Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46812 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2013, 01:03:44 pm »

I think Goldie is going to die, between Vil and Zach. Tanky's action will probably be retconned.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2013, 01:48:14 pm »

Chapter complete aaaaaand level up (chapter bosses are almost always the full 10). I gotta go run some errands then I'll roll your levels.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »

Aw. Since Vil missed, I'd have wanted Tanky to go ahead of me so I could get that boss-egg. Damn.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2013, 03:07:23 pm »

Aw. Since Vil missed, I'd have wanted Tanky to go ahead of me so I could get that boss-egg. Damn.

Should have said so then :P He did have only 75 hit%, after all.

Race unlocked: Fuzzy!

Fuzzies are troublemaking creatures with a paranoid demeanor and a love of (chewing on) nature. They're covered in prickly black spines, and their fangs are perfect for sucking the sap out of trees (or the blood out of foes). While their starting stats are lower than most races, Fuzzies are a great long-term investment due to their racial Tertiary Ability Path: "Friendly Fighting." Over time, they accumulate traits that naturally boost the combat effectiveness of both their teammates and themselves.

Starting stats:

HP: 10
SP: 6
POW: 4
DEF: 3
BRI: 3
SPI: 3
SPD: 5
STACHE: 6

Quote from: Bethany levels up!

Bethany gets +1 SP, +1 POW. She gains the Boo Bomb spell, allowing her to throw a large, ghostly explosive dealing flat damage to multiple foes. She must also choose between Boo-step, increasing her Evasion by 30% when she evades an attack and Brashness, giving her a +2 POW and +5 HP boost.

Quote from: Ochita levels up!

Ochita gets a boost to HP, SP and POW. Sadly, no BRI. She gains the Lay Hands spell, allowing her to cure an ally at RNG 1 for some minor damage. She must choose between Water-walking, allowing her to cross shallow and even normally-impassable deep water with ease and Aqua Imbuement, granting a hefty +3 BRI/+3 SPI.

Quote from: Inezach levels up!

Inezach gains a point each in SP, POW, and DEF. Quite a boost to his melee prowess! Inezach learns the Battle Cry spell, allowing him to cover for Teressa when she's busy. Inezach must also choose between Not-so-spiked, preventing him from taking damage after attacking enemies who can counter-attack (we'll be seeing some of these soon enough) and Spiked Boots, granting him +2 POW/+5 HP.

Quote from: Tanky levels up!

Tanky gains one point each for POW, DEF and BRI. His tankiness is boosted (as well as his offensive abilities). He learns the Willpower ability, boosting his DEF/BRI when on low HP (Prae, you'll probably have to remind me about this :P) He also must choose between Piercing Force, a powerful bullet that hits up to two foes in a line, and Masked Marksman, an all around magic tank ability boost (+2 to DEF/BRI/SP).

Quote from: Vilhelmas levels up!

Vil gains a point in SP, POW, DEF, BRI and SPI. MAMMA-MIA! He gains the Gruffness stat boost, increasing his dismal DEF and middling SPI to more viable levels. He must also choose between Mace Spin, allowing him to attack up to four adjacent foes, and Mace Mantra, granting him +2 POW/+5 HP.

Quote from: Teressa levels up!

Teressa doesn't fare as well as Vilhelmas, only gaining points in HP and SPI. She does, however, learn the Last Resort spell, allowing her to effectively double her melee effectiveness at the cost of exhaustion for the next two turns. Teressa must choose between Blade Run, increasing her range with Slash weapons by 1, and Fierce Soul, an all around defense and resource boost (+2 DEF/SPI/SP).

Once everyone's chosen their abilities, I'll work on updating the pastebin sheets AND adding previews for your level three abilities. It may take a while, 'cause I'm going to update the weapon qualities and other small details.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »

Must. Resist. Temptation. To change. Character. To Fuzzy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2013, 03:16:15 pm »

Water walking.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »

Are Inezach's egg attacks based on POW or BRI?
Probably POW?
If that's the case I'll choose Spiked Boots, for +2 POW and +5 HP.
More POW makes it easier to get more eggs, and also makes the eggs stronger... plus I can use POW for melee combat in general, and the HP bonus should help offset the lack of lack of retaliation. SO MUCH GOODNESS
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:23:22 pm by shoruke »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »

Are Inezach's egg attacks based on POW or BRI?

POW, this is already shown in your sheet.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »

Was editing my post when you replied  :P
Spiked Boots for stat-buffs it is, then. I assume it's going to take effect even when I'm not using my shoes for attacking  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:33:46 pm by shoruke »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2013, 03:43:52 pm »

Obviously giving you a firmer stance allows for more powerful actions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2013, 04:59:58 pm »

I'm guessing Battle Cry doesn't stack with itself after repeated castings? Or can Zach and Teressa work together to make the whole group ridiculously buffed out?
Is it possible to just continuously search each of the Honeydew farm patches until we find something, or are they actually all dried out?
And are there any other sections of the Honeydew Farm, or are we done with this zone?

Also, with 9 SP, I can perform a Charged Yum attack. It's gonna be totally boss-shi.  8)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2013, 05:07:42 pm »

I'm guessing Battle Cry doesn't stack with itself after repeated castings? Or can Zach and Teressa work together to make the whole group ridiculously buffed out?
Is it possible to just continuously search each of the Honeydew farm patches until we find something, or are they actually all dried out?
And are there any other sections of the Honeydew Farm, or are we done with this zone?

1) Battle cry doesn't stack. No status effects stack unless specifically stated. They can, however, be renewed this way. I'll put a note about this in the OP eventually.
2) I'll allow everyone to search once if they want, but once everyone has had a chance, any further attempts will auto-fail. This is to represent how a different person might notice a different spot to dig.
3) There's a little space to the south, but not with anything of note.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »

Do durations stack? Like, if Battle Cry is used when it has two turns left, are there three turns left or five?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2013, 05:13:42 pm »

Do durations stack? Like, if Battle Cry is used when it has two turns left, are there three turns left or five?

Nope, 3/3 means max 3. I think Teressa has the option to upgrade the ability at some point. I'd have to check my paths file.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »

AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I'll go with Mace Spin.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38