Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100069 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!
« Reply #735 on: June 28, 2013, 08:05:48 am »

Seriously don't lynch anyone who claims cop day one unless there are 3 people claiming cop (in that case town has won and scum are stupid)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem
« Reply #736 on: June 28, 2013, 09:42:46 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: the scumteam.  It's TheWetSheep and Nightcrafter.
I was giggling so hard.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 28, 2013, 10:15:25 am »

Yay! I was on both ICs' mislynches!  :-\

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 28, 2013, 10:45:05 am »

Hey, GD.

What you did was about the lowest thing one could do in a BM. Seeing scum win so cheaply may very well turn several of the townies from the mafia. I really didn't expect you to end your (and Lenglon's) fairly stellar play on such a note. :-/

Also, I had an achievement drawn up for managing to lynch both ICs. BUT YOU WON'T GET IT. May this forever chew on your conscience.
Noted.  I'll play more above board next time.  You mention that this was about the lowest thing to do in a BM, should I assume it's not acceptable elsewhere either?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:18 am »

Under regular rulesets Griffionday's vote would've ended the day anyway.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 28, 2013, 11:58:50 am »

you can edit now

It's been so long...

But seriously, why wasn't I lynched day 2? Everybody thought I was the scum partner. I checked.
Well, for what it's worth the fact that you were able to explain your predecessors actions in a fashion that was pretty much what I was thinking he must have done to be town indicated to me that you would be able to defend yourself, hence why I backed off.

I kept thinking that Leafsnail et. al. were just using you as a convenient person to say "look: this person is my placeholder scum to keep the scum team from knowing that I'm watching them" rather than actually having a scum read on you, but I'm paranoid so...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »

I kept thinking that Leafsnail et. al. were just using you as a convenient person to say "look: this person is my placeholder scum to keep the scum team from knowing that I'm watching them" rather than actually having a scum read on you, but I'm paranoid so...

I don't recall this ever being done successfully... or at all, really.  I could only see someone like Solifuge doing that trick.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »

Under regular rulesets Griffionday's vote would've ended the day anyway.
Hammers are not regular rulesets. They are byproducts of the same sick mind that decided that nightstarts and jesters are a good idea.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »

Hammers are not regular rulesets. They are byproducts of the same sick mind that decided that nightstarts and jesters are a good idea.

Hey! N0 is actually good for a number of reasons: It allows scum teams to coordinate before beginning the game, it allows players of all factions to read their role PMs and think about what to do, and it can power up roles with night actions if they need it but doesn't necessarily need to affect others.

The only truly controversial aspect is the N0 nightkill, which can prevent one player from ever participating. It, however, does not necessarily need to be included in a game, nor do very swingy roles need to be afforded the ability to action N0.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2013, 07:23:46 pm »

I don't recall this ever being done successfully... or at all, really.  I could only see someone like Solifuge doing that trick.

Eh, I've done it before.  Usually it's because I'm attacking someone, figure out someone else is scum, and then want to watch them a little to see if they keep doing the thing that's tipping me off (if they're using a particular technique I recognize).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 30, 2013, 12:21:03 pm »

That isn't true at all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 02, 2013, 01:29:28 am »

This should have gone up a few posts ago. Full error on my part for not letting that happen.

...Well, this is it, anyway.

Scumchat!

Deadchat!

Spoiler: Cast of XLI (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Actions + flavor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Action - tl;dr. (click to show/hide)

Continued...

"The hardest part is knowing you could have done better, that you could have tried a little bit harder."

"So you knew?"
"Knew what?"
"That we weren't the killers of course!"
"I knew only as much as you did."

Silence. You can smell the faintest traces of smoke in the air.

"This was a disaster right near the start. Too much tension. Too much stress. Paranoia. We've all cared too much about living as ourselves and not living for ourselves."
"But the sha-"
"They will come."
The Captain of the Guard takes a deep breath before continuing.
"Too much tension, like I said. We oft forget in these times that any kind of act or ploy starts in communication. You can win in silence, but not before seeing what the opponent does."
"Alright, excuse me for interrupting this philosophical state, but we're in a crisis. Remember what Vector did?"
"And we'll always be in a crisis until we get our heads right. I want to live. You want to live. But we can't achieve that together. Everyone has made bad decisions; none of them have any hold unless you let them.

"We must learn to trust each other. No man, ever, under my command has had the gall to lie and shame without feeling a tinge of guilt. Miscommunication is the best he can achieve, and yet that is sometimes all he needs for a scheme to come to fruition.

"I want you to head to the aviary, use the key Vector has given you, and get out. Take the Architect with you. She's the only one who would understand how to get everyone free. We will hold as long as we can."
"No you can't! I know these speeches, and it always ends on a sour note."
"It would have either way. We've played into their hands. More to due mistake than incompetence."

They're here.

From the hatchway marking one of the entrances towards the Main Hall come voices shouting in an angry, indecipherable manner, followed by the sounds of a breaching attempt.

"I said go! Everyone, to me. We'll buy them time."
"And I shall lend mine."
"This isn't right.."
"Stop thinking about morality. We'll be alright."
"Too late!"

The hatchway breaks down, and a familiar face appears along with a group of significant others.

"Hi there, I believe we're a bit early?"
"Vector?! You're alive?"
"Yes, hi to you too Leafsnail. I'll keep this brief. The Keeper was held under threat of oath to keep you safe, did her job. Is now currently handling the defense of the lower levels. Though sloppy protocol."
"We thought you died! I-I've seen it. I've been tracking all senior staff lifesigns and yours was the only one out."
"Yes, I've been told that as well. I chose to ignore it and continue living. We've still got a job to do and all, and that's to ensure these newbies know how we fight."
"We've our perimeter compromised and you still want us to fight?"
"The assailants are still here. I may be tired of all this trash, but it isn't something I'd leave behind without burning it all.
"Dariush can lead the way."

"And that was how it all happened, sire. After drawing battle plans and ensuring the upper half of the Aerie was fortified, Leafsnail and the rest led the push while Vector ensured we were off, safe. On the wings of a Hippogriff."
"That doesn't explain the scorch marks on you and the lack of them on Lenglon."
"Err, accidental fireball. Mostly."
"Well, that is all the questions I have and I'm glad to receive this missive intact. Now the problem is, how to convince the King's court of the presence of the Templars?"

~Ch. 2 End~

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 02, 2013, 02:31:43 am »

Wow Tiruin, you write amazing flavor.

Thank you for the tale, tis glorious.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 02, 2013, 09:23:57 am »

Wow Tiruin, you write amazing flavor.

Thank you for the tale, tis glorious.

Agreed. Beautifully written, and you did a wonderful job incorporating player's personalities into the flavor. Fantastic!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:41 am »

Dunno about you, but I found it too confusing. It's unclear who is speaking with whom and which events are being described. You should really cut down on the dialogue and write more exposition.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51