Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100355 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2013, 12:21:50 am »

Dem: Where are you man? We don't need a second replacement on our hands.

Shinigami: ...Woah.

1. Redundant doesn't make it scummy.
2. I watched the game all the way through and Death never used the IC brackets during his attempts to mislead everyone. He talked like an IC might but never used the brackets to make it so. (as Tiruin just confirmed as well)
3. So i mentioned the mistakes again. Might as well if it gets his attention to answer the questions i gave him in the same post.
4. Apparently not everyones reads as you've shown. A player can take what others have posted and use it to build their reads. How is that scummy?
5. Um, i started using ciao when i joined the forum as a way to say bye... I actually thought you were copying me with that.
6. Nothing to say to this really.
7. I've openly admitted i'm a hypocrite sometimes but if you build a case against someone using a scum tell they dropped that you also did, it doesn't make it any less a valid case. Find somewhere where hypocrisy was a scum tell and/or where i'm "covering my tracks".
8. Where exactly? I've equally addressed everyones little falling outs and the only person i could remotely be close to buddying would be Vector. And she doesn't tolerate that at all.
9. ...What?
10. This RL day has been the only time Day 1 i haven't been as active as i try to be, and thats because i was working on RL stuff for you and some science HW i needed to do. I was also recording some stuff since i'm trying to get back into that so my spare time has been lacking.

Why is Ford null? I have my reasons but you just said "hes null... yeah." Also, Pups play could also be considered quite Townie for the same reasons you've stated.

So you've gone on a rant against me and moved your vote, and you don't give questions to anyone else? (Minecraft mafia is a bust BTW, it just became a thread for everyone to mess around in( Like a fan controlled B. Mod)
Pup: If you need to, just take a half hour or so somewhere in your day and read through what everyones posted and try to find some slip-ups. And might as well ask, whos your current suspect and top Townie pick?

Vector: Your starting to make small posts with a single question or sentence in them. Where did all your previous energy run off to? PPE: Okay, your off the hook for now.

Lenglon: Really? Your just going to disappear for most of tomorrow? I'd say half a day of just mulling things over would be the extent this should go. Although the warning of your impending disappearence is appreciated, why do you think its a good idea to leave for so long?

MOD: Can we get a prod on Demdemeh? Also, EXTEND we're going to need it with a replacement in the works.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2013, 12:27:28 am »

See, the thing is, I was fighting so energetically because folks' play wasn't showing that much weakness.  At this point, I've discovered that many folks are showing issues, and not all of them can be scum.  Therefore the thing that makes sense is to try to polish you guys up and find out who still looks scummy at the end, since otherwise my scumdar is just going to sit around being useless.

Eh.

And yeah: extend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:44 am »

Note to Ranger and Shinigami:

I know you both have asked me questions I've not answered; it's looking like that's not going to happen tonight, sorry.
On that note: extend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2013, 01:01:36 am »

Tiruin: have you tried PMing around looking for a replacement?  I think Borno wanted in...
I have PM'd Birdy51, but not TWS [Busy until June 1]...but right, forgot Borno :S

Whichever can PM back in the desired time would be good.

*Tiruin cheers for Vector*, because that argument's stepping out of Mafia and engaging in challenging the idea on how you play

MOD: Can we get a prod on Demdemeh? Also, EXTEND we're going to need it with a replacement in the works.
*Tiruin prods Demdemeh.*

3 extend requests out of 4 have been noted.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:06:04 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2013, 05:42:39 am »

Vote standings:

• RangerCado(1) - Shinigami_King
  • Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • Cheesecake(1) - Vector
  • griffinpup(0) -
  • Demdemeh(3) - griffinpup, Captain Ford, RangerCado
  • Shinigami_King(2) - Demdemeh, Griffionday
  • Vector(0) -
  • Captain Ford(0) -
  • Not Voting(2) - birdy51, Lenglon

birdy51 has replaced Cheesecake!

Day 1 has begun and will end at May 23, 2013 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 3
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

"Alright, I think I'm ready."
"Huh, you're back already? Well, you've a lot to catch up. The Keeper is nearing the endgame back there."
"I'm back."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2013, 11:11:42 am »

Why do i have a feeling the flavor for the extension is going to be something along the lines of: "What! I lost!?!? Nononono, this thing cheated. One more try, just one more!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:00 pm »

I'm against extend. We have been very active and we still have this last day. I am not worried about cheese's replacement because we can observe them the next day. I can appreciate what you have said Vector, about the changing of playstyle; I already said that I do not think the way I did in early game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All of this seems to contain a lot of sucky excuses. I won't be able to properly address this until I'm out of school however. I can't concentrate right now. Right now I'll address a couple things at random.
1.(9) I'm guessing you say what because of that last bit? If you discover what others are thinking and who the list as most scummy/ most town you will be able to find who to attack and still appear town. (If they list their top 3 scum you might not want to attack their number one but maybe go after 2 or 3.) That is an example of what I'm saying.
2.(6) you have nothing to say? Because this is a pretty solid point! What are you hiding from. At least properly address it.
3.(5) I didn't copy you, it's just something I do. This was probably just a misunderstanding here.
4.(3) no, you didn't add anything and people are allowed to push their questions. He hasn't been answering because he hasn't been on. (Demdem that is) You don't need to give him more pointless questions. Key word Pointless. Like all of your posts.
5.(4) A fare point, you know, if you used their reads to build your own. You didn't though! It was almost the exact same.
6.(11?) The same could be said with deaths approach, I had the gut feeling he was scum but I didn't vote for him in the end due to lack of scumtells. If I have a gut feeling for Pup and his play reminds me of a well played scum I'm not just going to say "He is new so he can't play well". Everyone is capable of pretty much anything here. We don't know eachother for the most part so a surprise can be around any corner.

Ford is null because everything he contributed has been void of content other than his reads and it is pretty difficult to get a read on someone who has only stated their opinions of others.
That's all for now folks.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2013, 01:56:28 pm »

Just as an FYI to Shinigami: What you described Ford as doing is pretty much the definition of active lurking.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »

Thank you. I didn't even think of that Griffy. Ford is now leaning scum! Great, now everyone is scummy. Thanks for adding to my suspicions -___-
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2013, 03:48:44 pm »

Shinigami: That thing you just did with the numbers is really confusing. You should really either keep the numbering the same or just quote what you're responding to. I also note that you haven't mastered keeping the links intact on your quotes either.

I'm against extend.
So I guess that means you're comfortable with your vote on ... um ... nobody?

Ford is null because everything he contributed has been void of content other than his reads and it is pretty difficult to get a read on someone who has only stated their opinions of others.
That's all for now folks.

So what would you like to see from me, then? I've answered every question put to me. For some reason nobody has thought to ask me any other questions.

At the moment, Shinigami and the Griffs are coming off as infighting town, Lenglon as slightly scummy (though I need to look more closely), Vector as ... well, she's doing a decent job at being an IC.

Demdemeh struck me as being very opportunistic, as well as deflecting responsibility for his vote and his opinions to others. I do think he's scum (at least until I see a response), but I want to give him a chance to defend himself, if only to give the chance to learn from it.

So, Extend.

Same question I addressed to your predecessor:
Birdy51: Are you scum? Why or why not? (Show your work)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »

...dangit, first the internet eats my post, then regurgitates it in a half-finished form and posts it without my consent. Ugh.

My boss is literally looking over my shoulder so I have no time to fix it now.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »

Wait... I'm nobody? Ford, Shinigami is voting me...
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2013, 03:58:52 pm »

Just in case~ RangerCado

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2013, 03:59:48 pm »

16 hours till Day end. Making a bigger post when i get home.
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

...I see. He showed up as Unvote on the lurkertracker because he put the unvote after the vote for you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51