Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100084 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2013, 06:46:52 pm »

Sigh, i didn't want to do this but its come down to it. If i wait, theres no telling if it'll be too late or not.

To help the Town, I am the Cop. Cue your questions.

Well. I suppose I can stop working on my "DIE SCUM!!!" essay now...

I was not expecting my suspicions were going to amount to this. That is a very, very big claim my good man. I'm probably one of the bigger reasons to have caused this claim, so I won't shy away from asking a question or two now.

Ranger, let's play the game where we assume you are telling the truth. What made you think I could not be assauged from my suspicions?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2013, 06:52:25 pm »

Birdy: Everytime i've addressed you, you've been fully against me. You say you think theres some hidden meaning behind everything i ask you, you think that assessing your knowledge and character makes me scummy, and you've given no indication of moving from your position. Its like everyone believes i must be lieing through my teeth again, even before this claim.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

Birdy has only talked to you a couple of times.  Hell, Birdy has only posted a couple of times.  Large law of small numbers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2013, 07:04:59 pm »

Let's think rationally from this point, guys.  There's two possibilities.  Either he's a...
Stupid Mafia or a Stupid Cop.
We should work out each scenario and find out what's the best thing to do in each of them.  I'll post my opinions of what to do in a bit.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »

Yes Vector, but most of my posts did deal rather heavily with him. You'll note that he's been a bit of a private obsession for me.

Griffinpup is right on this one this one though.

Unvote.

Honestly, he's right. I was not going to let up on the gas. It was my intention to create a catalogue of his tiny inconsistencies and ultimately have him lynched.

I just didn't quite realize that there could be reasons that a Townie would have to deceive a fellow...

Regardless, let's get the scenarios out on the table.

If RangerCado is scum:

A. We lynch him now, and verify when his job flips.
B. We let him live and keep tabs on him. If we are made suspicious again, we can always lynch him later. He's

If RangerCado is a Cop:

A. We lynch him anyways, and verify on the job flip. He's marked himself for the night kill.
B. We don't kill him, and have the jailer protect him/ inhibit him from doing anything, hopefully blocking one the Night kill at the cost of him not getting information.
C. We don't kill him and don't protect him. Gives him a chance to do research and do something to prove that he's not blowing hot air. On the other hand, this leaves him open for a night kill. If he's night killed, we can reasonably assume he's the cop anyways.

My own gut feeling is leaning towards the idea he is a Cop... No member of the Mafia would be so stupid as to fakeclaim this early. It would be Refuge in Audacity to the extreme. Even if he does live through this night, he's permanantly on our radar. Rather, it is my firm belief that RangerCado is an extremely foolish Cop who's now forced our Jailer into a game of WIFOM with Team Scum.

That's my first perspective on this situation anyways.
BIRDS.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2013, 07:53:33 pm »

Lynch-The-Idiot Scenario:
This scenario has the obvious drawback of lynching the cop if Cado is telling the truth.  Unless we can't find another alternative, we shouldn't do this.

Don't Lynch-The-Idiot Scenario: 
This provides us with a lot of different things that could take place.  The jailkeeper, if there is one, plays a huge role in it as well.  Let's assume there is a jailkeeper, for argument's sake.  We don't lynch Cado, and he goes through the night alive.  He then claims who he inspected in the night, and the read.  If there is a jailkeeper, then they say whether he's telling the truth or not, either by staying silent or role-claiming.  Assuming Cado doesn't die in the night, we get a confirmation on his claim, one way or another.  Pretty much, a huge case of WIFOM that the jailkeeper gets to deal with.

PPE

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2013, 08:04:23 pm »

Honestly, he's right. I was not going to let up on the gas. It was my intention to create a catalogue of his tiny inconsistencies and ultimately have him lynched.

This is tunneling.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2013, 08:16:25 pm »

This is tunneling.

Yes. It is. I won't deny it. He had attracted my suspicions, and has since suffered from them.
BIRDS.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »

Why did you decide to tunnel?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2013, 08:41:58 pm »

Lynch-The-Idiot Scenario:
This scenario has the obvious drawback of lynching the cop if Cado is telling the truth.  Unless we can't find another alternative, we shouldn't do this.

Don't Lynch-The-Idiot Scenario: 
This provides us with a lot of different things that could take place.  The jailkeeper, if there is one, plays a huge role in it as well.  Let's assume there is a jailkeeper, for argument's sake.  We don't lynch Cado, and he goes through the night alive.  He then claims who he inspected in the night, and the read.  If there is a jailkeeper, then they say whether he's telling the truth or not, either by staying silent or role-claiming.  Assuming Cado doesn't die in the night, we get a confirmation on his claim, one way or another.  Pretty much, a huge case of WIFOM that the jailkeeper gets to deal with.

PPE

So it essentially comes down to WIFOM now or WIFOM later.  The problem is; if he messes up his guess on whether or not the jail-keeper targets him, then the jail-keeper needs to claim in order to force a lynch.  Now yes, the jail-keeper could keep quiet, but this shifts us back into the same position we are now: we have no way to verify his claim.

Now personally, I'm against forcing two of our power roles into the open for town to pick off.  This means our options boil down to lightening up on him and see if he becomes less scummy as the game progresses, or not, and lynching him for a fool.

I've no qualms with the latter path.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »

Overexcitement. When RangerCado seemed a bit fishy to me, I pushed the advantage. Small things began to add up that just didn't sit right with me. He was being evasive. This didn't sit right with me. So I increased the pressure.

When he turned and voted for me, I took that as the final sign that there is something more. I gave him a what I considered a final gambit and asked him to take his time with it, as I felt it was vital that he give me a straight answer. He responded in about four hours, failing to convince me. I considered that the final straw to start building the lynch case proper. I'll quote this all so you don't have go back and reread.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimately, I was right in thinking that something was there, so I don't entirely regret my tunneling spree. RangerCado did have something to hide. I just made the mistake of tunneling a character who's identity needed to stay hidden.
BIRDS.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 25, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

Now personally, I'm against forcing two of our power roles into the open for town to pick off.

Oh my.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

Ranger. You are a fool. You realize with a tiny bit of effort you probably would have been fine right? All you needed to do was work for your freedom (I know, it is a crazy idea) but instead you tried taking the easy way out. I'm keeping my vote on you because you look scummy.

Everyone, as said before, if we try to strategize and use the jailer the scum could just no-kill or the jailer would have to reveal them self. (That or some other dumb thing.) Why waste the jailers time protecting someone already deamed as scummy when they can protect someone who is universally declared not scum. I think everyone is scummy but Pup and Vector are both good candidates. All of you people seem to like them.

I am already known for a kind of Lynch all idiots mentality or from my earlier case Lynch all people I don't like. Still, I'll leave the rest to you because my thinking is pretty straight forward here.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

*Facepalm* Stupid typo; I really should stop rushing off posts before I need to be elsewhere doing other things.

Obviously I meant "...out in the scum to pick off".  Although I'd be against forcing our power roles out into public eye if it caused bandwagons; considering the caution of some of the others, this is probably not a scenario we need to be concerned about.

Anyway, back to rushing off to elsewhere.  I should be back in less than an hour though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »

*Facepalm* Stupid typo; I really should stop rushing off posts before I need to be elsewhere doing other things.

Uh-huh.  Nice slip, scumbucket.  I'll be watching you very closely.

I'm keeping my vote on you because you look scummy.

Your business is to find people who are scummy, not folks who look scummy, Shinigami_King.  Keep on working at it.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51