Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100144 times)

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2013, 07:10:44 am »

Quote from: Shinigami_King
how on earth is over-answering a question evading it?

Giving too much information increases the static to noise ratio, and can be considered an attempt to confuse the reader into misinterpreting what you are trying to say; hiding in plain sight, as it were.

Demdemeh- I don't understand what you are saying when you say that
On the other hand, your point is very good on other being able to hide while this argument is going on
. After joining this discussion haven't I painted a target on myself? Yeah, just wondering.

I wasn't specifically referring to you with this statement. Others have been far quieter, and have spoken little except with regards to you and Lenglon. You have at least been responding, and have been front and center with the discussion, so hiding isn't a scumtell that could be attributed to you.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:38 am »

Quick post to Cheesecake. You don't have to be on at all over the weekend.  You also don't have to vote immediately.  You haven't done anything wrong.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:41 am »

Quick post to Cheesecake. You don't have to be on at all over the weekend.  You also don't have to vote immediately.  You haven't done anything wrong.
^ this. Because I took that in as you needing a replacement without saying so and then felt bad :<

But still, yep. I've actually extended the day because:
1. Finals >_<
2. You people and your timezones [blah blah blah complaints blah...]
Gosh darnit. I... I don't know anymore. I leave for a few days and I have to read pages of long text.

Long text+short attention span+small phone screen=sad cheesecake.
This.
4. People were excited... :/
5. Fun?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2013, 09:49:47 am »

/popcorn

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

Lenglon:
No I've not forgotten about you,

Pup: ok, you want a situation, how about the same RVS question I asked captain ford:
Captain: final hypothedical. you are mafia. it is night 1. on day 1 a bandwagon was forming on a townie. they claimed cop. do you NK the claimed cop or someone else? if someone else, the following day the cop claims to have investigated a random townie and found them clean. do you fakeclaim jailer?
since you claim to have put thought into the jailer role, why is fakeclaiming jailer a valid option in this situation?
Same question right back at you.  Why would fakeclaiming a jailer be a valid option?  It seems like a stupid option to me; as that will lead to a counter claim or being locked away by the real jailer.
the trick here is that the cop has already claimed a result from the night. odds on something as suspicious as a day1 cop claim would be confirmed by the jailer... by jailing him and seeing what he reports. since being jailed doesn't give you a notification, but having your cop investigate does, odds on if there is a jailer in the setup (only a 50-50 chance) he would use it on the cop, and if the cop reports a investigate result, you lynch him. so what you do is fakeclaim jailer, say you jailed the claimed cop, and that the cop is lying scum. easy lynch. when he flips town, you simply call him an idiot, and say that he probably panicked when he didn't get a result. make sure your most expendable mafiasco makes the claim because it's a really high-risk play. if there really was a jailer, and he counter-claims, then you have just successfully learned the identities of all the town power-roles, and you still have a chance to cause a mislynch by calling the cop and jailer combo the scumteam. after this your remaining mafiasco just needs a strong daygame and you'll be in the clear since you know who the power roles are and the jailer can't protect themselves.
You seem to be avoiding noticing that you're being buddied (something appears VERY scum to me).  What is your read on Shinigami?  Are you two REALLY that bad of a scum team that we know both of you before the day even technically starts?
My read on shinigami is possible scum. He's buddying me pretty thouroughly, but it doesn't feel like scum buddying. It feels like he's looking out for me because of the shared situation we were in last game, and the fact that we ended up buddying each other in that game too, with good cause, but it's of course possible that he's scum trying to win allies for later on, or give himself an alibi assuming I get lynched. The reason I'm giving him benefit of doubt is I have trouble envisioning a scum IC that would let him keep it up for this long without telling him that what he's doing is going to get himself lynched.

Pup: You ignored my question, why?

Captain: Where are you? I dont want another Deathsword situation where we have a lurking IC scum win the match.

Dem:

Giving too much information increases the static to noise ratio, and can be considered an attempt to confuse the reader into misinterpreting what you are trying to say; hiding in plain sight, as it were.
that wasn't shinigami who said that. that was me. dont do this again, ever. it's really scummy to lie in quotes. why did you feel the need to steal words from someone else to pressure shinigami? it's not like he wasn't under pressure already.

and if my answer to something confuses you, just ask me to clarify it.
On the other hand, your point is very good on other being able to hide while this argument is going on
. After joining this discussion haven't I painted a target on myself? Yeah, just wondering.

I wasn't specifically referring to you with this statement. Others have been far quieter, and have spoken little except with regards to you and Lenglon. You have at least been responding, and have been front and center with the discussion, so hiding isn't a scumtell that could be attributed to you.
If you find this suspicious, why arn't you pressuring those people? You're saying that unspecified people are acting scummy but not acting on it. that kind of psudo-activity is scummy in of itself. please, back up your statement here. who were you talking about in that quote?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:12 am »

I have to do homework so this is going to be a really short post. Unvote Vector. I still find you suspicious but I feel that leaving my vote on you will get me nowhere. You aren't moving and when you mentioned I would have to get others to dislike you.. it isn't happening. Especially with buddy buddy GriffionDay over there. I'n fact.

GriffionDay- Trying to be friends with the IC eh? Well would you explain why? There is no reason truly to support her seeing as she isn't really that pressured here. It seems like you just want a future friend to give you a get out of jail card. I am going to agree with ranger here and say what are the chances of both Lenglon and myself were the last townies to both be scum. I can guarantee you that, that is not the case. That of course would require you to take my word for it but seriously. What are the chances. When I finish my homework I will make a nice beutifully long post about this seeing as that is what everyone wants. Until then Ciao~

PS. Vector, that latest long post was actually quite nice. It may be because I just woke up so I can focus, but I did like the formatting.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

Dem:

that wasn't shinigami who said that. that was me. dont do this again, ever. it's really scummy to lie in quotes. why did you feel the need to steal words from someone else to pressure shinigami? it's not like he wasn't under pressure already.

and if my answer to something confuses you, just ask me to clarify it.

Point taken. I apologize for the misattribution. It was not intentional, I assure you. Shinigami, please accept my apology for that.

Quote from: Lenglon

If you find this suspicious, why arn't you pressuring those people? You're saying that unspecified people are acting scummy but not acting on it. that kind of psudo-activity is scummy in of itself. please, back up your statement here. who were you talking about in that quote?
[/quote]

Those people would be Captain Ford and RangerCado. They seem to have taken up the practice of active lurking, occasionally venturing a small post with little content, answering the little RVS questions and asking their own, before slipping out of the limelight. It seems to be mainly SK, you, Vector for the bulk of the first day discussion so far.

I will be courteous to SK for now, since I feel like we may have pushed him away from the game. I think he was being honest when he was discussing the emotional impact of Vector's approach to him, so I will move away from pushing him directly.

Captain Ford: You haven't said anything in a while. What are you thinking?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »

GriffionDay- Trying to be friends with the IC eh? Well would you explain why? There is no reason truly to support her seeing as she isn't really that pressured here. It seems like you just want a future friend to give you a get out of jail card. I am going to agree with ranger here and say what are the chances of both Lenglon and myself were the last townies to both be scum. I can guarantee you that, that is not the case. That of course would require you to take my word for it but seriously. What are the chances. When I finish my homework I will make a nice beutifully long post about this seeing as that is what everyone wants. Until then Ciao~
Shinigami: Is that a confession?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »

Shinigami: Is that a confession?
No, it's not. If I was scum I would take a completely different tactic. I would probably be going after Dandemeh and Griffion. I also would not have endangered myself by jumping into the fray. I can see why you are voting me. You want to separate us so that we don't appear to be buddies. Alright, that is fair, but my play style is different and easily noticed. I may draw attention to myself but I don't behave like scum. Ask me anything specifically. i.e. my reasoning for doing (insert action here) and I will happily answer if it will clear my name and let be be on speaking terms with everyone.

Another short post void of content due to I'm still doing socials homework. I hate socials -___-
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »

Demdemeh I kept disappearing/Lurking because it was the weekend. People do stuff on the weekend. You can't accuse someone of active lurking during the weekend as it also counts as zero time. Also, Ford hasn't even posted yet, so how is he active-lurking or making small posts with little information?

Also, you stated people your suspicious of, Great! Now ask the one who has posted,ie me, some questions instead of the one whos been gone for the weekend.
Lenglon: Same as Demdemeh, its the weekend. No one is under any obligation to post during that time.

Shinigami: Although i agree that both you and Lenglon being scum together would be unlikely, one of you being scum is still a very real possibility. 22% is a pretty good chance for someone to be scum. (SS: Doesn't help when the teacher said day 1, this course is going to be boring)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »

Ranger- that is why I am saying people can ask me to clarify the logic behind my actions. It is quite a real possibility that Lenglon or myself could be mafia. I want people to try to see me more clearly so they can see I'm not scum. I'm surprised Lenglon isn't doing the same.

Still waiting for me to post something with content? That wont happen until around 6 PST. But I promise their will be a long beautiful post. In the meantime I just don't want to leave entirely and let claims at me come and go without having a chance to deflect them or at least respond. I'm going to try and be active today.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2013, 12:54:48 pm »

Shinigami: the reason I voted you was simple. that quote assumed that one of us was scum, and I know it's not me. It looked a lot like a slip to me, an accidental confession of being scum.

Ranger: check captain's local time and activities elsewhere. He's here and posting. I suppose it's reasonable to wait another 24 hours before getting irritated, but anything that buys him time to not post means he has fewer chances to make mistakes. The best way to hide is to not be active, and I dont want to give him the chance to do that. That happened my last BM and we lost as a result.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:35 pm »

It wasn't a slip up. I was implying that onlookers can still see either of us as scum. I'm trying to clear my name by being as open as possible. If you say your not scum, do your best to prove it. And there is a relatively large chance that one of us is scum, compared to the chance of both of us being scum. Everyone else is still out there and I don't think the most active players are likely scum. That's why I am voting GriffionDay, because he has been active but has not drawn a ton of attention.

Also, Griffon and cheese cake. Both of you seem eager but where are you? Just curious  :D

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2013, 02:40:27 pm »

Back from my sister's graduation and holy - ... 80-something posts? That's like, 10 posts per player. Wow.

Also, posting from work, so I'm going to post these answers to RVS questions and read and reply to the rest of the thread as I'm able.

[Also, I'm your second IC, and these brackets (combined with italics) are my way of denoting IC speech. When I use my IC Voice, it means I'm trying to offer unbiased advice. I will not intentionally use my IC voice to deceive or manipulate you, but it is up to you to keep your eyes open and consider all the angles]

Ranger:
Ford: Who of the non-IC players do you think would pose the biggest threat to town if they were scum?
Right now, I'd say Shinigami. Everyone believed he was town from the first few posts he made in BM XV when he subbed in. Then we found out he hadn't received his role PM yet -- rather sobering, that is.

Lenglon:
Captain: final hypothedical. you are mafia. it is night 1. on day 1 a bandwagon was forming on a townie. they claimed cop. do you NK the claimed cop or someone else? if someone else, the following day the cop claims to have investigated a random townie and found them clean. do you fakeclaim jailer?
I kill the cop, duh. If the jailer protects the cop, nobody dies, and aside from learning the game has a jailer, the town learns nothing new, while we get to inspect one person to try to find the jailer. It's a win for me no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn't fakeclaim jailer that early in the game.

Griffionday:
Ford:  You seemed to accept the changed role list without any fuss, so I'm assuming you think that it will re-balance the game toward town.  Can you comment on how the lack of an doctor will effect the game?
We won't see scum fakeclaiming doctor anymore. Jailer claims will probably be a lot more interesting than doctor ones.

Cops won't be even more discourages from claiming early in the hopes of gaining doctor protection anymore, since the protection of a jailer makes them useless.

There's an interesting interaction where a jailer blocks a cop, and one of them can verify the other's claim, depending on who claims first. That doesn't have anything to do with the lack of a doctor, though.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2013, 03:00:08 pm »

Right now, I'd say Shinigami. Everyone believed he was town from the first few posts he made in BM XV when he subbed in. Then we found out he hadn't received his role PM yet -- rather sobering, that is.
I never addressed this because I didn't care much but now that it is here I must say that I knew that I was town. I just didn't know if I had a role. Ranger was scum so he was able to tell me IRL that I was not his scumbuddy. I just never bothered asking if I had a role. It didn't come to mind until the mass role claim.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51