Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100340 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2013, 07:19:56 am »

Everyone who isn't voting for Vector or Dem should be trying to explain how their actions make sense from a town perspective.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2013, 07:46:04 am »

Vote standings:

• Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • griffinpup(1) - Griffionday
  • Demdemeh(0) -
  • TheWetSheep(1) - Vector,
  • Vector(2) - TheWetSheep,  Leafsnail
  • Leafsnail(0) -
  • Not Voting(3) - Demdemeh, griffinpup, Lenglon

TheWetSheep has replaced Shinigami_King

Day 2 has begun and will end at June 4, 2013. [Tuesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

Silence is all you hear in the brief lull in conversation.

..It is very silent.

Demdemeh has been off the site for the past 5 days, at what point should he be replaced?
Prod sent. Prods also sent to the replacement queue..Err, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:17:30 am by Tiruin »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2013, 08:27:31 am »

Everyone who isn't voting for Vector or Dem should be trying to explain how their actions make sense from a town perspective.
Including you?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- IC Replacement Requested
« Reply #528 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:34 am »

Vector should know better,  and the way she didn't miss a beat after her initial attack was shown to be wrong was suspicious.
Tiruin just missed it.

Now stop being cute and start voting scum.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 03, 2013, 09:10:10 am »

EBWOP:

Vector should know better,  and the way she didn't miss a beat after her initial attack was shown to be wrong was suspicious.
Tiruin just missed it.

Now stop being cute and start voting scum.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:19 am »

Extend

I refuse to vote for someone who isn't here and can't answer questions or defend herself in any way. If we're going to vote vector, we need to let her defend her reasoning.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 03, 2013, 09:18:06 am »

Reminder: Do not post when tired. That's what's happening to me..sorry Leaf. And fixed.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 03, 2013, 09:24:57 am »

Right, short days.  Extend.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:32 pm »

Extend

I refuse to vote for someone who isn't here and can't answer questions or defend herself in any way. If we're going to vote vector, we need to let her defend her reasoning.
I pretty much agree.  Extend.
Also, Lenglon, answer my questions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:26 pm »

I do sortof get the logic, but bear in mind that if you absolutely refuse to vote for someone who isn't posting then "Don't post at all ever" becomes the perfect scum strategy.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 03, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »

Extend

griffinpup: Unvote
OK, I also understand your points and acknowledge what you may have a different opinion on how I should of handled my accusation of bandwagoning.  Do you have any questions or specific sections of you post that you want me to respond to?  For now, I'll answer your original post.

I consider bandwagoning a scum tell, and the fact that he admitted to it made it so it could be proven that he was bandwagoning.  If someone asked me why my opinion on Lenglon changed, I wouldn't say bandwagon, I'd show him the differences and improvements in play Lenglon made.  I didn't want Shinigami to be able to say these, as that clearly wasn't the actual reason his opinion changed.
That fairly succinctly addresses my issues with your post actually; the sentence felt out of place, but I can see what you were doing with it now. 

Leafsnail:
Dem: Is not an immediate threat.  He's been offline for almost a week now, so I doubt he'll be back to NK tonight, killing the other scum first can buy us more time.
Vector: She'll be back around Friday, I'm busy beyond belief RL so questioning her can wait till she comes back. 

What the hell are you doing calling for a lynch of the two people who can't defend their case?  Especially the person who WILL be back soon?  Yes I know you asked for an extend, but that was after Ranger pointed out that you should have one.

I do sortof get the logic, but bear in mind that if you absolutely refuse to vote for someone who isn't posting then "Don't post at all ever" becomes the perfect scum strategy.
That is so not what is going on here.  Vector has already told us when she'll be back, and Demdemeh should be being replaced soon; you seem AWFULLY hopeful to force a lynch through before either of them can defend themselves.

Demdemeh has been off the site for the past 5 days, at what point should he be replaced?
Prod sent. Prods also sent to the replacement queue..Err, sorry.
Thanks

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 03, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »

Dem: Is not an immediate threat.  He's been offline for almost a week now, so I doubt he'll be back to NK tonight, killing the other scum first can buy us more time.
1. Scum is always a threat
2. Tiruin would not allow the night to end with someone unreplaced and one scum remaining, as that would lead to possibly confirming the replaced slot as town/scum
3. I am voting for the other scum, Vector

Vector: She'll be back around Friday, I'm busy beyond belief RL so questioning her can wait till she comes back.
Sure.

What the hell are you doing calling for a lynch of the two people who can't defend their case?  Especially the person who WILL be back soon?  Yes I know you asked for an extend, but that was after Ranger pointed out that you should have one.
I am calling for a lynch of both mafia members.  I don't know what you mean about the extend - my most recent deadline has been on mafiascum which has 2-3 week days, so I forgot how fast deadlines roll around here.

That is so not what is going on here.  Vector has already told us when she'll be back, and Demdemeh should be being replaced soon; you seem AWFULLY hopeful to force a lynch through before either of them can defend themselves.
Not true.

Your entire case on me seems to come down to "you forgot to ask for an extension".  You haven't actually addressed the detailed cases I have made against both Vector and Dem.  You should, because I think both of those cases are damning (especially Dem asking for a shorten even though the person she was voting wasn't in the lead), and if we really are to go with "We can never ever question people who aren't posting" then we are going to meaninglessly lynch a townie today.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:41 pm »

don't be a moron, those weren't questions.
My prime suspect just replaced and most of my secondary suspects aren't even here, and I'm under siege for some reason in Toony's mafia. I don't have the time to do two-re-reads at once right now, and I'm already voting for an extension. I'll be questioning when I can be actually be answered.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:43 pm »

Leafsnail:
1. Scum is always a threat
2. Tiruin would not allow the night to end with someone unreplaced and one scum remaining, as that would lead to possibly confirming the replaced slot as town/scum
3. I am voting for the other scum, Vector
1. Disagreed on account of him not being active at all: Yes he could just be logged out, but I don't think that's likely as he has shown up before as "active" without posting.  If he's not been active at all he very well could have forgotten about the game, meaning if we lynch the other scum we get a kill-less night.
2. That could only confirm him as town, and even then only if he wasn't overly scummy afterwards... I don't think Tiruin would stop the game just because of that.
3. Noted.  Your question was why we're not voting for Dem or Vector when our votes can be FAR more productively used to apply pressure to get reads on people who have replaced in.

I am calling for a lynch of both mafia members.  I don't know what you mean about the extend - my most recent deadline has been on mafiascum which has 2-3 week days, so I forgot how fast deadlines roll around here.
Why were you calling for lynch votes when you thought we had 2ish weeks left?

Not true.

-addressed later-

If we really are to go with "We can never ever question people who aren't posting" then we are going to meaninglessly lynch a townie today.
Could I get more detail on why that is not true?

Well, you cant really question them now can you?  If they're not here then you're questioning a wall, getting more and more suspicious of your target while allowing scum to run free.

Your entire case on me seems to come down to "you forgot to ask for an extension".  You haven't actually addressed the detailed cases I have made against both Vector and Dem.  You should, because I think both of those cases are damning (especially Dem asking for a shorten even though the person she was voting wasn't in the lead).
Partly yes, but I'm more concerned about the way that you are tunneling the TWO people who are unavailable to respond, and the way that you are deflecting my case with bi-syllabic answers.  You have mentioned other people as possible scum, but you are only building cases on the two who aren't here.

Your detailed cases have yet to interact with your targets.  Seeing as you've only made a couple points for each of them; I'd hardly call your cases "damning" without interaction with the subjects.  Speaking of your cases;
Spoiler: Demdemeh: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vector: (click to show/hide)
Almost completely conjecture, and nothing that doesn't scream scum groping around for something to build a case with.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »

a question is a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
don't be a moron, those weren't questions.
Yes they were.
My prime suspect just replaced and most of my secondary suspects aren't even here, and I'm under siege for some reason in Toony's mafia. I don't have the time to do two-re-reads at once right now, and I'm already voting for an extension. I'll be questioning when I can be actually be answered.
You mention your secondary suspects, but don't say their names.  I'm assuming Vector and Demdemeh, considering they're the only ones gone?  Also, since when was Shinigami your prime suspect?  You might mean Cado I guess, but you NEED to specify. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51