Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46795 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2013, 12:36:42 am »

When they were asked a question, she glared at the others for a moment for acting so casually to their commander while on the job and replied curtly.
I was totally standing at attention the whole time and I still agree with this  :P
Although, they are nothing if not happy-go-lucky in the Mushroom Kingdom. Even the hard-ass military types tend to go comically bonkers when the schist gets near the fan...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2013, 09:01:18 am »

Oh yeah, I got some questions for you FFS.

Feel free to answer 'no comment' or ':3'

1. Is this connected to the previous game in any way? Or at least, how long does it happen afterwards?
2. Is this primarily the Mario universe or, as above, a polyglot of the Nintendo universe?
3. Since this seems to be Fire Emblem Lite, are there going to be support bonuses between players at your discretion as long term reward for good RP?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC/Signup thread
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2013, 09:07:21 am »

As long as freeform's being asked questions, I'd like to repeat one I had for him that it's making me a bit nervous that it hasn't been answered yet.

Alright, I'm going to go with the following for the starting party. It was a lot harder to choose than it normally is. Sooo many good applications...
Mind if I ask what it was about my character that made it not chosen so that I can fix it for later/my next character after my current waitlister gets added and inevitably killed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:09 am »

1. Is this connected to the previous game in any way? Or at least, how long does it happen afterwards?
2. Is this primarily the Mario universe or, as above, a polyglot of the Nintendo universe?
3. Since this seems to be Fire Emblem Lite, are there going to be support bonuses between players at your discretion as long term reward for good RP?

1. In the very first sentence in the introduction to the game. Otherwise, no. I guess if you wanted to make a connection, this game takes place ~1000 years after the old heroes defeat Bowser. The bit about peace and prosperity was put there because, even though this is Mushroom Kingdom WARS, "war" is generally smaller scale skirmishes like you'll be encountering throughout the game, and far more lighthearted.
2. It's primarily the Mario universe - specifically, as it's seen throughout the RPGs in the series. But what would a Freeformschooler Game be without cameos from other games?
3. I'm not really sure whether support boni or "bro attacks" are more fitting. Maybe something in between the two, but there will be something.

As long as freeform's being asked questions, I'd like to repeat one I had for him that it's making me a bit nervous that it hasn't been answered yet.

I guess I don't really have a good answer for that. Same with anyone else that asks. I just chose sheets that I thought made for a fairly diverse initial party with good roleplaying.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2013, 09:51:03 am »

Alright, I can live with that answer. If we assume it's true, of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:57 am »

Why exactly would it not be?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2013, 09:56:32 am »

Alright, I can live with that answer. If we assume it's true, of course.

The plot thickens...

Or curdles. One of the two.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:29 am »

Humm, FFS seems a bit short tempered this morning. Better not ask anymore questions.

*backs away slowly*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2013, 01:39:21 pm »

It only took 2 turns! The forces of evil sure do work fast.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2013, 01:46:51 pm »

So how exactly does attacking someone work? I see that weapons provide a bonus or minus to a hit rate instead of a base, so I'm assuming its a flat one, like an eight percent chance or something, or one provided by some stat?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2013, 01:48:43 pm »

Sorry, I was going to get around to explaining that. Basically I roll a d100, and if it's equal or lower to (Your rate to hit, which is always 100 unless a weapon or something adds/decreases it) minus (The foe's chance to evade, which is always their STACHE unless modified by something else) then you hit.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2013, 01:50:13 pm »

Is it double their STACHE, or just STACHE?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2013, 01:51:14 pm »

Just STACHE.

Heroic Hit rate is equal to STACHE/2 and rolled only if you succeed a hit. It's fairly rare unless you modify it somehow. I'll put all this and more in the OP when I have time.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2013, 02:02:03 pm »

Fair enough. How high do you suspect stats to get? I ask because it seems that a dodge will usually be unlikely, specially so if the enemies pack an accurate weapon, unless modified by terrain. I suspect you did such for that same reason, emphasis on tactical positioning instead of relying on being able to dodge anything.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38