Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100126 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 3: To the Tune of Mo(u)rning
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2013, 01:08:05 am »

Currently operating on nowhere near enough sleep, so no, I'm not going to be able to help.

But everything you write--reread it, and think: "is this actually important right now?  Is this worth fighting over?"  You don't have to refute your enemy's every point, just the important ones.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the advice.  Good luck catching up on sleep.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2013, 01:09:13 am »

Vote standings:

• Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(3) - Leafsnail, nightcrafter27, Griffionday
  • nightcrafter27(0) -
  • TheWetSheep(1) -
  • Leafsnail(2) - Lenglon, TheWetSheep
  • Not Voting(0) -

Day 3 has begun and will end at June 26, 2013. [Wednesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 1
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

As you debate on what weapons you had in about two days ago, one of the balls of fire tries to rush in through the window, before being thrown back and dissipating to the winds.

"It's a warding field. Why would it be placed so far up here?"
"Impossible."
"So it's not a stilett- wait, what are we looking at here?"
"Somebody warded the window from being traversed by scryers or divination casters. Except for..Dariush. I really believe he doesn't mind, or doesn't care."
"Make your choices. You are in grave danger."
"As if we didn't have the whole night to think about that."
"Vector's OK, don't worry about it."
"I meant us!"

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2013, 07:57:11 am »

Leafsnail
Oppose Extend

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2013, 08:10:04 am »

I may not be around tonight until far too late, so let me say thank you all for the game, sorry I played so horribly in the middle there and allowed the game to essentially die.

Lenglon:

Our plays will be dissected soon I'm sure, but before they are let me say: you were amazing, we should totally do this again sometime.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:05 am »

"Broadswords?"
"Eh, no."
"Very well, do you have any arming swords? "
"No."
"This isn't going anywhere! We've no time!"
"We can't just go! That's leaving behind people we know, despite being jerks!"
"Crossbows?"
"No."
"Seaxes?"
"No."
"Just give the word and I'm calling our friend Lenglon, please!"
"The timer's running out, and I still stand by what I said at the start of all this! It's a horrible way to try to find the murderer. I'm still wondering who would design something so horrible!"
"Then...It all makes sense now."
"What does?"
"Vector's words. Her last words. Her hints at the end of the first day? She was onto something. And now it's all coming into place."
"Well..spit it out! We don't even have names for our weapons and I've tried everything the armory has. Even basic equipment!"

It was only then when Griffionday noticed that his words were being heard by the general audience and not his companion, Lenglon.

"Give us our knives, sire. The condemned wish to clear their names."
"Very well."
"Hold on there, what are you doing?"
"Removing the blood from our knives."
"You-you're the killer?"
"Do you think I would kill someone with a pie-cutter? This is what they accused Vector here for, and she's gone. Next, they take out persons of importance with us-"
"This doesn't make any sense!"
"The talk of wards. The spider. Stationing us in a place filled with mirrors that we can't see the exact time of day, or even if it is night outside? The White King being a spirit of morality while it in itself can sense who is guilty or not?

"Don't you get it? We're being waylaid!"

Leafsnail stares for a few moments before taking up his knife, and cutting a small nick on his wrist. It bleeds for only moments before a clot is formed, but just enough to color his forearm in red.

"Then you and him are their targets."
"...What?"
"It all makes sense, as you say. You somehow finding out the right words in the Sunwell? Finding the answer to the solution before anyone else has? Knowing the words of the tradewind magi? Even that is next to impossible. Lenglon, Griffionday, whatever you're both onto, I believe you're hiding something from us. Show your evidence."

Tension. Pressure. Fear.

How did he know? How did he guess? Was this grasping at the wind, or just paranoia?

"H-how did-"
"Shh- What evidence are you talking about?"
"I had my suspicions. There were markings of wax along the corridors during the first night. There were markings along the hallways on the second, and both were tracked to your general locations. Also, the reasoning like I said earlier; do note that I heard all of your whispering over there. It's not like I'm just three feet away, ma'am and sir."
"Why didn't you say it in the first place? We are hiding something-"
"Lenglon!"
"I don't want to lie any longer. We have the royal message. But you must listen to-"

Leafsnail nods and gestures around; nightcrafter27 moves to close the door as TheWetSheep approaches the window and begins speaking in hushed tones. Every spirit but the fluffed one move to the lower area.

"-us, we aren't the killers and there was another person at-"
"I know."
"-...What."
"I know you aren't the killers."

...The Mafia are Victorious.

Vote standings:

• Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(3) - Leafsnail, nightcrafter27, Griffionday
  • nightcrafter27(0) -
  • TheWetSheep(1) -
  • Leafsnail(2) - Lenglon, TheWetSheep
  • Not Voting(0) -

Day 3 has ended

Extension requests: -1
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Leafsnail has been lynched! He was a Vanilla Town IC!
You are the Captain of the Guard. A man built on the precepts of law, order, and gentlemanly kindness, you've always been known as a man of power. Power both in the field of war, and in the field of lore--in the war of words, as you'd like to call it yourself.

No able force in the land could contend with the people under your hand and guidance, as no straight path in the lands could ever assault the Aerie due to its geographical location. Your rank in the bastion, however, proves much more than any title could. A famous and honorable man; being a suspect drew much shock and awe in the eyes of the people, and the thin line of reputation now lies in danger.

Yet it doesn't matter until the task is finished. The people before you lack the subtle art of discussion, most of whom rely on weapons rather than the ever-natural weapon of the human race--the mind, and their communication. Though you have been an influential individual in the presence of nobility for most of your life, your only weapons here are your tongue and your thoughts.

Your duty calls, and you must answer once more.

((You are of the Town Faction! You cannot act at Night, being a Vanilla//Normal Townie. You win when the MAFIA are wholly eliminated, regardless of your survival UNLESS the number of MAFIA is equal to, or more than, TOWN players.))

((You are an IC!))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:48:21 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!
« Reply #710 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »

Uh, fuck everything?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 27, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

Shinigami_King:
Maybe you'll learn not to White-Knight as hard as you can right when you get in a game next time.

Everyone else.  Any advice on my part?

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:44 pm »

Good job Griffionday. I hate you.

Shinigami_King:
Maybe you'll learn not to White-Knight as hard as you can right when you get in a game next time.

Meh, I pretty much did the same thing with Leafsnail. It must be a growing pain or something. Overall, I think you did very well, Pup.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »

My main pieces of advice right now would be to not make terrible votes on townies at lylo if you are town.  And to not lynch cops day one.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 27, 2013, 10:57:31 pm »

You started strong, you seemed to start lurking day two which was a bit disappointing as I felt you were one of the townies who was actually a threat to our team and brought down the average town game by a lot.  Your attention to detail early in the game was downright scary, as was your willingness to hunt every opportunity given regardless of your reads.  Your experiment day one were you buddied me was the second scariest point of the game, short of me saying that I was scum.

Seriously; I hope I'm on the same side as you next game.

Good job Griffionday. I hate you.
Thanks. :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:58 pm »

. . .

So I did catch you.  Dammit.  Next time you won't be able to hide behind the smokescreen of everyone else's everything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 27, 2013, 11:00:38 pm »

Should've posted yesterday; couldn't post yesterday.

Darn am I a silly mod.

Hold up everyone.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 27, 2013, 11:08:57 pm »

I'm still more than a little shocked that I didn't get instantly jumped by everyone and summarily policy lynched.  I think it helped that Dem ended up being the first to attack me on that, and his attacks were fairly easy to counter-push.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 27, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

See, usually people go "Ugh, Vector, stop jumping on us for shit like that!  You can't lynch me because I sound nervous!  You're wrong!"  And sometimes they're town, and sometimes they're scum.

Just... Jesus Christ, Shinigami_King.  I can handle a lot, but "you annoy me so I'm going to kill you" really... hits a lot of very Vector-specific buttons.  In a non-BM I probably would have completely blown my temper.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 27, 2013, 11:14:13 pm »

eh, I'm quite frankly amazed that I never got lynched. I thought I looked scummy every single day... pretty much with every single thing I did.

oh, and here's the link to the scumchat
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51