Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 55586 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 1 - The Last Queen
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

Next vote decides Body/Mind. Mars is obviously our planet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 01:18:56 pm »

Decided to change my mind. Switching to body, If possible.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 01:47:50 pm »

You feel the development of your Body and order the Navigation Drones to aim for the fourth planet. The proximity alarms begin to go off. You brace yourself and bend the joints of Your lower six legs.

Your Hive Ship's stealth remains functional as you bypass the Human sensor network, although massive turbulence on entry will doubtlessly set off some sort of alarms. Your NavDrones set all power to forward shielding and aim at an angle towards the ground.

CRASHBOOM!

Your ship skids a few hundred meters on the ground, shedding sensors and parts of the body before coming to a halt. Emergency sirens emit their irritating buzz-drone, warning of critical damage and a fire beginning to spread in the cargo bay. Your chambers are opened up to the bitter cold of the planet, steaming from the heat within. You carefully extract yourself from the wrecked ship and survey the landscape.

What now? You feel the instinctual need to build a hive with a hatching chamber, but you pause and wait, examining the wreckage of your ship. There is biomass to consume within (mostly, dead drones and soldiers, but a few “experimental test subjects”), and you can extract more from the wreckage before dust and environmental damage ruin the more delicate equipment. Of course, the ship is burning hot from entry, and your cargo is on fire.

Further, given the length of your trip, you are pretty sure that SOMETHING is going to come along to examine it. The Bipedals tend to shoot first and vivisect later.

Now what?

Spoiler: You Are: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Eggs: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: You Own: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Food Supplies (click to show/hide)

Your Location: Somewhat northwest of Ascraeus Mons, Tharsis, Mars
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:52:35 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »

As we are of body, tech is more valuable resource for us than drones as we can't easily produce more high tech stuff

So:  I propose Queen, 4 T-drones, 4 B-drones all S-soldiers, 1 B-soldier. nurse, one Navigation drone, all pollinators dig down to create our first base

All others - get to the ship, bring whatever is valuable, risk their lives to do that. In fact sacrifice their lives to get as much as they can. Less drones = less mouths to feed after all
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:03:07 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »

As we are of body, tech is more valuable resource for us than drones as we can't easily produce more high tech stuff

So:  I propose Queen, 4 T-drones, 4 B-drones all S-soldiers, 1 B-soldier. nurse, one Navigation drone, all pollinators dig down to create our first base

All others - get to the ship, bring whatever is valuable, risk their lives to do that. In fact sacrifice their lives to get as much as they can. Less drones = less mouths to feed after all
Agreed
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

+1

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 1 - Of Mars and Men
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »

Additional notes, mostly taken from the old thread:

Spoiler: The Kai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kai Castes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Flowers of Life (click to show/hide)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

Go quite far from the wreckage, take care of erasing your traces, and salvage whatever you can. Then proceed to dig a deep, deep hive with a very stealthy entry.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »

Go quite far from the wreckage, take care of erasing your traces, and salvage whatever you can. Then proceed to dig a deep, deep hive with a very stealthy entry.

This.

Go full dwarf.

Dig into the bowels of the earth to make your home.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 03:02:06 pm »

Salvage first, digging in later.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 03:08:36 pm »

No, It's too risky to get far from the ship, and simply unnecessary:

a) It's damn cold, exposure during travel will kill us, digging near ships let's us to not freeze due to warmth from the fire
b) It will require longer trips from ship to carry the loot
c) Martian weather tend to hide even large objects
d) We will salvage the ship for metal later, leaving no tracks
e) Whatever will come to investigate the ship, will die
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

1) We can survive the cold. It'll harm, but not kill. After all, Mars has been enormously terraformed. (As evidenced by the fact that the ship manages to burn.)
3) We've been spotted on reentry. Simple parabolic trajectories will allow our location to be tracked easily. We're not likely to be investigated soon though. The fact that our ship send zero signals before reentry will let them suspect either spacedebris or a wayward asteroid.
4) The Ship is bloody humongous, If I recall correctly. Not sure we can salvage completely
5) The question is, How fast.

Another note, I prefer to make use of natural entrances, rather than digging one ourselves. If there are any, that is.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19:34 pm »

You decide to get what you can and get away. It is simply a question of which takes priority, and you come up with several plans:

A) Full salvage, with a quick and light concealed emergency hive on the spot. The risk of detection is high, but the rewards are also high. Most if not all of the ship will be saved.

B) Partial salvage, with a moderately concealed hive within the Dark Rimless Pits. Low-moderate chance of detection, most of the ship saved.

C) Quick salvage, scuttle the ship, and escape to live another day as far away as is reasonable. Little to no risk of detection, but You will be severely limited in resources as a consequence.

D) Split the Hive. Queen + Priority escapes with the Quick Salvage results and digs a hive by the Pits; the remainder performs a Moderate Salvage overnight, with the survivors bringing whatever is left during Day 2. The group remaining with the ship is very likely to be detected, but it is the "best of both worlds" option.

Your Hive is very unlikely to survive the exposure at night, although You can simply write everyone off and use Jelly to develop Cold Adaptation.

[I know what y'all want to do, but not the priorities. After getting back home from grocery shopping, I'll pick the most popular course of action.]

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

Partial sounds nice

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:52 pm »

Going for partial salvage.

If possible, destroy the remainder of the ship when leaving. (Only if we get all the tech stuff, and just need to destroy the superstructure)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50