Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how many new clothes do I need?  (Read 1693 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how many new clothes do I need?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:17 pm »

I've taken to selling everything with an x. Gets me stuff and disposes of the junk.

same, its a nice filler good when you aren't too concerned about export wealth or crafts.  Still a bit silly though, the way exporting roasts is.  The problem is though, instead of one click per tattered sock, its now two.  Or like 1.05 clicks per sock if using bins.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:07 pm »

The workflow plugin in DFhack is also helpful in keeping people clothed. All you need to do is set it so that your workshops will try to keep X number of unworn clothes, and then don't worry about it.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 08:04:38 am »

personally i have a clothing stockpile that doesn't allow bins, that keeps unworn clothes, every once in a while the stockpile suddenly empties, then i make clothes untill it stops being empty

so far i have not seen cabinets as a problem, as i don't think clothing in cabinets hurts fps
i do admit that allowing them to hoard clothing does nothing useful really.. maybe i should put a statue in every bedroom instead, similar value, less messy

dfhack cleanowned is really helpful on getting rid of the mess they leave all over, and it's a more permanent fix then cabinets are, cabinets really just store the mess until you run low on floor space

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:06 am »

personally i have a clothing stockpile that doesn't allow bins, that keeps unworn clothes, every once in a while the stockpile suddenly empties, then i make clothes untill it stops being empty

so far i have not seen cabinets as a problem, as i don't think clothing in cabinets hurts fps
i do admit that allowing them to hoard clothing does nothing useful really.. maybe i should put a statue in every bedroom instead, similar value, less messy

This is a good idea I have never tried before.  Except with seeds and hospital cloth.  And metal combat bolts/wooden hunting bolts by the fort entrance.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 02:39:20 pm »

Excellent!  I'm going to add a big clothing outlet on my dwarves' residential floor.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 09:21:37 pm »

The workflow plugin in DFhack is also helpful in keeping people clothed. All you need to do is set it so that your workshops will try to keep X number of unworn clothes, and then don't worry about it.

What's the item tag for unworn clothing?

*Edit* Oh, nvm, just noticed that workflow works off of the amount that isn't in use.  Duh ;).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:54:17 pm by VerdantSF »
Pages: 1 [2]