Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46780 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

Dammit, I missed the signup for this.

Make a sheet anyway if you want in at some point.

The current char sheets are up in the second post. Let me know if I missed anything.

I thought the bullet shots would be based on POW, not BRI. That is why I added more growth on POW. >_>

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:54 am »

The current char sheets are up in the second post. Let me know if I missed anything.

I thought the bullet shots would be based on POW, not BRI. That is why I added more growth on POW. >_>

Generally speaking, any innate, non-equipment ability or special attack is considered a "spell." If you'd like to change your growths before the start of the game, feel free.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

Generally speaking, any innate, non-equipment ability or special attack is considered a "spell." If you'd like to change your growths before the start of the game, feel free.

Yeah, I will have to change it as he will be basically spamming cannonballs.

Edit: Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:36:38 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 11:40:25 am »

I might at that. But, you will be continuing the ACoS, won't you?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

I might at that. But, you will be continuing the ACoS, won't you?

I'm finding it more and more difficult to gather the time required to update illustrated games with the work I do on a day to day basis. That's why I'm starting this - in case I can't update Warrens due to the drawing requirement, I can still write at my leisure. Considering a turn of ACos takes about 5x the effort and time as an update in Warrens, it's really going to be a see-how-it-goes kind of thing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 12:08:20 pm »

My sheet looks good, yet...I was looking at my level 2 skill actually. :P

Bethany nimbly evades any would-be assailants by disappearing in a puff of smoke. When Bethany Evades an attack, she automatically moves to an adjacent tile at random.

This seems mildly useful in evading the SPD penalty I'll normally incur by being in melee, but won't it cause more problems than it will help? I'd hate to be trying to defend a specific area and being forced out of say a good defensive spot, or protecting someone behind me. Or say, I'm defending a narrow hallway-I dodge, go back one space, and leave a free room for another enemy to step up into the spot I vacated and I eat another attack, ad infinitum. Useless if there's enemies or allies blocking me from different sides.

I suppose I would like the ability to activate on or off at will, but that would be annoying too. "Oh, you didn't say to turn it off this turn. I said it...last turn. Didn't it stay turned off. Sorry, nope, nah..."

I like it, but taking away my characters control sends up red flags to me, and there's no upside to it either-though it might be the only way for me to actually retreat. Now If its MEANT to be a bit wonky for being a low level skill that will improve eventually or a prerequisite to the rest of the tree, I understand perfectly and will abide. But no one else seems to have these drawbacks. Hell, Vilhemas gets AOE Mace Spin for his second level.

Sorry for the gripes, anyway, the rest of the sheet is great. I honestly dont know enough about the mechanics yet to fairly judge anything, anyway.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14:50 pm »

No, you pretty much got the mechanics right. I'll agree it's a bit wonky. How about this: When Bethany Evades an attack, any successive attacks targeting her incur a -30 Hit penalty until the end of her next turn. That would perhaps fit with the disappear in a puff of smoke theme.

Most of the melee types do indeed have an advantage in terms of raw power (including Bethany), but their abilities come at a far greater SP cost.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:18:02 pm by freeformschooler »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »

Name: Konjure Koopa
Race:  Dry Bones
Appearance: Your typical bipedal skeletal koopa. Bleached bones, with the occasional chip or crack gained throughout the years. He generally goes around wearing black robes with blue trimming, with the addition of a pair of sunglasses over his eye sockets. (Don't ask how they stay on his head without ears. They just do.) Instead of a magical tome or book, Konjure has gone high tech, and keeps all his arcane writings, glyphs, diagrams, and schematics on a tablet PC. He also has a pouch on one side that he keeps magical reagents, ingredients, and potions. And a package of M and Ms. Yes, he's dead. Yes, he can still eat. He just likes chocolate.

Bio:  Konjure used to be a minion in the Koopa Troop, serving as a guard in Bowser's castle. More specifically, a prison guard, stuck down in the dungeons with little company besides the boos and other drybones he summoned, and on occasion, Princess Peach herself whenever she was kidnapped. Konjure often felt his magical talents were wasted being stuck as a lowly prison guard, though he knew better to complain to the likes of Bowser. Surprisingly, it was Peach who provided the sympathetic ear to Konjure's gripes, and kindly listened and made a couple suggestions. It was her idea for Konjure to switch from magic tome to a tablet PC.

On one particular rescue by mario, after Konjure put himself back together after being stomped, he found himself under arrest. He was accused of sympathy for the prisoner (having been seen sharing M and Ms with her on one occasion) and plotting to release her. He was thrown in the prison he had been guarding for so long. However, Konjure decided to escape before he could be fired (or set on fire, or both). His knowledge of the prison build let him escape, by slipping his bones one at a time through the prison bars and down a warp pipe. Once he put himself together again, he left Bowser's kingdom, and never looked back.

Eventually, Konjure came to the Mushroom Kingdom, where princess Peach ruled. He decided that he might try being a guard again, but this time on the other side. He signed up for the secuity detail, bringing his knowledge of Bonemancy and magic to the royal guard's service. He'd show Bowser the folly of wasting his talents, and accusing him of treason. He hoped that Peach would appreciate them more.

Primary Ability Path: Bonemancy. The magic of death and the dead. Konjure is known for summoning the recently stomped back to the mortal coil to serve him for a while. Also handy for making foes dead in the first place.

Secondary Ability Path: 1-UP-mancy. The magic of life. Though Konjure takes it in a darker direction, by using this magic to drain life from foes to heal himself or allies.

Tertiary Ability Path: NA

Level: 1 (0/100)
Total Level: 1

HP: 14 (20%)
SP: 8 (70%)
POW: 6  (10%)
DEF: 10 (20%)
BRI: 6 (80%)
SPI: 4 (60%)
SPD: 4
STACHE: 3 (40%)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 12:41:12 pm »

My sheet looks alright, but I'm wondering why I'm short of offensive powers... I seem to be fully stocked with buffs instead, which I find a bit odd.

I do think that the increasing range for a melee weapon is really cool though, and that battle cry seems alright even though it's a bit expensive for my tastes (not sure about having it last just 3 turns though and only affecting those right next to me. Maybe you could increase the range on it?).

I personally would have thought that Fierce Soul would be in the diehard tree too (why does it increase SPI of all things?) since it sounds like it's effect fits in there better, but it does fit in either tree. I wonder how much of an increase and cost does Last Resort have though...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 01:09:23 pm »

Dang, didn't get in. Ah well, time for the waiting game as was said earlier. Best of luck guys and girls who got in!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

My sheet looks alright, but I'm wondering why I'm short of offensive powers... I seem to be fully stocked with buffs instead, which I find a bit odd.

I do think that the increasing range for a melee weapon is really cool though, and that battle cry seems alright even though it's a bit expensive for my tastes (not sure about having it last just 3 turns though and only affecting those right next to me. Maybe you could increase the range on it?).

I personally would have thought that Fierce Soul would be in the diehard tree too (why does it increase SPI of all things?) since it sounds like it's effect fits in there better, but it does fit in either tree. I wonder how much of an increase and cost does Last Resort have though...

Both good points on balance. I'm always wary of effects lasting >3 turns, but I did increase the range of Battle Cry to 2. I also change Fierce Soul from SPI & HP to SPI & DEF (to fit with the melee tank theme).

Anyway, here's your Obligatory Roleplaying Images What Go Next To Your Dialogue. I interpreted Powder's insistence on "white skin" as literal white skin. The IC thread intro is being typed up now.

Vilhelm
Teressa
Ochita
Inezach
Tanky
Bethany

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 02:18:57 pm »

Better late than never, ey wot!

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Heroic humans are 300 + 50 - 80 = 270, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »

I guess it's waitlist at best for me, but I'll post a character anyway.

Name: Webby Bones
Race: Koopa Troopa (Dry Bones)
Appearance: Webby is a skeletal Koopa Troopa covered heavily in spiderwebs. One spider often hangs from her mouth or lurks inside her eyesockets. Her shell used to be yellow, which can still be seen on a few shell scutes.
Bio: Webby first came to consciousness in a quite confined space, so she didn't move about very much. She doesn't know or care how long she was in that space. Occassionally she would notice other movement, such as the small spiders that would nest in her, whispering of a larger world, or movement of the space itself. After one such movement, Webby's world expanded significantly - some people opened her sarcophagus, and ran away screaming when they saw her move. Apparently her sarcophagus had been moved to a museum in a place called the Mushroom Kingdom, and no one expected her to be Dry Bones, having never really reacted to other movement. After she had learned the local language and customs, with no lack of people asking her about a life before the sarcophagus that she never knew, she decided to put her skills to use as a guard, since apparently no one else liked her and her spiders much. She rose to prominence at a, to her, suspicious speed and was allowed to enter the Royal Guard, not that she has really met the Princess yet. Just the expected sightings.

Primary Ability Path: Spider host. Over time, Webby has attracted a number of spiders with whom she has a good relationship and that are somewhat sentient.
Secondary Ability Path: Creepy gal. Webby is a walking, talking, living skeleton with vermin living inside her, and is quite good at intimidating the people around her.
Tertiary Ability Path:

Level: 1 (0/100)
Total Level: 1

HP: 14 (60%)
SP: 8 (20%)
POW: 6 (50%)
DEF: 10 (40%)
BRI: 6 (50%)
SPI: 4 (70%)
SPD: 4
STACHE: 3 (10%)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 02:32:14 pm »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »

Okay, finally got my sheet done!