14 am »

Hey, 10ebbor10, you voted body and mars in the first game :)

I don't think that myriads of techs are easier to manage than myriads of drones variations
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 10:48:13 am »

Hey, 10ebbor10, you voted body and mars in the first game :)

I learned since then.

Besides, I like technology.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 11:13:35 am »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 12:11:25 pm »

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »

Mind caste, fourth planet

There's only one thing worse to manage than the ability to invent everything, and that's the ability to define new species.
+1
This looks fun.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50