Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46835 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2013, 01:27:03 am »

You guys totally should have joined up with Bowser.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2013, 01:43:06 am »

Yeah, I'm surprised there was no tactical betrayal on anyone's part. I would have at least asked about the perks.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2013, 01:52:16 am »

I usually ascribe to the philosophy of 'don't split the party'.

Since FFS would probably kill off the weaker group to save himself the workload of running two games at once :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2013, 01:54:36 am »

I usually ascribe to the philosophy of 'don't split the party'.
This.

Plus, who would join Bowser in a Mario game? We all signed up to save the world.
That would be the fanatics outside Kefka's tower, remember them? Brainwashed and crazy and starving to death because Evil Clown Overlord Douchsalot doesn't bother to feed his fans.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:56:54 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2013, 02:35:59 am »

Umm... Shoot the warship?!

Not enough dakka. And if we did have enough dakka for that, why shoot it down when we could hijack it for ourselves instead?!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2013, 03:04:59 am »

@Zako: Yeah, I'd like to get past level 1 as well. :P

Right now Boothany is not terribly lethal to anyone with any defense whatsoever. She has no power! As mentioned, sword attacks woulda bounced off Kammy without critting, though I certainly could have slashed her spirit in half and boosted our casters damage in exchange.

As is, my current strategy will be to either open up with Ghastly Ghash on big enemies to let our casters nukeaway, prioritize the weaker Def enemies and chop them apart, or use my flying ability to get flanks and help break through chokepoints.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2013, 06:49:46 am »

Anyone who didn't see it coming OOC is silly. It's the exact buildup from Paper Mario.
I didn't!
But then again, I never player any Mario RPGs. Or many Mario games, period.

Not enough dakka.
You'll be waiting much longer for that. See, there is a chronic state in the universe known as "Insufficient Dakka," which involves there not being sufficient quantities of dakka. Despite the best attempts of orks, this problem has never been solved, and said attempts suggest that it's best that way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2013, 06:54:36 am »

Anyone who didn't see it coming OOC is silly. It's the exact buildup from Paper Mario.
I didn't!
But then again, I never player any Mario RPGs. Or many Mario games, period.

Not enough dakka.
You'll be waiting much longer for that. See, there is a chronic state in the universe known as "Insufficient Dakka," which involves there not being sufficient quantities of dakka. Despite the best attempts of orks, this problem has never been solved, and said attempts suggest that it's best that way.
Once I'm in I'm fixing that. After all my character is supposed to be a somewhat cowboy type guy. With guns. And magic bullets. Also should we start shipping now or later?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:51 am »

Not enough dakka.
Once I'm in I'm fixing that. After all my character is supposed to be a somewhat cowboy type guy. With guns. And magic bullets.
[/quote]
I can see the headlines now: "Royal Guardsman Destroys Castle. Casualties Inexplicably Minimal."

Also should we start shipping now or later?
...Who do you have in mind?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2013, 07:03:04 am »

Not enough dakka.
Once I'm in I'm fixing that. After all my character is supposed to be a somewhat cowboy type guy. With guns. And magic bullets.
I can see the headlines now: "Royal Guardsman Destroys Castle. Casualties Inexplicably Minimal."[/quote]
Yeah, basically that but also with occasionally turn into a magical monster.
Also should we start shipping now or later?
...Who do you have in mind?
[/quote]
Vilhelmas and Ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:00 am »

Only a Mario game could possibly be this ridiculous while also being dramatic.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:52 am »

...Well, Bowser has certainly gotten inventive over the years. Must've been all the cart racing or golfing he did with the others :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2013, 10:57:27 am »

Wydarstur: There is no way that airship can carry the entire castle.
Wydarstur: That's my suspension of disbelief out of the window.
the most level: it's a really big airship
Wydarstur: Really big window.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2013, 11:21:47 am »

Good thing we're in the Mario universe, or launching ourselves out of a cannon in midair might temporarily inconvencience us.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2013, 11:22:34 am »

I love the look of the Bowser mapsprite.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38